General Thoughts: Biology (2 Viewers)

barny268

HSC
i liked it. some weird questions and the 7 marker in core was very broad. could have talked about lots really. overal good though

premiumcbc

HSC
As far as I understood it, Natural Killer T cell was a type of cytotoxic cell which killed abnormal host cells specifically. I do believe some people might use them interchangeably but I think its possible there is a distinct difference.

jbrunero

HSC
I thought it was relatively easy compared to some other recent years. BTW anyone who did genetics... Why the eff was there a question about a chicken that didn't have feathers!? Haha.

salih08

HSC
What the hell was that X and Y Technology? Electronic Thermometer and Electronic Data Analyser??? :S

And for communication, B was dendrites but was A Myelin Sheath???

easy paper overall though.

salih08

HSC
Re: 2011 HSC Biology Paper

cytotoxic sounded more fancy so i went for it haha

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
What the hell was that X and Y Technology? Electronic Thermometer and Electronic Data Analyser??? :S

X = Thermometer probe
Y = Data Logger

1981Grant

HSC

A was the axon. The myelin sheath are the layers that insulate the axon to speed up the impulse. Unlucky.

Last edited:

sonispucca

HSC
I also looked at the advances in transgenic species, particularly golden rice. Golden rice has the gene to produce high amounts of vitamin C and can be planted in third world countries where the diet mainly consists of rice and there is a high prevalence of scurvy due to lack of vitamin C. The increase of golden rice in their diets then improves the health of individuals and thereby the society as a whole, allowing it to function better.

Etceteraaa :)
Golden Rice ftw! I was freaking out when i was the only person in my class that talked about transgenics for that...much better now :)

sonispucca

HSC
actually quite liked that exam. multiple choice was tricky at times, but still, thats mc hey

thank you all-nighter you have saved my arse yet again!
Seconded! Everyone always says that cramming last minute for bio never works, but i know thats BS...That's the only reason I could answer most of the MC.
I don't know what everyone is complaining about, it really wasn't the hardest exam they've ever given. Not saying it was easy though either.

CalumGemmell

HSC
I got 17/20 for MC, the phloem question screwed me up a bit. So did the codominant pedigree one - we never did codominant crosses at my school, one of the joys of going to a shitty school. Got at least 19/25 for communication, punched myself when I got out and realised B was dendrite and not the axon terminal. Core was pretty standard I thought. Will get at least low 80's raw, most likely 84-88. Does anyone know if this will be enough for a band 6 this year? I know it may have been in previous years but this year I personally thought it was easier.

carmenleung1

HSC
hahaha i put X= thermometer and Y= electronic thermo-meter....
not realising that thermo-meter and thermometer were exactly the same thing.
stupid brain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)