General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Iwillget9995

HSC
I just scraped 100/105 for the trial, I'm hoping for around similar this time round :3 Probably won't unless assumed I lost all my marks in paper II and got 45/45 for paper I, OR I only lost 1-2 marks for mod B.
Nice! That might even be a state rank. Hoping for 45/45 from yesterday, and 59 or 60 from today. Do you think a 101/102 (taking worst case scenario) would state rank?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Caesar question was epic, speeches was slightly annoying but luckily i knew Deane (most of my cohort didnt)
read the frankenstein question 10 times and still couldnt figure out exactly what it meant, wrote down 3 booklets of bs hoping it answered the question lol anyone care to explain?
You sort of had to take control of the question. You thought it was hard???
That test was easier than expected. Although obviously still a challenge.

Mod A - FR/BR Changing Perspectives on Recognition. Either you could contrast the two texts used, or you could contrast two characters within each text e.g. Frankenstein/Creature and Tyrell/Roy (or Replicants)
and talk about how the former of each, looked for recognition through progress (science etc.), and the latter through good moral standing etc.

Module B e.g. Hamlet - use the extract, talk about how deliberation by Hamlet is valued etc. Straightfoward, but challenging.

Module C H&M: explained by someone earlier.
You take power to be the fact that history is always written for the purpose of the authorities (whether that be victors or losers), and that memory is equally valid. The two together better preservation of the past events. :)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I only wrote 1 booklet (3 full pages) for mod A (franken runner) because I did it last...fml

4 and bit pages for both yeats (wild swans + among school children) and julius caesar

I feel so sick at how little i did. I wish i wrote faster (but my hand was cramping up so bad >.<)

band 6 dream flying away
We do all the same texts and I feel your pain!

britaker

HSC
Nice! That might even be a state rank. Hoping for 45/45 from yesterday, and 59 or 60 from today. Do you think a 101/102 (taking worst case scenario) would state rank?
I'm not sure. I've never been told by my teachers what mark equates to a state rank, so I've always assumed 105/105 is the only way to get one hahahaha.

I mean surely there'd be enough people capable enough of 105/105 right? Unless they mark harshly? Idk man.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Raw 101/102 is pretty much a definite state rank. That's like a 98+

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
caps

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I SAW DEANE THERE AND WAS LIKE LOL I WANT TO KILL MYSELF AND THE QUESTION WAS HORRIBLE AND I WAS INTERRUPTED BY A DUMB BITCH WHO WAS COMPLAINING I WAS WRITING TOO LOUD SO I ASKED TO GET MOVED AWAY FROM HER WHAT I FUCKING BITCH HOPE SHE DIES SHE MADE ME FORGET MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT AND WILL NOW PROBS GET SHIT

BUT I WAS SEMI-PREPARED FOR DEANE - THE QUESTION WAS SHIT THOUGH

WHY DID THEY SPECIFY HIS SPEECH IT'S AS IF THEY WANT TO KILL EVERYBODY

non-caps

module a was good i was able to come up with something good on the spot

module c was pretty good i was also able to come up with something good on the spot

HAPPY THAT THEY DIDN'T PRESCRIBE TWO RELATED TEXTS HELL YEAH AND DIDN'T ASK US TO WRITE IN OTHER FORMATS (although if it was a feature article I would've had fun coz i can integrate tacky humour).
HAHAHAHHA I could see this coming.

And yes as soon as I saw Deane I was like fuck and accepted the fact that mod b was gonna be screwed.

Thank god a and c were not as bad.

Iwillget9995

HSC
I'm not sure. I've never been told by my teachers what mark equates to a state rank, so I've always assumed 105/105 is the only way to get one hahahaha.

I mean surely there'd be enough people capable enough of 105/105 right? Unless they mark harshly? Idk man.
Noo.... there's been like 2 100%s in the last decade. Usually 101/102+ can state rank.

HSC
I ended up writing 7.5 pages for the Fr/Br (1150 words approx), 7.5 for Conflicting Perspectives (1000 approx), and 6 for the speeches (like probs 920 words)

greengirl01

HSC
I talked about the scene where he watches the guy masturbate as the central scene to the piece. Am I fucked?
Arrgh, I have no idea, we didn't even cover that in class. But it sounds like the right scene..with Claudius or something? Well at least Eng is done forever.

Iwillget9995

HSC
Suddenly my hopes of state ranking have risen slightly. xD
Well, yes. But one of the reasons it's so difficult to is because the HSC marks much more harshly than schools, and it's very subjective, with a wide margin of error before it goes to a third marker. So it's less about being exemplary at English, and more about being lucky on the day, getting good markers, and not screwing up in any one thing. It's a balancing act more than anything :)

britaker

HSC
Well, yes. But one of the reasons it's so difficult to is because the HSC marks much more harshly than schools, and it's very subjective, with a wide margin of error before it goes to a third marker. So it's less about being exemplary at English, and more about being lucky on the day, getting good markers, and not screwing up in any one thing. It's a balancing act more than anything :)
Yeah fair enough. :) My school usually gets about 2 or 3 state rankers for English each year so I'm hoping to be one of the lucky few. I think I'm 2nd now by 1 mark to this other girl who beat me in the trials. =/

Iwillget9995

HSC
Yeah fair enough. :) My school usually gets about 2 or 3 state rankers for English each year so I'm hoping to be one of the lucky few. I think I'm 2nd now by 1 mark to this other girl who beat me in the trials. =/
Oh, then you have a good chance - ignore me. I thought you might have gone to a mediocre school and had an overestimation of your skill. You have a great chance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)