General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts, opinions and experiences of the English AOS exam here.

What aspects of the paper did you like and dislike? Did you consider it a fair test of your abilities? How did you find the exam as a whole?

Feel free to start a new thread on any specific aspect of the exam you wish.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Everything was pretty much easy.

Only concern would be the AOS introduction where I may have not answered the question carefully. It was about the emotional and intellectual insights of discoveries.

Last edited:

2016boi

HSC
I enjoyed it. My introduction was a bit weak but that's what you get for starting with the essay and feeling a bit nervous. Everything was pretty easy to adapt.

leehuan

HSC
Post Reserved.
Lol I wonder where the reservation idea came from

Anyway how was it?

I enjoyed it. My introduction was a bit weak but that's what you get for starting with the essay and feeling a bit nervous. Everything was pretty easy to adapt.
Sounds like you did well in general

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
That was a nice exam, nothing crazy. Lets hope paper 2 is the same

FootballHooligan

HSC
I answered everything but didn't finish what I wanted to (i.e. conclusion for creative and 6 marker for SA)

leehuan

HSC
Just saw the paper. Section 1 got a bit spiked I'll say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakulore

HSC
The essay question was amazing, it worked perfectly for what I had prepared for 'The Tempest' and 'Evagelion: 1.0 You are (Not) Alone... A shame I couldn't use Invictus though.

The Stimuli for the Creative Writing did not work in my favour, but I made it work to fit my story... It was taxing though given that my entire story took place on a train.

The Unseen comprehension texts weren't blatantly discovery in my opinion, I also felt that the Poem did not fit the theme of "wonder of discovery" nonetheless, I did what I needed to do to get the marks.

mrstripedshades

HSC
I think my essay went great for my prescribed but The door didn't fit it that well so my thesis was tricky and somewhat long winded.

I'm really uncomfortable with some of the comprehension and hence went overboard wasting a lot of time.

Also I stupidly didn't rip the stimulus and the question booklet because we weren't give n any instructions regarding it. Flicking through that shit must've legit wasted 5 minutes in total.

Creative suffered hacrd because of my time wastage and also was slower than expected for essay. I only had 25 minutes for creative and it didn't fit my text well AT ALL. I had to change a lot but it kind of fit but cut down like a page. I'm expecting max 11-12.

What was the first stimulus picture showing ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)