General Thoughts - CAFS Exam 2007 (1 Viewer)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
Re: general thoughts

yeah im soooo glad i managed to top the class cos the girl who i was neck and neck with for most of the year said she bombed out on the exam. i hope she didn't but if she did and i was 2nd, man i'd be crying my eyes out right now.
i thought the test was ok, at frist it seemed hard but once i thought about each question and planned it out it made perfect sense and i mananged to go on and on for a bit and then realise i need to move and do another question :p

what pissed me off though was that by the end of the exam only half my class was left *curses cafs for being a "stupid" subject* how the hell can you just get up and leave? Cafs is piss easy, honestly *shakes head in disbelief*

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC

Forky said:
hah i wish i could understand the scaling system.
I do Individuals and Work too but unfortunately I think I wrote too much about the changing work patterns and not enough about social factors and I wrote mostly about gender, damn!

I thought Groups were actually really good questions, I did the aged and youth. But I think parenting was the easiest to be honest.

The average mark for CAFS across the state is 75. So if you can get quite a bit above that, and you're ranked highly in your cohort, you should be relatively fine.

What I understand about scaling is that hard subjects scale up, but subjects like CAFS don't necessarily scale down. It's just that because for each course a certain amount of each bands are allocated (eg. 8% of CAFS doers get a Band 6), it's easier to get a band 6 in CAFS so there are less allocated than with physics for example, where like 15% of people who do it get a band 6.

If that makes any sense. So basically you need to be in the top 350 people in the state who do CAFS to get a band 6? and assessment mark and school ranking help this to happen.

I'm sure you're all as confused as I am
nope there is no definite allocation for any subject, they give out as many band 6s as are deserved each year, so its possible for every single person to get a band 6 - obviously it won't happen, but it's possible. The only reason people get less band 6s in cafs is because all the "smart" people tend to choose another subject, thinking that cafs will lead to a plummeting UAI, though last year only 6% of the state got band 6s in advanced english, so yeah just depends on the paper and the candidature.

also your assessment mark is determined by your rank,
if you're 2nd in your class, then whoever comes 2nd in the externals - you get their mark. so if someone came 2nd with a mark of 90 then that's your "assessment mark" + your own exam mark = your overall mark.

also last year cafs was capped at 44.8/50, ie. if someone got 100 then UAC would come along and say " nope we think that 100 in cafs is only worth 90ish or whatever"
remember that UAC and the BOS are different, the BOS give you an aligned mark that is usually higher than your raw mark
UAC then SCALE things according to their fucked up system

hope that helps :D

Beeno

HSC

ahen said:
also last year cafs was capped at 44.8/50
OMG that is so LOW. omg. OMG. o_O. Although when i tried out 100 for every one of my subjects the UAI is 100. Unlike my friend, where we inputted 100 for every one of his subjects and the UAI was only 99.something. ROFL. That is sad.

I'm 1st in CAFS so I'd really like to believe that "dumb" people won't affect me. At the end of the exam today only like 5/12 people in our class were left == Some of them left 1 hour into the 3 hour exam!! Geez. Might as well drop out after year 10 if you're not going to even try in the HSC.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC

Beeno said:
OMG that is so LOW. omg. OMG. o_O. Although when i tried out 100 for every one of my subjects the UAI is 100. Unlike my friend, where we inputted 100 for every one of his subjects and the UAI was only 99.something. ROFL. That is sad.

I'm 1st in CAFS so I'd really like to believe that "dumb" people won't affect me. At the end of the exam today only like 5/12 people in our class were left == Some of them left 1 hour into the 3 hour exam!! Geez. Might as well drop out after year 10 if you're not going to even try in the HSC.
i freakin agree! I think me and you shall be fine, being first and all :D but yeah there was this one girl who sat there staring at her page for a good half an hour and she turned around and looked at me like there was something wrong with me just because my pen was flying across the page, um excuse me, ITS AN EXAM.
urgh
even if i didn't know what to write i'd just write something anyway, anything remotely related, even something funny, at least it'd give the examiners something to chuckle about and make me feel like i'd achieved SOMETHING

P.S. jared padeleki (sp?) is hotness

morgus

HSC
Well it sounds like everyone else did alright

I had the pleasure of feeling sick through most of the exam and then vomiting in the last hour. Not much fun...

jirwin

HSC
oh no! i feel sick before my exams - nervous and anxiety, but thankfully it goes away 15min into the exam :)

i hope u didnt vomit all over ur exam paper or the person in front of you :( did u put in a misadventure form?

VvVaNjAaA

HSC
i didnt think cafs was TOOOOOOOO bad!

i got the same answers for mutliple choice as every1 else did...hopefully thats right hahaha

a couple of my friends had trouble in parenting and caring..but i didnt think it was terrible?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Beeno

HSC

ahen said:
i freakin agree! I think me and you shall be fine, being first and all :D but yeah there was this one girl who sat there staring at her page for a good half an hour and she turned around and looked at me like there was something wrong with me just because my pen was flying across the page, um excuse me, ITS AN EXAM.
urgh
even if i didn't know what to write i'd just write something anyway, anything remotely related, even something funny, at least it'd give the examiners something to chuckle about and make me feel like i'd achieved SOMETHING

P.S. jared padeleki (sp?) is hotness

And the supervisors said nothing when she turned around? Wow. SAME AS OUR SUPERVIRUS! Haha. They were so lenient one girl got away with cheating in 2 exams!!

OMGGGG. My friend saw her cheating in the English exam and was too scared to say anything. Then another girl saw her cheating in the SOciety & Culture exam and she went to tell the deputy so the supervisors kept a good eye on her on her next exam (Legal Studies) AND CAUGHT HER IN THE ACT! It's a fucking shame which pissed me off bad that she'll probably get away with the other two now since they didn't physically catch her in hte act on those occasions. If only my friend told the deputy after that ENGLISH EXAM!

Our supervisors were people with a sense of humour - thank god.

P.S YES JARED PADALECKI IS HOT!! But I found another hot-as guy - can't be bothered changing my avatar =)

Providence.

Banned
HSC
N/A
I sat in the CAFS exam room and there and the boobs of the CAFS class were the same colour as the exam papers The statement above is unintentional

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)