General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I was kinda leaning towards C. Because if it was a rapid change it would skip over the production of enzymes.

Last edited:

fallenang3l

HSC
Nahh I pretty sure my Q19 is wrong. It should be C. Other than that I'm sure everything else is correct... Someone correct me if I'm wrong :L

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pretty sure 16 is C. Its only possible to make transgenic species if the DNA is made from the same elements (phosphate, nitrogenous bases etc) otherwise the recombinant gene would not be viable. B is a bit dodge because nuclear transplantation is not easy to do....many of the times the procedure does not work (thats why many copies are made to test in varies species)

fallenang3l

HSC
GUYS EMERGENCY?!?! Is the Lead contaminating the water infectious or non-infectious? omgg freaking out I put non-infectious and linked it to nutrients and deficiency and shizzzzz and because lead isn't a pathogenic particle, anyone else?
Yeah its because its not caused by a pathogen so its non infectious

Simile

HSC
N/A
For tall the people who did genetics, how Did you answer question e

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
You know I had some proud moments in this exam..

Freaking out in the 5 minutes reading time on how easy the exams was..

Then the brain letting you down by not remember the spelling for phagocytosis

then writing half a page on what happens to a monkey when he loose an eye (sorry brah)

Ahh, just fond moments..

but on the serious note, that clone cell I just wrote gibberish and for that 7 seven marker.....once again gibberish..

predicted mark late 60 and mid 70

sadgal

HSC
Here's what I got:
1-a
2-c
3-a
4-d
5-a
6-b
7-d
8-b
9-c
10-a
11-b
12-b
13-c
14-d
15-b
16-c
17-c
18-b
19-a
20-c

ShadowBear

HSC
What did everyone get for q.18 about the pathogen P? I was torn between B and C but I put B because I had remembered reading that when your memory cells have already been exposed to a pathogen, then they're able to make a lot more antibodies a lot faster. Thoughts?
I had the exact same reasoning. Hope it was right.

ShadowBear

HSC
i think i messed up the observation of the rat thing :L put vasoconstriction but you cant really observe it... what else did you guys put?
I put Vasoconstriction too :S I said there would be a slight change in colour in the rats extremities (tail, legs) I also said it's raised fur to create a layer of heat.

ShadowBear

HSC
Please excuse my answers that were on the paper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I really hope you're right. I only got number 19 different, I had no idea and picked A which I feel is definitely wrong.

narutofire21

HSC
the diagram for question 12/13 [pasteur] does not list any method or equipment that implies the beakers were sealed from the air. Also on Day 1 is says the nutrient broth was clear for both tubes, so you can say it wasnt exposed to microbes. they both developed cloudiness on day 14, thus the only explanation is they were exposed to the air. [c]?

ShadowBear

HSC
the diagram for question 12/13 [pasteur] does not list any method or equipment that implies the beakers were sealed from the air. Also on Day 1 is says the nutrient broth was clear for both tubes, so you can say it wasnt exposed to microbes. they both developed cloudiness on day 14, thus the only explanation is they were exposed to the air. [c]?
You definitely have a point. Although, the diagram is a bit unclear as to whether a stopper was included or not in the experiment.
As for your second point, I am curious myself as to whether just because the broth appeared clear of microbes on day 1 it means they were not exposed to microbes, is there any way that the microbes may require growth to be observed? In other words, are microbes observable at that early stage in the experiment?

narutofire21

HSC
so many dodgy questions lol im thinking the answer to that one was boiling [c] because if they were both sterile [boiling] they would have not developed cloudiness. But then again in the first place, bacterial growth occurs due to exposure to the air in the nutrient broth, which is why they use a control [closed beaker] which doesnt develop bacteria. thus bacterial growth in the first palce has to occur from exposure to the air [d], which is the only way they could have developed bacterial growth. this is hurting my head im done who knows what the bostes did

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)