General Thoughts: Engineering Studies (1 Viewer)

aspyrakis

HSC
Re: Did poorly in engineering exam

I had no idea about the drawing for the nut, so I just drew a 3D Hexagonal Nut that was not to scale or anything haha
yea same that drawing was soo stupid it didnt give you any orthogonal drawings to work from and it barely gave you any measurements...i just got the measurements from the dimensions of the half-construction of hexagonal nuts (height is 1.8D and width 1.6D) but not sure of thats right....breadth of the bolt was just some random length haha :shoot: :confused2:

Foxbat25

HSC
I did not think that exam was too hard.
Had to do a bit of thinking to get some answers but other then that it was easy.
Expecting a band 6.

aspyrakis

HSC
I did not think that exam was too hard.
Had to do a bit of thinking to get some answers but other then that it was easy.
Expecting a band 6.
that is true most questions made me think, but you cant deny that it wasnt hard...what threw everyone off at my school is that the format was so different to everything we had seen previously and the fact that it was nothing like the specimen paper. But come to think of it, the questions were decent just some questions different [like the graph and the six marker in the last booklet!] Am hoping for a band 5...

vishaal99

HSC
Our teacher never even taught us anything about brushed and brushless DC motors :(

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It sounds like a good exam. Engineering is about being are to think on your feet, not rote memorising previous exams questions answers and expecting them to occur again.

aimpacc

HSC
hahahha im first too in my school...got destroyed by the 6 marker...complete bs, then the stupid nut.....rekon 55ish yea

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
The graph wasn't supposed to fold back onto itself was it :/
hahaha fuck...
#EngoCanSuckMe

Tacoo

HSC
hahahha im first too in my school...got destroyed by the 6 marker...complete bs, then the stupid nut.....rekon 55ish yea
With the 6 marker it was a strain diagram so I just spoke about using the results to calculate the materials elastic limit etc xD I was probably wrong though hahaha

panda22

HSC
I didn't think it was too difficult, finished with about 45 minutes to go. However I had no clue about the work/power question involving the 200 watt electric motor on the bicycle. Did anybody manage to do that one?

Barrellz

HSC
That test was hard! Especially the truss question.. Hopefully physics has a smaller fist to destroy my ass with.

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
That test was hard! Especially the truss question.. Hopefully physics has a smaller fist to destroy my ass with.
The large fist of engineering will make the small fist of physics feel like a tickle.

anthony9864

HSC
Anyone got a copy of the test pls upload it here thanks or you can send it to my email just msg me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)