General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

miss_forgettful

HSC
Anyone else only do two essays...? Although I did do an intro/first paragraph of body for the last one. The question for it sucked anyway, giving us a poem that a lot of us hadn't studied.

miss_forgettful

HSC
module C = This was predictable, but annoying as it usually focuses on either CP or rep., not both, but this question forced you to look at both of them. Also only allowing one text was interesting.
I did TWO related texts anyway because those two texts were supposed to conflict with each other... so I couldn't have one without the other. I can't lose marks for it, can I?

aheyhey

HSC
People are saying the questions for poems and speeches were terrible.
I didn't do those but I'm really curious. What was terrible about them?

I did Hamlet for mod b. The formatting of the question was the last thing I expected. ... Ended up chucking my prepared essay but not entirely, used some paragraphs. But basically, I made an essay up on the spot. Some of my friends concentrated on Fortinbras, but I don't think that was an important part of what the question was actually asking. I talked about how Hamlet was a fighter and the entire world was against him (your usual run-of-the-mill interpretation. I know, boring) so I could relate it to the themes of disillusionment and the issue of revenge vs. justice.

... hehe ... Damnit I'm really hoping for a range B mark.

Bella29987

HSC
Yeats was absolutely horrible. I had done nothing on among school children, it was pretty pathetic. Julius Caesar was pretty good, but still can't get over Yeats, I nearly cried.

juliastegner

HSC
^Speeches/poems were horrible because they SPECIFIED a particular speech and many people probs didnt do the specified speech

S

SafraazK

Did someone do Faith Bandler and Sir William Deane for their speeches? If so can you please send me the essay analysing and comparing the two speeches!
Any help would be appreciated! reply to safraaz1994@hotmail.com
I need help with the research assignment for english, I'm currently in year 12 (just started)!.
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)