General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

themanman

HSC
N/A
Its not asking you to contrast them, its asking you to show how that they contrast by comparing how the themes eg. (morality, egotism, existential questioning) are represented through each composers distinctive contexts.
which is what i said?

they represent these through their DISTINCTIVE contexts by the perspectives/responses they engender with these running themes

read carefully next time

bigbirdbanana

HSC
hamlet = rape. that is all. will be lucky to pass.
how did everyone interpret the fortinbras bit?
Well i looked at the themes of action vs inaction, corruption and mortality, and explored how they were portrayed throughout the play (thus why they were important to the play as a whole) then examined how they continued to be explored in the closing scenes. For the Fortinbras bit i took the simile "Bear Hamlet like a soldier to the stage" and said that it Shakespeare used dramatic irony to reinforce the theme of action versus inaction because Hamlet was asked to act like a soldier, but could do nothing but act (put on an "antic disposition" - relating to "the stage"). Other than that i pretty much ignored the Fortinbras section.

HSC
Uni Grad
Id hate to shatter your dreams but it sounds like u didnt answer the question which might limit u to B range, but in saying that my answer was pretty shit
yeah but by saying what I said it actually answered the question, since you could disagree (ie. to an extent, by saying it doesnt at all means you answered the question), but I didn't utilize the extract given, thus I probs couldve lost marks otherwise

but in saying that I don't think I will get anything higher than a 14 =_=

biglongy

HSC
Re: WORSE PAPER EVER MADE .... Thoughts?

It was a figure of speech, I'm not denigrating the cleanliness of your Vietnamese whorehouse.
You sir, are hilarious. I really hope you failed every question. Im not vietnamese either, just dislike pretentious fools like u

Last edited:

ZachBC_94

HSC
Our school basically did the Hamlet question, word for word for our trial paper. Two redrafts later, and unbeknownst to me I was sitting with a pre-prepared response :awesome:

ZachBC_94

HSC
Quick question though. If you referred to the closing scene, but didn't focus on the extract would you be penalised. It never said to focus on the extract in your response... Just saying

PockyStick

HSC
Jane Eyre question was TRIPPY. And quite random too... Even our English teacher told us afterwards that it threw majority of the people off.
Oh and, St. John Rivers is a douche. XP

bigbirdbanana

HSC
Quick question though. If you referred to the closing scene, but didn't focus on the extract would you be penalised. It never said to focus on the extract in your response... Just saying
Nah i don't think so, it was probably just there in case some people were screwed about remembering the last scenes so they drew upon that. I think it was probably like the Belonging Creative, "you MAY use the stimulus" lololol. But yeah, i only referred to it once and that was cos it related to what i was saying. Not drawing upon it probably shows a greater knowledge of those scenes. Well that's what i think/hope haha :p

Wiz Apprec Soc

HSC

That exam was easier than catching an STI at a Vietnamese whorehouse. The band 6 cutoff will probably be the highest ever. Please stop whining, you delinquents.
Does that imply that you did catch a disease from the whorehouse? Was the cutoff you speak of the metaphorical cutoff of your penis?

In Wiz we trust...

engie_benji

HSC
my general thought is someone shud ring the board and abuse the shit outta them for giving such a stupid question and convince them that a 13 should scale to 17 haha

HSC

yer for hamlet i took the words "royal" and "soldier" out of the speech and examined how they couldnt not be used to characterise hamlet; i argued against the question saying that the closing passages do not represent the fundamental nature of hamlet - he is weak and insecure

pentagon7

HSC
i dont think i did well at all didnt finish any but the hamlet one dont think i did a good job of it though, didnt make enough references to that passage and just wrote a very rushed conclusion at the end ive never done well in english but hoping it doesnt drag down my overall mark by too much

mirakon

nigga
HSC

That exam was easier than catching an STI at a Vietnamese whorehouse. The band 6 cutoff will probably be the highest ever. Please stop whining, you delinquents.
Wow did you really pay for a premium account just to be a dickhead?

nephh22

HSC
Module C was GREAT! Module A was was good. Module B however... the worst f***g question I have ever seen in my life!!! Apart from the specification of a specific speech, just the question itself was HORRIBLE! :mad: However, im guessing Module B will scale quite well. :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Module C was GREAT! Module A was was good. Module B however... the worst f***g question I have ever seen in my life!!! Apart from the specification of a specific speech, just the question itself was HORRIBLE! :mad: However, im guessing Module B will scale quite well. :)
It specified the "closing scenes" not jsut the last speech by Fortinbras.

themanman

HSC
N/A

you think thats bad?

fuck the kid coming first in our grade has just regurgitated last years top students responses

its fuckin unfair

the whole education system is flawed

mirakon

nigga
HSC
the closing scene had to develop your thesis
but the entire text had to be considered as a whole (or scene)
Exactly, you could use quotes throughout the play to indicate how the closing scenes fulfill the themes developed throughout.

For example I discuss how the final scene climactically signals Hamlet's evolution into a figurative "soldier" from his starting point at the beginning of the play as a "scholar". The closing scenes validate this bildungsroman development.

Similarly, the closing scenes also poignantly establish the futility of revenge etc.

there is plenty of opportunity to reference a lot of the play as long as it was central to your thesis of why the closing scenes lend textual integrity to the play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)