General Thoughts: Business Studies (1 Viewer)

lauraleopard

HSC
Re: Not hard?

the business exam was way easier than i thought, much easier than the standard english exam i had today, the marketing question relating to legal sum legal issue or something?? i forget, but in that one area i diddnt do so well, the rest pretty great

nnarsey

Gandhi
HSC

was annoyed that the test did not include any of the main things like marketing strategies and management theories

learn4fun

HSC

for ethical/legal in the report (Q26) i did sugging and price discrimination e.g. charging more to sell jerseys to private schools than to public. is this valid?

hup

HSC
N/A

for ethical/legal in the report (Q26) i did sugging and price discrimination e.g. charging more to sell jerseys to private schools than to public. is this valid?
yes and markers will also jizz at that beacuse you make good use of stimulus

Phoenix 12

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wanted to make sure of two things, because after speaking to some mates about the business exam i'm a bit iffy:

21 (a) did we have to mention identify need for change, set achievable goals, culture of change with the change model?

(b) shareholders v management wants to pursue ecologcal sustainability. Conflict can be resolved by tying profitability to management to ensure financial objectives of shareholders and environmental objectives of management.

22 (b) cost centeres and pricing policy (did we have to mention a strategy for this)

Essay q27 is focusing more on the case study bad?

ameobi_lovers

HSC
Just wanted to make sure of two things, because after speaking to some mates about the business exam i'm a bit iffy:

21 (a) did we have to mention identify need for change, set achievable goals, culture of change with the change model?

(b) shareholders v management wants to pursue ecologcal sustainability. Conflict can be resolved by tying profitability to management to ensure financial objectives of shareholders and environmental objectives of management.

22 (b) cost centeres and pricing policy (did we have to mention a strategy for this)

Essay q27 is focusing more on the case study bad?

80% of your report should be case study. You wont get above 14 without significantly referring to a case study.

P

PapaOok

Bizooo's was sooo badd dude, i stressed so hard for it, the report was sooooo bad, i choose the second option because it was sooo eaiser.
Michael FitzGerald. x

hup

HSC
N/A
80% of your report should be case study. You wont get above 14 without significantly referring to a case study.
no
you have to answer the question and use case studies to show how the stuff you are talking about is used in real business

Phoenix 12

HSC
Uni Grad
okay good because 80% of the essay was case study, in fact I had two case studies in depth because i was lucky enough to get a good question.

dela_

HSC
N/A
No.. for the trials i had a sentence about 3 different business examples and i got 17/20

Swazz

Jooocy
HSC
For Section4,

You just need to be able to integrate the case study whilst clearly answering the question...the case study provides for analytical discussion and further flow-on implications. Of course, if you just repeated random stuff about your case study without answering the question and linking the two dot points given, then you REALLY won't be getting over 14

Phoenix 12

HSC
Uni Grad
For Section4,

You just need to be able to integrate the case study whilst clearly answering the question...the case study provides for analytical discussion and further flow-on implications. Of course, if you just repeated random stuff about your case study without answering the question and linking the two dot points given, then you REALLY won't be getting over 14
I did Hutchison telecomm and said that their reason for expansion was financial deregulation of the Australian telecommunications market = operational flexibility, which of course is an external source of change as well as the need to increase market share. Internally I said accelerating technology blah blah. For harvey norman i said changing nature of markets for their expansion as well as political influences, cbf going into detail but that was a rough overview for you guys. Hopefully this would be ok? Im only aiming for a 16 as I am confident in the other sections...

Last edited:
R

RichardJackson

was just seeing if you guys could tell me your opinions on the following

1) Was the answer to question 12 of the multiple choice decreased solvency and decreased liquidity
2) For the employment relations section of the short answers, would a financial benefit be characterized as 'realizing and reforming inefficient work practices which improves productivity'
3) For the business report, did the ethical and legal part of the question strictly want us to mention ONE legal and ONE ethical aspect of marketing, or could we of done two legal aspects....i.e implied coniditions and deceptive and misleading advertising? Also, would 'finding cheaper short term sources of overdrafts with cheaper interest rates and more flexiblity' be a way to improve the overdraft position of the business within the business report?
4) For the extended response, if for whatever reason I didn't talk about the changing nature of markets or financial influence (dont ask why, I know how stupid that was) and if I only mentioned 5 of the reasons for expansion (again, dont ask why), but made good reference to case studies and wrote a significant amount on other sources of change/reasons for expansion, would it still be possible to score between 18-20?

Skriker

HSC

was just seeing if you guys could tell me your opinions on the following

1) Was the answer to question 12 of the multiple choice decreased solvency and decreased liquidity
2) For the employment relations section of the short answers, would a financial benefit be characterized as 'realizing and reforming inefficient work practices which improves productivity'
3) For the business report, did the ethical and legal part of the question strictly want us to mention ONE legal and ONE ethical aspect of marketing, or could we of done two legal aspects....i.e implied coniditions and deceptive and misleading advertising? Also, would 'finding cheaper short term sources of overdrafts with cheaper interest rates and more flexiblity' be a way to improve the overdraft position of the business within the business report?
4) For the extended response, if for whatever reason I didn't talk about the changing nature of markets or financial influence (dont ask why, I know how stupid that was) and if I only mentioned 5 of the reasons for expansion (again, dont ask why), but made good reference to case studies and wrote a significant amount on other sources of change/reasons for expansion, would it still be possible to score between 18-20?
thats what I did for the extended response, except I only stated the internal/external reasons for change in the intro and reasons for expansion with a case study on all of the reasons :/

PussyKent

HSC

Hey dudes! I know I'm a bit late, but i thought that Bizo's test was ace!! Did anyone else find that? It suited my Business Report on Qantas soooo well haha.

I really admire each and every one of you for undertaking a course like Bizo's, as the syllabus promotes one of the most demanding set of skills, and there is just soooo much content ;)

Well, its all over now! Let's hope i get into those state rankings everyones yappin' about ;) Can't wait to get my Masters in Business studies next year in Darwin!! (D-wuz). Who's with me??

RemusLupin

HSC
N/A
I miss doing Bizos. Best decision i ever made in my life. Fuck it scales well and it is just all round a good subject. My joot gets so wet to the syllabus. Makes me horny reading over the past test and shit. Can't wait to keep doing bizos all the time in Uni.
GOT EARLY ENTRY FOR BIZOS IN THE UNIVERSITY OF NEVERTIRE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)