General Thoughts: English Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

brarbie95

HSC
Reaaaaally good :) (after the bomb)

Essay question was the exact same as my trial and I got 24 from external and internal marking
Creative was veeeeeeery easy to manipulate

33 pages altogether, large writing 4-5 words a line haha

Hopefully 47 or more!

DeeDazza

HSC
I did Romanticism. The essay was good, I did 6 pages which is great for me! The creative writing was a bit weird though. I did 5 pages of utter bull for that one.

katebeast

HSC
I loved the essay question for crime. soooo many genre theorists to talk about in relation to all texts and and yeah...it was very nice of them. I actually enjoyed writing that essay in comparison to extension ones in the past...I had to double check I was reading the right thing :)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Pretty basic exam.
Found CSSA 2012 trial creative to be more challenging. I got 48/50 for the trials, feels about the same-ish, if not higher.

hscends

HSC
'After the bomb' seems pretty general.

Were questions 5 and 6 for 'after the bomb'? Question 5 for essay and 6 for creative right?

What was the question for the essay?

I didn't take the exam paper. Would appreciate it if someone could post it

SanjoyM

HSC
Genre: While a genre is characterised by texts with common elements, these texts offer diverse perspectives that are significant to an understanding of that genre and its popularity

Texts and Ways of Thinking: Texts in this module are related to a particular historical period, and the diverse perspectives they offer are significant to an understanding of the ways of thinking during that period

Language and Values: While texts in this module all explore ideas about language, they offer diverse perspectives that are significant to an understanding of the connection between language and values

SanjoyM

HSC
Creative :
Compose a piece of original writing that explores .............., where a ticket (Genre), Letter (Texts and ways of thinking), Mirror (Language and values) features as an important element Module A:

Life w: complexity of family life, Crime W: ambiguous nature of unlawful activities, Scifi: possibilities of the unknown

Bomb: limits of control, Romanticism: pursuit of truth, Navglob: consequences of decisions

Textual Dy: importance of rules, Lang and Values: possibilities of performance

:)

Scarlet Tears

HSC
My creative fit exactly with the question, I was so happy because that has always been my weak point so hopefully goes well :) The essay wasn't too bad, I mean it wasn't ideal for me but it wasn't a struggle to make it work. Overall I am just so glad it's over and so happy it went as well as it did!

Chrasity

HSC
You guys who wrote more than 3 booklets for each question are crazy as hell. Like... dafaq?

RavenRum

HSC
N/A
did any of you do science fiction?
Yeah I did. It was easier than I thought..

Btw, anyone else shocked to see "at least two related texts?" I used The Walking Dead as my third one on the spot lol

mctwinkles

HSC
Lang. and Gender here.

I was so surprised at the essay question, it was really quite easy, had a few things to chat about but it was good because it gave us a wide set of things to talk about, you could pretty much talk about anything, so that was good.
The creative was pretty good too, in terms of stimulus. I'm used to stimulus being shizballs but it wasn't, that being said I don't think I talked about the mirror enough, just kind of used it as a means of exploring some other stuff.
For writing booklets I did 4 and 3.

Dabzz

HSC
Can someone please post up the exam if they have it...?? Thanksss

narwailer

HSC
Hi everyone, I just started year twelve and I'm doing Navigating the Global for English Ext 1. I'd be super grateful if anyone could give me a list of related texts? Exams are in two weeks and I've been searching up stuff all day but I can't find anything suitable...
My prescribed text is Lost in Translation and I just need one related text for this exam. Preferably something easy to do >< but any help would be appreciated :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)