General Thoughts - English Standard Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

cyncyn2007

HSC
it was an easy paper, except i didn't really understand the strictly ballroom question with the 'human experiences' ... lol not too sure i answered the question, but blabbed.

I really liked the other two, it was very simple and esasy to link to my generic essays... only if i studied harder ><" now for business............................... =\

aerial_cowboy

HSC
didnt like the truman question however in the "close study of text" sectoion i ripped it up with Wilfred Owen and the speech qu was awesome pretty happy all up

HSC
Butterfly23 - what the hell, if you're doing your HSC in 2008, why did you do the 2007 paper?

Anyway, I found the paper pretty easy.

Module A => 7.5 pages
Module B => 6 pages (very high quality)
Module C => 7 pages

I think I did well on all the stuff, was pretty happy, finished with one minute to spare as I always do.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Hamil said:
Great exam and most importanly of all, NO MORE ENGLISH EVER AGAIN!

Thank goodness the stipulation was only a speech, glad it wasn't a feature article. All of the questions were great too.

Truman - around 7 pages
We All Fall Down - 6 and a half pages
Educating Rita - around 7 pages

EDIT: this is beege posting
Written the same amount probably

2006 - Experience Through Language: Telling Stories - EASIER
2007 - Experience Through Language: Telling Stories - HARDER
5, 6 or 7 pages approx.

2006 - Close Study Of Texts: Witness - EASIER
2007 - Close Study Of Texts: Witness - HARDER
5, 6 or 7 pages approx.

2006 - Texts and Society: Ways of Living - HARDER
2007 - Texts and Society: Ways of Living - EASIER
6 or 7 pages approx.
(Only had three lines left to write then pens down :()

Damn the trend.

Crizzy said:
yeah..it was pretty fair. Though it was kinda annoyed at the speech because i was hoping them to be all essays.

YEY SO HAPPY NO MORE ENGLISH!!!
I hoped for more than a speech :).

Butterfly23 said:
I think that we had the best Standard English exam over the years, like generally. The questions were awesome, they were so simple. Although Section 1 in Paper 1 kinda threw me off a bit but apart from that I really like these papers.
My Modules were:
Bruce Dawe- Poetry
Witness by Peter Weir- Film
Raw by Scott Monk- Institutions and the Individual experience.

I'm so glad that there was a speech there somewhere and I kind of had a feeling we'd have to do a speech for that. I chose to do the speech last because I was kind of scared that'd run out of time and I did. I only had 15 minutes to do the speech but it was OK I wrote 4 1/2 pages and I knew my stuff, but I would have liked to have structured my essays a little more than I did.
When the exam was over I kept saying "I think I have RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury). LMAO but its OVER NOW!! NO MORE MODULES NO MORE JOURNEYS!!!
MY LAST EXAM IS ON THE 1ST OF NOVEMBER SO WOOHOO
HAHA
MY SUBJECTS ARE:
ENGLISH STANDARD
BUSINESS STUDIES
GENERAL MATHS
SOCIETY AND CULTURE
ANCIENT HISTORY

SORRY ABOUT THE LONG POST.
GOOD LUCK FELLOW '07-ERS.
Well I'm glad someone agrees with me !

hjudge05

HSC
That was the best exam i had ever seen!
all my practice essays etc. fitted perfectly into the question - and i had them checked by the advice line people heaps of times (hehe - so good) who for each section that i would be looking for at least high band 5 and one of them was what would be considered an exemplar answer.

so i just hope that it all works out....

HSC
I'm happy english is over but i thought it was really good. i'm not a very good essay writer but i managed quite a few pages more than normal so i' retty happy, hopefully the markers will like it lol.

Last edited:

susan1989

HSC
Oh man! Everyone seems to have done so well compared to me!! I couldn't finished the paper. I only did section I and section III. I skipped section II cause i didn't revised at all! :C

margarita159

HSC
you all write down the amount of pages you do, like its some big thing

its quality not quantity, besides who knows whether your telling the truth, im not a hater but come on... who are u tryn to convince, its porbably in really massive handwriting and isnt even relevant or making sense.

Foeks

HSC
too hard to know how well we did really. u wrote what u thought was right and its either spot on or way off. since i didnt read raw im probably screwed

tastelikespoon!

HSC
modules was definatly easyer then AOS.

and it seems like im the only1 that did
Dialogue- the club
Close study of Text- we all fall down (the best book ever, u shuld read it... its awesome)
In to the world- simple Gift (we did a speech for our assessments as well so dat fitted in heaps gud)

over all i thought it was a pretty gud paper and happy with what ive done.

no complaints

:)

stewbacca

HSC
the dialogue question in no way related to the club and the issues behind it. witness very easy and raw was again strange as raw related to the first option and my related texts used the secind option.
overall:confused: :confused: :confused: !

gmooh

Liberated
HSC
tastelikespoon! said:
modules was definatly easyer then AOS.

and it seems like im the only1 that did
Dialogue- the club
Close study of Text- we all fall down (the best book ever, u shuld read it... its awesome)
In to the world- simple Gift (we did a speech for our assessments as well so dat fitted in heaps gud)

over all i thought it was a pretty gud paper and happy with what ive done.

no complaints

:)
Agreed. Fair paper I thought. Not too hard but not too easy.

Loved The Club. Would definitely read again. Briar Rose was a long, pretentious w**k. People who did one of the other two should be pleased they did.

Komninos was very interesting. I'm going to leave it at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)