General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

meDAawesome

HSC
holy fuck those comprehension texts and questions were literally memes

and creative asking about place kinda fucked over my memorised creative

the essay q was amazing but i ran out of time cos of the comprehension

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
I think my essay went great for my prescribed but The door didn't fit it that well so my thesis was tricky and somewhat long winded.

I'm really uncomfortable with some of the comprehension and hence went overboard wasting a lot of time.

Also I stupidly didn't rip the stimulus and the question booklet because we weren't give n any instructions regarding it. Flicking through that shit must've legit wasted 5 minutes in total.

Creative suffered hacrd because of my time wastage and also was slower than expected for essay. I only had 25 minutes for creative and it didn't fit my text well AT ALL. I had to change a lot but it kind of fit but cut down like a page. I'm expecting max 11-12.

What was the first stimulus picture showing ?
Most of this was me. I did the door too. I kind bullshitted my way through and said that it was so boundless that it can involve intellectual and emotional.

Since I winged my creative I loved the creative stimulus's [emoji14]

chiefpasco

HSC
Lol. my school started like 40 minutes early, the examiners changed the clock back to set it as 10.25, a analog clock 30cm in diametre for the entire exam hall. students who were using their watches to time themselves were thrown off a cliff and many did not finish thinking they had more time.

school says they're looking into it haha.

section 1 was easy
section 2 saved this for last. stimulas was a curve ball. didnt finish lol
section 3 was good.

Spencer1

HSC
Lets hope the modules paper is a breeze which i highly doubt

braeleymaunder

HSC
Section one was shit 10/15
Section two was a breeze, best stimulus I've ever seen 13/15
Section three was okay but my prescribed suffered as I wasn't ready for the emotional/intellectual part for my prescribed. Related text aced that though. 10/15

mrstripedshades

HSC
Most of this was me. I did the door too. I kind bullshitted my way through and said that it was so boundless that it can involve intellectual and emotional.

Since I winged my creative I loved the creative stimulus's [emoji14]
Yea, I think the guy thats #1 in english would've done good though because hes a fast writer, didn't really get a chance to talk to him. If I wrote fast enough I think it was fine, but im not really sure what was even in the picture I used! what the fuck were the seats looking at? thats the most retarded locale I've ever seen and it was the only one I could think of somewhat literally being present in somewhat of my creative.

For the Door I hope my argument wasnt too wordy. But basically I said as Holub portrays discovery to always have some ramifications/transform individuals in some way etc. it hence indicates that through discovery emotional and intellectual development can be achieved (not exact words I cant remember lmao because this sentence makes 0 sense that was just my argument). Also the unknown evokes emotions or some shit like that.

Ya I did bullshit but I think the argument somewhat works. It all depends on the marker I guess, because even though I think my creative was decent it pales to my prescribed. Many people I know however had way shorter ORT like 30% of the essay or even worse in their AOS essay and did fine, even I did in my CSSA trial (got 14/15).

I will be shocked if i get anything below 35/36 (not that I can tell) so I think my mark wont be effected TOO badly and maybe I can still get a low band 6. will just have to do good in modules (hopefully not weird/curveballs like this paper)

baktiar77

HSC
Lol, got rekt by paper 1. I was kinda relying on it to pull up my paper 2. Had a prepared creative which I had to change from me lost at sea to lost in desert, with all my sailing/water/waves imagery becoming negligent. Essay was mixed bag, I felt my related para was weak. And then you had s1, which I didn't finish and pretty sure misintrepted the text 4 butterfly story (i thought it showed persona's interest in natural world due to butterflies lel) and had zero idea of kid in museum and whale.

excellence1

HSC
Section 1 was quite challenging. I felt like it was quite unclear too, but still tried to answer to the best of my abilities. Creative a but annoyed abouty my ending, didnt clearly show place. Hope everything turns out well :) Good luck for tomorrow

sourmilk

HSC
Honestly I think I was blessed enough to be extremely lucky for the creative and the essay, especially since my creative was about a man alternating from different places and being alone most of the time so it fit in the stimuli. The essay question was easier than I expected, and manage to interweave it well with my prescribed GBTWYCF and my related 'Flowers for Algernon'

However unseen was a fucking tragedy lol. I couldn't extrapolate many techniques and wasted time revising over visual techniques. Never the less I tried my best to scrape marks.

I manage to finish every section exactly 40 minutes and didn't go over :')

sourmilk

HSC
Lol, got rekt by paper 1. I was kinda relying on it to pull up my paper 2. Had a prepared creative which I had to change from me lost at sea to lost in desert, with all my sailing/water/waves imagery becoming negligent. Essay was mixed bag, I felt my related para was weak. And then you had s1, which I didn't finish and pretty sure misintrepted the text 4 butterfly story (i thought it showed persona's interest in natural world due to butterflies lel) and had zero idea of kid in museum and whale.
What's your story about bc one prompts had a boat

Spoderman19

HSC
Crap... I didn't put my prescribed text in the box for the essay, wth is gonna happen now?

SudhiTheBoat

HSC
Crap... I didn't put my prescribed text in the box for the essay, wth is gonna happen now?
They'll probably expect it and pick up on it when you introduce the texts in your introduction.

Did you all give your short story a title?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)