General Thoughts: Community and Family Studies (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts here

Caitlin7890

HSC
Not sure how right they are, but I had:

1. B
2. C
3. A
4. D
5. C
6. B
7. A
8. C
9. C
10. C
11. B
12. D
13. D
14. B
15. C
16. C
17. D
18. D
19. B
20. B

samantha cramer

HSC
Okays, Mine are:

1. B
2. C
3. A
4. D
5. C
6. B
7. A
8. B (different to yours)
9. C
10. B (different to yours)
11. B
12. D
13. D
14. B
15. C
16. C
17. D
18. D
19. B
20. C (different to your)

So basically, I have 3 different to yours. I think you could be right for 10. I put a column graph but a line graph shows results over time. But Im not sure everyone in my class put column graph B. I am not sure about 8 . . . I thought it could be B because her parents are only support for only BASIC NEEDS . . . therefore her overall health is not supported such as costs for tests etc and cause he parents are always working they are not home to help her out . . . thus, safety and security may not be met. That's how I looked at it. For question 20 I put C as the it states that the rights of parents/carers include: right to be recognised and appreciated for their role as a parent/carer, and have access to additional costs. So i thought C was the best one for rights. However, I was tossing up between C and D, but D lost me when it said can use any form of discipline to control there child. That may mean parents/carers can abuse children and they do have the right to do that. As you some how need to look at the child's rights, which may include; be in a safe environment etc.

alltimeemily371

HSC
I got -
1. B
2. C
3. A
4. D
5. D
6. B
7. A
8. C
9. C
10. B
11. B
12. D
13. D
14. B
15. C
16. C
17. D
18. D
19. B
20. B

alltimeemily371

HSC
Also, I'm fairly confident that these are all right, please comment back if you would like an explanation as to why. :)

Caitlin7890

HSC
Well okay, sounds like I at least got 17 then :)
Anyway, here's my thoughts on them:

5 - The question asks about carers not the cared for, so I went with C.
8 - I'm not sure about this either, I was tossing up between B and C, but went with C because I thought education was most at risk and I didn't see that security and safety was a risk at all, whereas sense of identity could be as, might be judged being a pregnant teen in today's society, can't relate to friends etc. But again, not sure about that one!
10 - I actually drew a quick sketch of both the column and line graphs and thought that the line looked the clearest, and showed the trends between years a lot more clearly.
20 - I wasn't sure about this either, but I thought B was closest to the rights I'd seen in my notes. A - closer to responsibilities, C - I didn't think they were rights, more like community responsibility etc, and D - yeah the discipline made me rule that out.

Overall I thought the test was pretty good though! :)

Last edited:

bash187

HSC
what was question 20 about???

can someone please post the question?

alltimeemily371

HSC
Hey, I not so sure if I agree with 20 being B... and could you please explain 8 to me?
Hey,
As Caitlin has described below also, my text stated that those answers in question 20 B as correct and they seemed most right. I remembered by the acronym 'DEAL'M' which is discipline (to a fair level), education (being able to choose what school their child attends), Adoption (not relevant to the question), legal (not really relevant to the question) and Medical (which was the right to make medical decisions on behalf of the child until they're 14 years of age).

Also, 8 was a very tricky one! I went through this with my teacher and basically, she is at most risk of missing an education, so it can be narrowed down to those two. But as with the differentiation with the sense of identity (the one I picked) and financial support, it is stated that the parents do have full time work and are willing to support her basic needs. Why sense of identity stuck out to me is that in Groups in Context, one of the prioritised needs for Youth (the age the pregnant girl is) is indeed sense of identity. She may feel stuck within the family household raising this child, and question who she is whilst raising this child at an age where 'normal' teenagers would be struggling to do so anyway.

I hope this crazy articulation makes sense haha!

Kate J

HSC
Hey could someone please attach the multiple choice questions? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)