General Thoughts: Engineering Studies (1 Viewer)

dannyfisher2008

HSC
I heard b6 cutoff is usually 78-84 depending on year, but this test was exceedingly hard it seems, id hazard a guess at maybe 76 raw but im a noob at this, thoughts people?

Dsx2

HSC
N/A
So im studying for this test, i figure, should put more emphasis into the older stuff we learnt, cause we just did aeronautics, ill remember it.

80% of the paper was aeronautics fml

SoopaMario1

HSC
N/A
^ so true... wtf most of it was aeronautics.
My teacher is a nice guy really, but he hardly taught us anything.
He told us interesting stories, but 90% of what I learnt I taught myself. (trusses, stresses, moments, shear, casting, testing ect.) and then, most of the stuff I spent ages teaching myself, wasn't even in the test. :(

SoopaMario1

HSC
N/A
how were you supposed to do the bus stopping force question?
I think i did something like calculating its KE, and using that as W, making P=KE/t

How about the stopping distance?

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
how were you supposed to do the bus stopping force question?
I think i did something like calculating its KE, and using that as W, making P=KE/t

How about the stopping distance?
D= S x T ;)

Life4Never

HSC
Then you subtract it from original distance you downer
Sorry to say this but that assumes that the truck moves at 60km/h the whole time. Stopping means decelerating to 0

I believe we got force of brakes above.

Fs= 0.5mv^2
s= 0.5mv^2 /F

answer was around 45ish metres. My memory is a bit dodgey.

Last edited:

Heydosaurus

HSC
Your arrogance is astounding.

Yeah, that definitely seems to ring a bell. I'm glad that I seem to be making a massive improvement over my trial results in terms of mechanics, haha. In the trial, I think that I ended up with something ridiculous like 4/27 marks for mechanics. I thought that it'd be a funny idea to ignore my teacher whilst we learned the mechanics content in class and then not bother to learn it leading up to the trials.

Last edited:

captainplanet7

HSC
N/A
i think i crossed mine out cos 360 seemed to fast. thoguht i mase some huge mistake... fark.

SoopaMario1

HSC
N/A
i think i crossed mine out cos 360 seemed to fast. thoguht i mase some huge mistake... fark.
yeah unrealistic answers are unfair. I did it like 3 times before i was satisfied.

Sorry to say this but that assumes that the truck moves at 60km/h the whole time. Stopping means decelerating to 0

I believe we got force of brakes above.

Fs= 0.5mv^2
s= 0.5mv^2 /F

that rings a bell for me too because i was like, ''its the same as the time from the question above?''

but yeah, that seems to be what i did too, thanks for sharing

Heydosaurus

HSC
That test.. went so badddd. Whats a fair b5 estimate??
This year's consensus amongst BOS, Facebook and my cohort seems to be that it was a pretty hard test compared to previous years. I would say that a band five might be somewhere in the early to mid sixties?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)