Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your overall exam thoughts here

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad
So I think Q20 was a trick question. I think the answer is D because there are no imports, so in fact the revenue rises.

Also I don't know what the answer to 11 is. I put b.

Altogether a nice paper. I did macroeconomic policy mix and unemployment for the essays.

Examine

same
HSC
I liked the paper, though I screwed up MC lol.

I also answered macro and unemployment

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Did exchange rate and unemployment. Fucked up time-management and only had like 27 minutes for unemployment. Last minute 5 minutes both the pens I had kept screwing on me and i kept having to scribble on paper to revive it. That basically stuffed me as I needed just a few more things for unemployment but didn't have a chance to write. Stupid pens running out. Used spare pencil for conclusion LOL, wonder if they count it still.

HSC
N/A
Forgot to talk more abt nairu for q28 would that be a big deal?:( just mentioned it wtf I was so dumb

Randox

HSC
N/A
Forgot to talk more abt nairu for q28 would that be a big deal?:( just mentioned it wtf I was so dumb
I didn't talk about it. It wasn't an effectiveness qn so it's not that bad. I should have talked about it haha

SharkeyBoy

HSC
So I think Q20 was a trick question. I think the answer is D because there are no imports, so in fact the revenue rises.

Also I don't know what the answer to 11 is. I put b.

Altogether a nice paper. I did macroeconomic policy mix and unemployment for the essays.
ahh crap, you've scared me man. I thought I did OK in mc, now - not so well... :(

I liked my essays though! And the short answers were decent, except for CAD, had a mental blank kinda

hayleyemma96

HSC
I don't think I mentioned it...whoops. I talked about appreciation of dollar (impact on unemployment in tourism industry), GFC (cyclical unemployment causing lower Eco growth + lower productive capacity) then reduction in protection (increase in structural unemployment placing burden of govt due to welfare payments-->opportunity costs)

Hayley :)

HSC
N/A
I'm actually not sure if its important but my fds all did so I'm just scared they even did the graph!

Randox

HSC
N/A
Yeah I also talked about social issues with unemployment to mix things up a bit haha. Talked about cost to government and decreased growth with gfc. Should have probs done impact on inflation. Ran out of time anyway.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
That exam was pretty good!
Loved loved that macro and unemployment question!
I found multiple choice to be difficult though :S

thefiftethgate

HSC
That was the most easy exam I have ever done! the exchange rate question - just beautiful, shorts - amazing, multis - beaut, Q28 alright but relatively easy to answer.

rainlewis

HSC
Here are what I think the answers are for the MC 2013 paper are: (please correct me if you think I am wrong)

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. C
5. A
6. C
7. A
8. A
9. C
10. D
11. A
12. B
13. C
14. B
15. B
16. D
17. B
18. A
19. D
20. D

Last edited:

TurtleyyEpic

HSC
Do u guys reckon its a rather easy paper? Wt would the b6 n state cut off be:3
I'd imagine high 80's, I don't think Economics gets aligned to a mark that's much higher than your raw mark.

I reckon it was a fair test overall; multiple choice and short answer had a few difficult/weird questions and the essays were pretty standard

Last edited:

thefiftethgate

HSC
q3 is C as high GDP per capita doesnt mean greater equality

Here are the answers for the MC 2013 paper are: (please correct me if you think any are wrong)

1. A
2. B
3. B
4. C
5. A
6. C
7. A
8. A
9. C
10. D (However, a bit ambiguous as we are not given any information about the financial account, so could be B)
11. A
12. B
13. C
14. B
15. B
16. D
17. B
18. A
19. A
20. B

hayleyemma96

HSC
Ok I'm sorry but I don't understand how question 20 is D. Isn't a tariff a tax on imports? That would mean that imports exist in the economy simply due to the existence of the tariff right? Therefore, a reduction in tariffs results in a reeducation of revenue as tariffs are revenue based

Hayley :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)