General Thoughts: English Standard Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
it was good... every modules of mine went well... besides module C for rita... but still managed 8 pages... 9 for briar rose (best q) image was 8 too.. i'm happi. good exam. i was smiling and laughing so much for the essay questions... can't explain the feeling woot

abhi_89

abhi_007
HSC
zedzed said:
dude.. not to be pessimistic but you missed out on a whole section - that's 20% down the drain. that means the maximum mark you can get now is a little over 80%. do YOU think you've scored almost full marks in your other sections and also paper 1? i don't know, perhaps you have.

dude i dont know if u realised but missing out one whole essay equates to 33.3% as opposed to the 20% ur on about...

so sorry for the person who left it out the max u can get is 67% ( considering u get 20/20 for both ur essays)

becci13

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
i thought the Briar Rose question was SOOOOOOO easy...but my other questions sucked :( mostly coz i didnt understand them..

yeh the Briar Rose question was soooooo easy!!!!!!! i also did image - Truman show which was easy as well and i think i smashed that question to the ground 'hope4ly' fingers crossed. and with last last one i did 'Into The World' - Educating Rita. i don't think i really got to the point but i still tried to get everythink i could into it.

bingo

HSC
i thought that this paper was quite easy- i finished it 15mins early and managed to write about 6-7 pages for each module. the witness question was very straight forward and the institutions one just required you to know some simple definitions that basically any essay could be bullsh''ted around. i did my dialogue one first as that was the one with the most quotes to remember and i thought it was ok but could be more or less easily worked around. apart from the fact that they were all essays i was also really glad that they didnt say 'focus' on the prescribed text, as they did in previous papers, meaning that all i had to do was refer and then crap on about my own texts. the only thing that im worried about is the fact that even though im first in standard, the 2 people below either didnt finish or said they did crap, meaning that theres almost no one to rely on so... crap!

mooskey56

HSC
i thought the questions were heaps general, but at the same time they werent like anything we'd talked about in class. i didnt mind the wilfred owen question coz all his techniques explain it. forget the question... typical me. just in one of my questions i only needed like another page or two so i wrote on the non ruled pages n didnt read the instructions until id finished so hmm yes, hopefully theyll still count all that stuff or else that essay is gona be making as much sense as having a blind person saying 'i see' to his deaf wife. im sorry about that analogy

berra

HSC
Trebla said:
*intruder alert* *intruder alert* *intruder alert*
This isn't the English Advanced forum. You love English, learn to read the title of the forum carefully....
You can cry with everyone else in the other forum, who apparently share your feelings about the exam......:D
*Face gets red*
i'll jst show myself the way out then
ehe

e=mc2

HSC
No "talk to a audience" questions.
No ''write a letter'' questions.

It was too straightforward.

How come paper 1 was so much harder?

e=mc2

HSC
how can people write 25+ pages in 3 40 minute sections.

mattyh.180sx

HSC
i didn't even get enough time 4 section 3, i just finished writin bout RAW den i moved on to my related text and i did half of it but i said most of tha important parts. if i like finished tha last paragraph i woulda been orite, do u lose alot of marks 4 not completing dat essay????

zedzed

HSC
abhi_89 said:
dude i dont know if u realised but missing out one whole essay equates to 33.3% as opposed to the 20% ur on about...

so sorry for the person who left it out the max u can get is 67% ( considering u get 20/20 for both ur essays)
gee i hope you don't do maths.

nadzi

HSC
i came out of that exam really happy i dnt knw if that was becuase i did well or bcse theres No More english eva again woohooo,

But yeah i thought they where all really general and thankgod no transcripts, or speeches or any forms......phew.....

i thought module CInstitution and Individual experience; Raw was a little odd though bcse it was protest and compliance by society not the individual...anyway Owen and Strictly ballroom where dead easy........

All up i wrote 30 pages.....Bit ova a booklet for each..and my writings not big.and great timing.really ...........my hand was pretty much dead at the end..i hav neva written so much ........and i had D&T straight after it....

Good luck with rest of exams.........

Insteadof writtin this i really should be studying for Business studies...NNNNNnnnnnnoooooooo

Last edited:

maplebubbles06

HSC
It was really good...... I was prepared to tailor my plans to the question plus they were like straight forward!! :D i hope to get a good result :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)