General Thoughts: Financial Services (1 Viewer)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
So what'd you guys think of the exam ?

I thought it was pretty good :3 ,still not liking all the subjective answers, so I'm not 100% how my answers will be marked.

View attachment Financial Services, Multi-Choice and Section 3-4.pdf

Obiviously couldn't keep short answers. But from memory they were

Q16
A worker got injured by falling, Give two Work Health and Safety procedures

B.Something about skills in the workplace (give me a heads up)

C. What are the benefits of cultural diversity in the workplace

Q17
I think it was sustainability, A was Why should workplaces follow sustainable practices (or such)
B was how does/can technology help in implementing(or such) sustainable practices in the workplace
C was distinguish between rights and obligations of a worker (or was this 18)

Q 18 GST question and Cash receipts journal. Oh and security question(two measures) on banking receipts

Q 19 Petty Cash (?)

Q20 ...completely forgot

Q 21 forgot as well, haha.

Last edited:

aldo8118

HSC
I thought it was pretty good as well... the long response in question 22 gave you lots to work with... The accounting stream was good as well... i don't know how I'd go on c but it was pretty basic so hopefully ok!

The rights & obligations one was a bit confusing but I just made it up & I hopefully it's right :)

Chronost

HSC
Multi-Choice

1. A
2. B (I put A for some reason, omfg, what an easy mark lost)
3.C
4.C
5.D
6.A
7.D
8.C
9.C ( Read as consultant Ommmmmg and i put A)
10.B
11.C
12.A
13.C
14.B
15.D

GG 13/15 for multi no more state rank...sigh.

Rangi

HSC
Yeah it was OK! i found that 15mark question Hard, i didn't know what to write...
snap, how do u remember what u put for each question...
anyway finished Financial services 4eva...
Hey Chronost where are you from??? what school do you go to???
hey aldo8118: what r u doing now?? having a lazy one??? i am...cu..:wink:
:wavey:

aldo8118

HSC
my multiple choice answers:

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. C
5. D
6. A
7. D
8. C
9. C
10. C
11. C
12. A
13. D
14. B
15. A

Shoot, Chronost, I've got a few different ones to you! Wasn't 16 B the one about effective team work skills? i can't really remember them either!

Yeh, Rangi, I'm just mucking around! trying to get round to studying for maths but i keep on thinking i've still got all weekend & monday as well! i've done basically zilch study for senior science... i don't even understand most of the stuff in it...

c u l8er :)

Chronost

HSC
Yeah it was OK! i found that 15mark question Hard, i didn't know what to write...
snap, how do u remember what u put for each question...
anyway finished Financial services 4eva...
Hey Chronost where are you from??? what school do you go to???
hey aldo8118: what r u doing now?? having a lazy one??? i am...cu..:wink:
:wavey:
Haha I'm from Chatswood, and I go to the local High School (Chatswood).

my multiple choice answers:

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. C
5. D
6. A
7. D
8. C
9. C
10. C
11. C
12. A
13. D
14. B
15. A

Shoot, Chronost, I've got a few different ones to you! Wasn't 16 B the one about effective team work skills? i can't really remember them either!

Yeh, Rangi, I'm just mucking around! trying to get round to studying for maths but i keep on thinking i've still got all weekend & monday as well! i've done basically zilch study for senior science... i don't even understand most of the stuff in it...

c u l8er :)
Hey aldo I'll tell you the mistakes you made on your multi. For question 10, the vehicle was purchased on October 1 2012 thus until June 2013 It was only 9 months and NOT the full 12 months, therefore 3/4 of 5000 is 3750. For question 13 your answer refers to discrimination, whilst C runs by the definition of conflict of interest which is divided loyalty, that is to approve loans for his family benefit instead of company benefit. For question 15 not sure how you got A, but remember profit is income-expenses thus, the income would need to be more then 375 alone to cover the $3000 fixed cost expense( not to mention variable costs).

Pretty good in general.

Looking back i've made a few stupid errors as well...oh well nothing I can do about it.

Hardly any proper accounting stuff!? Like closing journals & all that........thats what I studied for! Didn't study anything about team work and OHS so I made a lot up.
Definitely!! The trial paper by BOS seemed alot more inclined to accounting, this paper was more wordy, and quite annoying to be honest (luckily alot stuff can be made on the spot

aldo8118

HSC
Hey aldo I'll tell you the mistakes you made on your multi. For question 10, the vehicle was purchased on October 1 2012 thus until June 2013 It was only 9 months and NOT the full 12 months, therefore 3/4 of 5000 is 3750. For question 13 your answer refers to discrimination, whilst C runs by the definition of conflict of interest which is divided loyalty, that is to approve loans for his family benefit instead of company benefit. For question 15 not sure how you got A, but remember profit is income-expenses thus, the income would need to be more then 375 alone to cover the $3000 fixed cost expense( not to mention variable costs).
oh, well, u can't win them all!! :)

i totally missed that bit on q. 10 about the 9 months... i kind of rushed thru the multiple choice coz i knew there was still heaps more to do but at the end i still had 5 mins so i went thru & checked everything but still missed that one 2nd time round!

I noticed the bit about conflict of interest in the syllabus & i had never even heard of it so i looked it up but in the exam i couldn't actually remember what it meant & all of those seemed like they could be conflicts of interest so i just took pot luck!

q. 15 i couldn't remember how to calculate it even tho i just looked at it last night...

hopefully i did better on the rest of the paper!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)