General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

talbotross

HSC
overall it was surprisingly not difficult

shame i didnt read section 2 properly though. probably going to lose like 5 marks for not talking about celebration of relationships!
yeah same, and the fact my story was copletely bland and not belonging related

julia21

HSC
i thought it was pretty good , didnt like the q on the poem.. 'why does the speaker say we didnt belong?' or something.. . it was shitty but ohhh well at least its over
creative writing was good did it first got it out of the way
essay was ok think i rambled a bit but the q was pretty good easy to talk about pretty much anything to do with belonging ...
wrote 3, 4, 10
:)

B

Beachgirl91

i thought it was a pretty good paper over all:)
did the essay first..and wrote an hr on it:S lol but was a pretty good essay i think and the creative writing..eh have written better ones but i guess it should be alright and section 1 was good, nothing hard really in it:)
wrote 4 whole booklets and 2 pages of the 5th one..

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
I thought it wasn't a bad paper. Section one was way easier that i thought it would be and my pre written creative story helped heaps.

Section three was also really well suited to my texts which was good. I also finished on time. Well, I had four words to write, but that's actually an achievement for me, so I was pretty happy.

Last edited:

lolliepop2

HSC
I thought it was ok. I was glad to see that we had to only use one related text for the essay plus my story fit perfectly for the question in section two. So overall I was happy with it. Now just stressing over paper two :uhoh:

Just three more to go :jump:

design_k

HSC
Really enjoyed the exam, much easier than the trials. straight forward!:jump:
my whole year came out pretty happy.

design_k

HSC
really happy with this exam, my whole year seemed to be :jump:
Striaght forward and easier than Catholic Trials.

demoncake123

HSC
N/A
I thought the paper was alright as a whole. But I hated how the essay limited you to one related text. From what I heard, the standard guys loved it, but all the advanced guys got screwed. I also reckon that there was a tad bit too much in the reading section. I for one was hard pushed to get it done in the 40 minutes and probably would have got another mark or two if I had another minute or so to work on it.

mfked

HSC
fucked up belonging i think

lols. wrote so much bs

8 for section I
16 for section II
16 for section III

tku336

HSC
Relatively straightfoward I thought. Don't understand why people are complaining about the essay, all it meant was you had to do less work. I actually really liked it because it meant I didn't have to rush my texts.

Daikaio

HSC
Very happy with Section I and III. Didn't finish Section II. Overall, it was a good paper :) I feel better about it than about Paper 2

Vanessa Pastega

HSC
yer it was pretty good, i thought it would b bad because we r the first year doing it but it was fair, prob the best i have done in a english test i wrote so much more than normal but the stimulus 4 the creative confused me i thought it was all one quote til the end then i figured out it was 2 and hopefully fixed it up a bit. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)