General Thoughts: English Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

Skinneth

Do The Whirlwind.
HSC
Hyperbole much?

20 words per line, with 20 lines on one page = 400 words per page.

400 words x 11 pages = 4,400 words.

4,400 is basically within the range for major work for extension 2.

And within 1 hour that is 1 word per 0.81 seconds.

I really don't think so...

HAHAHA. Oh, you just made my day!

.. besides...20 words per line?! What the hell. Half the good words in extension take half a line to write anyway! e.g. Bildungsroman, postcolonialism..

chaldoking

HSC
How much you have written has become a security blanket for most students. How many times do you hear, "How much did you write?" rather than "What did you write?" straight after an exam. It is a shame really.

alice09

HSC
Re: Extension Exam - How'd it go?

module B essay 4 after the bomb was perfect! hated the stimulus 4 creatove tho, does any one have a copy of the question?

chaldoking

HSC

.. besides...20 words per line?! What the hell. Half the good words in extension take half a line to write anyway! e.g. Bildungsroman, postcolonialism..
That is so true! LOL. 20 words per line... I really do feel sorry for the marker.
They would look quite retarted when people look at them squinting the whole way through a response. haha.

hereyes

HSC
wow my friend does extension and she wrote like 5 booklets for each question...they get kaned if they write any less than two. Maybe its just my school...
man
how is that even PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE?
I cannot comprehend how fast she would have to write.
Maybe they were 2-page booklets?
lmao. just trying to make myself feel better here.

ah well, at least I can bid adieu to Heathcliff and all...:jump:

hereyes

HSC

lol
I think I fill a whole line saying 'Romanticism' -
EPIC WIN. Made sure I scattered THAT throughout my essay :)

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Very happy with Crime Writing, exam was surprising easy :D

I wrote about 20 pages for the essay.
And about 12 pages for the story.
5-6 words per line.

Raihana92

HSC
I thought the exam for Science fiction was very fair,
and i dont think the number of pages you do is THAT much of a factor-its only if youve written too little that it starts to impact your mark-its about what you say, not how many words you say it in.

kdimitrevic

HSC
I do navigating the global...and the questions were unlike anything my teacher had shown us or given us before so at first glnce it was a bit confronting to me, but i managed to get my head around it and writing the essay was okay...depsite the fact i had been vomitting all night and morning and had no energy!!!

x

cole-

HSC
N/A

+1.

wrote 11 pages for creative writing, 18 for the essay, and had time left at the end to proofread.
It was the best exam I've ever sat

Damn straight Michaela.
I was so bloody happy.
Best stimulus.

sunsettah

HSC
Hyperbole much?

20 words per line, with 20 lines on one page = 400 words per page.

400 words x 11 pages = 4,400 words.

4,400 is basically within the range for major work for extension 2.

And within 1 hour that is 1 word per 0.81 seconds.

I really don't think so...

hahahha owned.

I write average. Almost big, I guess. I filled one booklet for the essay, and did 5 pages for my creative. I didn't bother much or study, so I know my marks will be crap.

But 20+ pages is just trying too hard I'd think. Proves you have no idea what you want to say, and are just shooting for everything off the top of your head.

Exam markers I've talked to have all said about English and History subjects, that band 5 answers are longer and bable on, for pages and pages, and that the good band 6 answers for 25 mark questions are done in about 6-10 pages with average sized writing.

5233andy

HSC
Someone before said they used like.. 8 or something ridiculous like that.

I used two. It's better to talk in depth about two than briefly about five.
Eight? Whoever said that must be bluffing...

I did two as well - very happy with the result.

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
hahahha owned.

I write average. Almost big, I guess. I filled one booklet for the essay, and did 5 pages for my creative. I didn't bother much or study, so I know my marks will be crap.

But 20+ pages is just trying too hard I'd think. Proves you have no idea what you want to say, and are just shooting for everything off the top of your head.

Exam markers I've talked to have all said about English and History subjects, that band 5 answers are longer and bable on, for pages and pages, and that the good band 6 answers for 25 mark questions are done in about 6-10 pages with average sized writing.
You have shone the light on the fact it's quality not quantity . . . well in some respects. I have been told 8+ with average handwriting gives access to an upper grade response (21-25). But with the changes to these rules for 2010 onwards I think the emphasis on essay length will decrease . . . hopefully. KUDOS FOR INFORMING EVERYONE :D

HSC

I wrote my creative in 50 minutes which got 25/25 in trials, then took the 10 minuates across and wrote 17.5 pages for my essay...

The supervisor was like wtf....3 booklets. And used to pieces of string.

sparo

HSC
I did module A science fiction....

I loved the essay question... spent 1.5 hours on it...
and well... I didn't have time to finish my creative... and i'm annoyed that I didn't have enough time at least to write the LAST LINE which summed up the whole creative... gahhh

i need to manage my time more effectively in exams :mad1:

protocol1992

HSC
Everyone seems to have done really well...lol and I thought mine was okay but everyone's generally 12+. Essay question was decent and only used one sentence and incorporated it within my creative (LOL) yet did an entirely different theme to the the stimulis
We did Mod B ATB
11pages essay.
8 creative.
but as everyone is saying..... NO MORE ENGLISH EXAMS EVERR!!

six demon bag

HSC
Yeah I used lots of booklets too. Crime fiction - how good was the essay question?! It was pretty much exactly the same as the prac one I was using. I did my essay in about 50 mins - 2 books and my story in about an hour - 2 books, 2 pages. I was lucky I had a little bit of time at the end - it needed editing.

But it's done! Agatha Christie no more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)