General Thoughts: ESL Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you find Paper 1? Share your thoughts on the exam here.

kusokc

HSC
well, section 1 was easy and straight forward compared to the trial. But i don't really like the 8 marks question that ask for your own experience of belonging ..since i am always a mystery , dont' really wanna to share my shit to the examiners.. i seriously want to write a big question mark across all the lines. :(

KokoNut

HSC
the essay question was pretty general...
the 8 marks question was funny, i wrote my sense of belonging to an imaginery person...XD
anyway it's finished.no more belonging.> <

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC
the essay question was pretty general...
the 8 marks question was funny, i wrote my sense of belonging to an imaginery person...XD
anyway it's finished.no more belonging.> <
essay was pretty easy. but the 8 mark question was like wtf? i wrote about my community! CRIMES FTW! >.<"! lol

suckierocks

HSC
How'd you find Paper 1? Share your thoughts on the exam here.

not dat hard.. my teacher did predict the question rite ...

but then i only wrote 6 pages with 2 themes .. dunno will i b fine ...

the unseens r easy ... hope i did as well as trials

the 8 marks.. i wrote sth like i reali love aus n i feel belong .. also the reconciliation values.. i try to link to 2 texts

imbored2009

HSC
it was ok .... the 8 mark question made me crazy cause i related it to my love toward australia

about the section II
it was a general question and i just located some of question words in my essay

Nina Z

HSC
It was ok......not as hard as i expected, hope the listening part be easy.

jhanz12

Hand.Some™
HSC
Section I was pretty aiight..
the 8 marks.. i talk about of me bein an immigrant and how did i find a sense of belonging to my school.. rofl..

Section II.. i was lucky that i prepared a reponse about relationship.. but ddnt hav much time to write all those bulls***.. so cut my essay.. :( definitely not a full mark anymore.. :mad:

KokoNut

HSC
Section I was pretty aiight..
the 8 marks.. i talk about of me bein an immigrant and how did i find a sense of belonging to my school.. rofl..

Section II.. i was lucky that i prepared a reponse about relationship.. but ddnt hav much time to write all those bulls***.. so cut my essay.. :( definitely not a full mark anymore.. :mad:
ohh....i never expected i can write a full mark essay

but how hard is it to get a full mark essay in the hsc?

jhanz12

Hand.Some™
HSC
ohh....i never expected i can write a full mark essay

but how hard is it to get a full mark essay in the hsc?
em guessin if u follow wats on the expected outcome.. theres a chance u can get a full mark.. ;)

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
em guessin if u follow wats on the expected outcome.. theres a chance u can get a full mark.. ;)
Would you happen to know how many percentages of people might get full marks in extended responses?

jhanz12

Hand.Some™
HSC
Would you happen to know how many percentages of people might get full marks in extended responses?
i dunno.. but em thinkin theres only few.. 0.0001%?? ahahaha.. but i reckon HSC markers wont give a full mark.. :(

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
i dunno.. but em thinkin theres only few.. 0.0001%?? ahahaha.. but i reckon HSC markers wont give a full mark.. :(
My teacher always says &quot;there is no such thing as a perfect essay&quot; and never awards a full mark.
So you are prob right.

vpa2891

HSC
My teacher said markers would give full mark for 1% for extended responses. So abt 20 people would get full mark. omg, i'm getting more and more nervous

Last edited:

mr_wrx9

HSC
i did really good i think i will get 98+ in english ESL i did 16pages for section 2 i didnt evn have tym to go tOilet HAHAHAHAH.....
BTW hOw long u guys been in Australia??

mr_wrx9

HSC
My teacher said markers would give full mark for 10% or extended responses. So abt 20 people would get full mark. omg, i'm getting more and more nervous
Mate there is no such thing as % it depends hOw well ur extended response was the person from board of studies came to our school and told us all about it

vpa2891

HSC
i did really good i think i will get 98+ in english ESL i did 16pages for section 2 i didnt evn have tym to go tOilet HAHAHAHAH.....
BTW hOw long u guys been in Australia??

How could u write 16 pages and do the comprehension in just 90 mins....shocking...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)