General Thoughts: ESL Paper 2 and listening (1 Viewer)

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC
any thoughts about paper 2 and listening. btw how fast can they speaks in the listening one?? 90% of the students was like 0-o!

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Re: English ESL paper 2 and listening

any thoughts about paper 2 and listening. btw how fast can they speaks in the listening one?? 90% of the students was like 0-o!
LOL that's the normal pace I talk at.

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC

LOL that's the normal pace I talk at.
and your doing ESL??? ==" the questions was alright apart from the 4 marks question. cant think of anything to write about that stupid radio lady.

jhanz12

Hand.Some™
HSC

generally.. its easy.. when i read the question.. it was a relief instantly!! it ddnt asked for related text for module A.. :)

but the listening task.. when i first hear it.. its like.. wtf?? i ddnt understand one word of it.. it echoed!! and like whoaw!! the presenter talked fast.. i couldnt catch up.. but in the end.. i answered all the question.. i just hope i heard it properly.. lol..

kusokc

HSC

..when i read the paper 2 i was like wtf.. they didn't ask for my related text .. It was a joke man... i prepared so much for my related text and didn't get to use it... damn it.. the living in the community part was alright , quite similar to the trial. I found the listening was so damn much easier then my trial.. The question is very straightforward... overall , it was a fair exam.. :(

jhanz12

Hand.Some™
HSC

..when i read the paper 2 i was like wtf.. they didn't ask for my related text .. It was a joke man... i prepared so much for my related text and didn't get to use it... damn it.. the living in the community part was alright , quite similar to the trial. I found the listening was so damn much easier then my trial.. The question is very straightforward... overall , it was a fair exam.. :(
ahahhahahah.. yeah.. i was happy they ddnt asked for it.. veryy happyy indeed!! :D cause i ddnt find a proper related txt.. em gonna bullshit my related text again like in my trial.. rofl..

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC

same here. i prepared so much related text. i full linked to every section of my prescribed text. but end up useless. )= and yeah listening was wayyyyyyyyyyyy easier than trials. the only problem was the pace. i have to like put my head toward so i will be able to understand. btw what did u guys chose for multiple choice question? i chose [C] the excited .

study-freak

Bored of
HSC

Gosh, if they asked for a related text, it would have been a heaven for me.Disappointed that they didn't.
And listening. What was the real difficulty? Weren't past HSC questions similar or harder?

jhanz12

Hand.Some™
HSC

OMG!! so em i the only whos happy that they ddnt asked for related text?? yeah.. i did prepare for it.. but only 1 paragraph..

yeah.. i chose [C] as well.. Hi-5!! :spin:

btw... wat did u write about the psychologist sumfin??

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC

OMG!! so em i the only whos happy that they ddnt asked for related text?? yeah.. i did prepare for it.. but only 1 paragraph..

yeah.. i chose [C] as well.. Hi-5!! :spin:

btw... wat did u write about the psychologist sumfin??
yah!! HI5!! most people picked [A] i was like 0-o!!! btw i wrote physical symptoms like shakiness and thoughts. i dont know if its write or wrong. >.

jhanz12

Hand.Some™
HSC

yah!! HI5!! most people picked [A] i was like 0-o!!! btw i wrote physical symptoms like shakiness and thoughts. i dont know if its write or wrong. >.
yayy!! HI5 again!! rofll.. thats wat i wrote as well.. ahahahaha.. yeah.. i chose [C] cause she said she cant stop smiling.. well.. if u cant stop smilin that means ur excited.. isnt??

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC

yayy!! HI5 again!! rofll.. thats wat i wrote as well.. ahahahaha.. yeah.. i chose [C] cause she said she cant stop smiling.. well.. if u cant stop smilin that means ur excited.. isnt??
yeah! she used lots of pauses. shes like dont know how else to say it. so yeah. like she got all excited and then like dont know wat to says. and yeah i assume its [c] and btw how many of those processes steps did u wrote down? question 4 i think.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC

Not only that but it's to do with her tone of voice.
Edit: as True2azn said
And for the psychologist one, you need to have emotional responses as well as physical ones.

Last edited:

jhanz12

Hand.Some™
HSC

yeah! she used lots of pauses. shes like dont know how else to say it. so yeah. like she got all excited and then like dont know wat to says. and yeah i assume its [c] and btw how many of those processes steps did u wrote down? question 4 i think.
i wrote:
1. talked bout spider
2. look at dead spider??
3. look at live spider
4. touch dead spider
5. touch live spider...

i dunno if its right though.. hope it is.. :| so wat did u write??

jhanz12

Hand.Some™
HSC

Not only that but it's to do with her tone of voice.
Edit: as True2azn said
And for the psychologist one, you need to have emotional responses as well as physical ones.
oh yeah!! good point!! lol..

umm.. wat bout the last question.. about Cinnamon.. wat did u write?? cause thats the only problem i got from the listening paper... rofl...

study-freak

Bored of
HSC

oh yeah!! good point!! lol..

umm.. wat bout the last question.. about Cinnamon.. wat did u write?? cause thats the only problem i got from the listening paper... rofl...
I want to be careful about writing here.I wonder if anyone hasn't done it due to special reasons yet.
Do you think there will be people who hasn't done the exam visiting this website?

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC

i wrote:
1. talked bout spider
2. look at dead spider??
3. look at live spider
4. touch dead spider
5. touch live spider...

i dunno if its right though.. hope it is.. :| so wat did u write??
i think u skipped the one holding container with spiders in it. oh well i think its good enough already.
i wrote pretty much same as u but just 1 extra step.

Last edited:

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC

I want to be careful about writing here.I wonder if anyone hasn't done it due to special reasons yet.
Do you think there will be people who hasn't done the exam visiting this website?
fore sure they will not get a chance to do it.
once u miss the exam its either u get a 0 or if u have doctor cerd, they will use ur trials and assessments marks. so yeah dont worry.
HSC exams is important. once u miss it ur GG.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC

fore sure they will not get a chance to do it.
once u miss the exam its either u get a 0 or if u have doctor cerd, they will use ur trials and assessments marks. so yeah dont worry.
HSC exams is important. once u miss it ur GG.
Hmm, I doubt this.It will be terrible if they actually use people's assessment marks. What if a school makes really easy assessments, giving 97?

jhanz12

Hand.Some™
HSC

Hmm, I doubt this.It will be terrible if they actually use people's assessment marks. What if a school makes really easy assessments, giving 97?
yeah.. unfortunately.. thats how it goes.. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)