General Thoughts: Business Studies (1 Viewer)

bos.2

HSC
Well i thought it could have been better, only a few of the questions our idiot of a teacher had not taught us or had not gone into enough detail, i found myslef at home during the holidays finding peices of the syllabus she had ignored!
I think i went alright, actually quite good, biz is my fave so i put alot of effort into it.
Can only wait and see now :)

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC
i did 28. i was blowing up. they didnt word it correctly, they wrote developing a marketing plan. the sylabus headings are developing marketing strategies, elements of a marketing plan.
WTF! and the bag question was like wtf is this shit
1) Fits all your shopping
2) Government tick-approval

00iCon

HSC
1) Fits all your shopping
2) Government tick-approval
wuht? i said 100% enviro friendly, cos the advertisement itself is not enviro friendly.
and what is consumer orietation, or customer orientation?

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC
wuht? i said 100% enviro friendly, cos the advertisement itself is not enviro friendly.
and what is consumer orietation, or customer orientation?
Yeah, I that could also be right. :) I just listed the answers that I wrote.

What I wrote for Customer Orientation is Customer Orientation is when a business focuses business efforts solely on the customer.

1820's-1920's: Production Orientation
1920's-1960's: Customer Orientation
1960's-Present: Market Orientation.

HSC
Is't customer orientation when the business achieves the needs and wants of the customer and in doing so it achieves the goals of the business :S you didnt have to put the different approaches in it was a 2 mark question...

NightWingkz

HSC
multi- no problem
short answers- not easy.... (think i stuffed a 6 mark one) =[
essay- alrite.... q.28 was definetly easier than q. 27, think i spent too much time on report though comparing to q.28 xP

izah123

HSC
Global branding is possible but generally more aligned for a standardised approach vs a differentiated approach, unless the company is very large; you still need to mention it though

Pretty easy test, I wrote 14 for the report and 12 for extended response (Q28), expecting 98-100 raw, though as low as 96 is possible I guess... Less than that and I'll probably kill myself.

Worship me, peons.
wtf are peons, i hope you get 65.

jessica__x

HSC
There goes my band 6. The multiple choice was breezy, the short answers were just wtf. Seriously, what was up with that environmentally friendly bag? and i was sitting there for ages wondering how do the effing interest rates affect exports. ==" extended responses was a mess. i didnt even know how to adapt my case study in.

All in all. Board of Studies failed this year. Bastards.

pinkispunk66

HSC
question 3 or whatever has to be liquidity and not efficiency.....
it affects the current liabilities by factoring accounts payable

00iCon

HSC
Yeah, I that could also be right. :) I just listed the answers that I wrote.

What I wrote for Customer Orientation is Customer Orientation is when a business focuses business efforts solely on the customer.

1820's-1920's: Production Orientation
1920's-1960's: Customer Orientation
1960's-Present: Market Orientation.
Goddamit! This is exactly what i was talking to my friend about over WLM and i got it wrong!!!! The Chapman textbook has it as "Selling approach", and the others are marketing approach and production approach. I think! I handed my textbook in so i can't check.

but the accounts recievable turnover ratio is under efficiency! Despite that the question said he was paying off some other debt, so i think liquididty is more right :(

bchang100

HSC
lmao i know, that was so stupid. epic fail.
OMGGG I KNO

that was soo stupid
i wrote like customers affect marketing pricing stratetgis
marketing affect the financial budgets
and financial budgets are part of the financial plannign cycle

julia21

HSC
i thought the multiple choise was ok pretty easy... a couple were a bit wierd q 11 i think about exporting did not know but guessed it probly got it wrong :)
the short answers were ......... ok........
did anyone else think the ASX q was hard and rtard cause i did.. and was expecting a financial thing in short answers for easy marks :(
but overall ... it was ok q 28 was easier than 27 but i ran out of time

HSC
Would it be possible for anyone to post the exam? i'd really like to see it and what the questions were :)

megan22

HSC

This confused me for ages too!!!
But...
If you factor, you sell your accounts recievable, which is under current assets (because its owed to you).
You get cash in return for these accounts recievable, which is also under current assets.
Liquidity is the same.
If you then use this cash to pay your accounts payable,
You take x amount of cash from current assets to pay x amount of current liabilities.
Therefore, your currrent ratio will stay the same, and liqudity isn't affected.

However, the business's efficiency has improved in collecting their accounts recievable.

00iCon

HSC
actually you'll find that factoring incurs a fee!
So, lets assume all Accounts recievable turns to cash. Cash is then used to pay the debt... the working capital(CA - CL) will not change BUT liquidity ratio(CA/CL) will change. unless Liquidity ratio is 1:1...

La Bomba

HSC
hmmm but you must realise it does improve your working capital a.k.a cash on hand, which in turn increases liquidity.

La Bomba

HSC
like acccounts receivable is the time it takes people to pay your accounts, when you factor you are getting a third party to get your accounts, so therefore unfortunately it does not improve it, as it will take the same time for them to pay the third party,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)