General Thoughts - Biology (1 Viewer)

tjenn

HSC
Re: how did you go?

I know what you mean!!! I studied B and T Cells for ages!
Al though i thought the exam was sooooo good! I'm not sure you could have asked for a much better exam!!!
I was so stoked wheh i got out...looking at a Band 6 (cross fingers...)

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
i reckon it was a pretty good exam
didnt like much of communication tho

auxx

HSC

OMG The GENETICS option was harddd, took me like an hour to finish. The first section was not too bad, except the 8 marker, wehre it was a bit cinfusing. well, NO MORE BIO EVERRRRRRRRRRRR :D :D :D :D :D :D

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A

henry08 said:
Biology is just applied chemistry.
He doesn't actually do bio...so just ignore his posts in this section (he seems nice enough everywhere else he posts though).

The scans if anyone was interested: here :)

Kontemptuous

Lurker
HSC
lollypoplady said:
As for the rest, more or less basic. A couple of them i had to think twice about. Also, multiple choice qu5 about the polio vaccine none of them were right? I ended up writing c) even tho it talked about B-cells yet polio is a VIRUS and therefore are attacked by Killer T-cells not by antibodies! The one with Tc cells said that it attacked "all viruses that enter the body" so that was wrong. Confused me for a while i have to say. Anyone else?

No more bio!! :)
That's what i thought too... So i just stuck with C as well :bomb:

Hope it smooths out okay. Does anyone kno if the HSC has ever had typo's / wrong answers before?

HSC
gah, stupid phloem question. i always hated phloem - i put sieve plate and sieve element. considered putting companion cells, but didn't...

ozsunny2

HSC
lollypoplady said:
As for the rest, more or less basic. A couple of them i had to think twice about. Also, multiple choice qu5 about the polio vaccine none of them were right? I ended up writing c) even tho it talked about B-cells yet polio is a VIRUS and therefore are attacked by Killer T-cells not by antibodies! The one with Tc cells said that it attacked "all viruses that enter the body" so that was wrong. Confused me for a while i have to say. Anyone else?

No more bio!! :)
well the antibodies actually do attack the viruses. antigens remember!
but meh
dw its all good, u still got it correct :)
yay no more bioooooooo! woot

lilwim

HSC
N/A

gloworm14 said:
heyyyy

omg all that B and T cell knowledge for nothing!!!

lol

i
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

i did sooo much work on all of the lines of defence, and on transcription and translation, etc.... and FOR WHAT?!?!?? :burn:

dolbinau

HSC

lilwim said:
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

i did sooo much work on all of the lines of defence, and on transcription and translation, etc.... and FOR WHAT?!?!?? :burn:
Hey, we did have a question on polypeptides that you could have applied that knowledge too (a little, at least).

lepellillow

HSC

what about the question about disease in tasmanian devils? i was like uhhhh everything i know is to prevent human disease and so all i did was say you could use quarantine and etc but its expensive and you can't control wild populations... and then said get heaps of the non-diseased animals and stick them in captivity til the disease goes away so the species will still survive lol

but what is a good answer??

deelovesjohnny

HSC
it was the worst biology exam ever!! barely anything i knew really really well was on there.

malak1

HSC
That bio exam was okay when u compare it to past years but when u add up the questions LIke that question on bLoOD banks that was just STUFFT and for what 8 MARKS!! wat happened to pasteur And my frieND KOCHyy.

all THAT FOR NOTHING!!

AND THAT communication question on the insect and discs . I had no clue!!!

multiple choice was gud though .. I HOPE

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
lol lol lol insects the membrane was for detection of sound if that makes it easier for u lol cause that should make it piss easy like it was for me

adnan91

HSC

lepellillow said:
what about the question about disease in tasmanian devils? i was like uhhhh everything i know is to prevent human disease and so all i did was say you could use quarantine and etc but its expensive and you can't control wild populations... and then said get heaps of the non-diseased animals and stick them in captivity til the disease goes away so the species will still survive lol

but what is a good answer??
It didnt say to prevent human disease i think it said to keep the healthy animals from not developing disease. I put captivity fences, nets. Developing vaccine/treatment for disease and killing infected animals otherwise

dolbinau

HSC

How many marks was that question worth?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)