General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Just talked about mangroves and their ability to secrete salt out of special glands and then shed their leaves, this helps to maintain salt concentration.

Venom.

HSC
Just talked about mangroves and their ability to secrete salt out of special glands and then shed their leaves, this helps to maintain salt concentration.
Secretion
Exclusion
Accumulation

3 marks woo

Harley Chan

HSC
so far i know i lost 4 marks in MC -due to stupid mistakes...fml CMON Part B & section II :ninja:

Ben Taylor

HSC
hey a question for the 8 marker last question in short answers

what did people talk about in genes affecting phenotype

i wrote 2 hetozygous parents can lead to a different phenotype
using a punnett square am i right?>
Yeah, that seems right. I wrote about crossing over in meiosis, and independent assortment of homologous chromosome pairs - did anyone else write about that?

Harley Chan

HSC
Yeah, that seems right. I wrote about crossing over in meiosis, and independent assortment of homologous chromosome pairs - did anyone else write about that?
yeah i also wrote about how mutations and mutagens can cause deformity in the phenotype

rankinh

HSC
I had A for Q4. Reason being is that isolation is the key to quarantine, if you move them you're spreading the disease from that enclosure. It says that 'A disease has been identified in animals in one enclosure of the farm', Why would you move them out of that enclosure to another one?
i HATE question 4. i had B, if there in their enclosure there already isolated. So vaccinating all animals will make sure the disease is eliminated over time from the popualtion. It says prevention so i assumed they only knew that one enclosure had the disease.

Venom.

HSC
Nah don't think so. There was an emphasis on environment - mutagens, etc. Talked about some other random shit too - PKU (don't even know how to spell that motherfucker) disease over phenylalanine intake.

C-BAS

HSC
I think I did pretty well. Hopefully over 90, but I'm not going to get cocky about it. Speculation is just that, speculation. You'll only truly know when the results are released.

gibsonsgshred

HSC
It was pretty good though there were some tricky questions.

I'm FINISHED NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodbye HSC :jump::jump::jump::jump::sun::sun::sun:

HSC
easiest exam so far, finished it 15min early and had a short nap
reallyy?????

i had like one minute to check my answers that was it and what did you's write for the 8marker on communication????

i stuffed it up

xx

roger08

HSC
Question 11 is not referring to photosynthesis, it is referring to transpiration (or water loss) through the stomata.

That's what I thought - the stomates have little to do with photosynthetic processes,
Their function is in transpiration and water loss
The plants in arid/dray conditions would be aiming to conserve water as much as possible
I don't know
But overall I was pleasantly surprised with the exam, considering the relative difficulty of last year's :)

akim93

HSC
reallyy?????

i had like one minute to check my answers that was it and what did you's write for the 8marker on communication????

i stuffed it up

xx
hey i was confused with that 7 marker(not 8) question on communication
isn't it talking about auditory canal+organ of corti ..how they all work to detect vibrations and soundetc then just naming the technologies (hearing aid and ccochlea implant)

i also wrote sonic shadow and eustchian? tube just to fill the lines
but im not sure if im right

Ben Taylor

HSC
Re: Hsc 2009 bio exam

I'm not sure whether this is correct
i dont mean to undermine you but the processes of filtration, reabsorption and secretion occur in the nephron not in specific parts of the kidney. the nephrons are located mainly in the cortex and outer medulla and there are almost 800000-1 million nephrons in each kidney.

i put the cortex and described role of nephron, and put ureter and described excretion of urea in urine and put in the renal artery bringing in contaminated blood from the body for excretion
fingers crossed its right
gl to everyone:):)
Yep - Renal artery brings in the blood, ureter takes the waste for excretion, and the medulla contains the nephrons for filtration - Kamal, you're right dude

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
That's what I thought - the stomates have little to do with photosynthetic processes,
Their function is in transpiration and water loss

The plants in arid/dray conditions would be aiming to conserve water as much as possible
I don't know
But overall I was pleasantly surprised with the exam, considering the relative difficulty of last year's :)
Photosynthesis: 6CO2 + 6H20 --> C6 H12 O6 + 6O2

I think it's clear that photosynthesis involves water, and you yourself even stated that stomates affect water and water loss

Thus stomates have SOMETHING to do with photosynthesis

Im making no judgement as to the answer of the question, but there is a relationship between photosynthesis and stomates

xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)