General Thoughts: English Paper 1 2006 (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
switchfootfan said:
is anyone else stressing over modules paper
feeling like they are screwed for at least one section.......
like to know im not along
I'm definitely worried about text types other than the essay that they could throw at us in paper 2. I'm expecting at least 1 other text type in this year's paper.

tadros

HSC
i had 3 ideas for a story and not 1 of them fit!!
reading task was hard but i think i takled it alright
essay was easy :bomb:

wrobes

HSC
hey guys :)
i actually didnt do it as i have just started yr 12 now.. BUT i have many friends who have embarked on the hsc exams and overall they said that it was difficult in reading part, the essays was alright and the creative writing they all loved! good luck to everyone with paper 2 on monday :)
cheers
Dean :D

yllem

HSC
i felt that the exam was perfect... from sect 2 onwards. I started on sect 1, got half way through - went to sect 2 and wrote my prepared story which sounds to be very different, it wasnt autobiographical at all and still managed to scrape into the quote. I might have spent a little too much time ont hat section as it was a comfort. There were 3 sirens wiht emergency services that were very distracting. sect 3 was going fine until a funeral procession was going by outside wiht a damn bagpiper... wtf, who does that with a hall of hsc students! hence, i didnt finnish sect 3 or 1 because i was lost in the drunken melody of a bagpipe :( it sucked as i loved the questions and could have used them well.

neva~endn~story

HSC
english paper 1 was alright however my favourite part about the examination was section 3 i wrote 8 pages in 40 mins on skrzynecki and my related text , section 2 was generally okay i wrote 6 pages in 40 mins . but i think that section 1 was not as i expected during the last 2 questions my brain went dead as i did the examination backwards starting from section3 then 2 then 1 i managed to complete section 1 with 5 pages. therefore i wrote 19 pages in my tiny writing (apporx. size 8) all together i think thats a bonus.... gud luck 4 the rest of the HSC and i hope u succeed in anything that u choose to do...

:wave:

Last edited:

JhK89

HSC
farrrk section 1, i was like wtf... y so hard... it took my 40 min iwas trying to finish it in 30 so i could concentrate on the others... but compared to last years i was like wtf... -_-;;

chappo1988

HSC
i totally agree my story was stuffed up too. i think that was way too concince... pooey!

P

pLuvia

webby234 said:
Hope so - I'm probably better at other text types than essay. Except for feature articles I can never think of a good headline. Mine are always so cliched - like even worse than the real newspaper headlines.
Interviews and scripts are ok, but the biggest time wasters. Feature article is pretty annoying, a letter would be fine as well. Hopefully it's just one other text type and the rest are free response like last year.

Sassy2600

HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
I thought this paper was excellent.
Compared to other years it was far easier, and I didn't think section 3 was too bad, because it was fairly easy to adapt the question to.
Section II was good but I don't get why everyone is saying they wrote about old people...all it said was that the voice was like an old man's hands...which I didn't take to mean that the story had to be about old people...I really liked it, this is the only AoS paper I've ever done where I had time to do everything and check back over section 1 at the end. I even finished the creative writing task which I almost never do because I do it last. I was quite proud of my section II...
the question says that his voice was aged and ruined... so one would assume he's old... hence the story had to feature an old man somehow...

Melon4Pumpkin

HSC
I Thought the paper was okay
I wrote more in it than previous ones like trials...
just hoping i get more than my trials for em..
49/100 Grrr Lol

powerbook

HSC
I thought it was good. I dont know how well I went but I enjoyed the paper...

I really liked the section III bit i thought it gave you alot of scope to deal with what you had studied.

I haven't prepared enough to do well in the modules so i am surfing the web for other peoples notes and bartending courses.

much love

nadzi

HSC
Overall i thought it was OK

The short answers i thought where hard bcse they didnt specify to write about techniques..u just had 2 chuck them in........and i didnt like that photographers stimulus.......they where all just odd questions
inner journeys essay...was easy i thought..... wrote ova a booklet and thought it was broad and thankgod no form.........

The creative writing i left till last i had a pre-planned one and it totally didnt fit so by the time i figured out how to make it fit i had 30 min left but still managed to fill a whole booklet.........phew......but why couldnt they hav givven photos and a range of quotes and stuff like last year?

overall it was what i expected........

pirate!

HSC
I thought it was.......ok. Section one got to me a bit - i wasnt that happy with it. the texts and questions annoyed me. I didn't write much for section two, that was wher ei cut time for my essay, probably not that great an idea but *shrugs* oh well, I'll get over it. English is just annoying full stop. Though not as bad as maths. noooooowheeeere near.

aznraverz

HSC
the people who seems to think by goin well in the essay more than others matter the most... lol... well seriously in reality this yrs english was fkn stoopid!!!! lass yrs qn is much generic "how it expanded ur understanding of urself, others & the world" how fkn easy is that?? wats with all the fancy wording this yr... fark u need like 5 mins juss understanding the stoopid qn!! -.-

1339SlappyHours

HSC
That was the worst exam ever. IT was soooo lame, fuking speculation...speculate this *rubs genitals as a sign of dissaproval*. Totally gay.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
aznraverz said:
the people who seems to think by goin well in the essay more than others matter the most... lol... well seriously in reality this yrs english was fkn stoopid!!!! lass yrs qn is much generic "how it expanded ur understanding of urself, others & the world" how fkn easy is that?? wats with all the fancy wording this yr... fark u need like 5 mins juss understanding the stoopid qn!! -.-
lyk omg bruh. no wondah yooh had trouble understanding da stoopid qn!!
chillax.

feusha

HSC
Smavie said:
Slayed. Haha, that opening sentance for the creative writing totally loused up my plan. That sucked. In all the past exams i did, the stimulus material for the creative writing pretty much left it up to the individual to manipulate the story around the stimulus provided.... i had to turn my ultra cool story about space pirates into some boring autobiography about some old geezers life. That kinda sucked.

Apart from that i think i went alright ay... kinda disapointed that there wasn't and individual question based soley on a visual text in section one, but i guess thats the way it goes!
Haha, thats funny - its totally the opposite for me!. The intro for the creative writing was perfect!!
I think also that my story was pretty flexible (I could have easily manipulated my story into something ele; but all-in-all I' pretty happy with what I wrote.

Last edited:

corky89

HSC
i usually hate english but the question in the physcial journey was awesome for me. The creative writing i forgot what the start had to do with it, so i tacked some clique crap on the end. i pity the people who have to read mine

corky89

HSC
i usually hate english but the question in the physcial journey was awesome for me. The creative writing i forgot what the start had to do with it, so i tacked some clique crap on the end. i pity the people who have to read mine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)