General Thoughts: Food Technology (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your overall thoughts here

Memento-mori

HSC
Like all food technology exams, it could have been 2.5 hours. The multiple choice section was difficult, urgh stupid fermination question, but it was pretty straight forward. Alot of questions about our own research tasks, assignments and products, etc. I'm just happy that I never have to do that stupid subject again.

DefiningTheta

HSC
Uni Grad
Like all food technology exams, it could have been 2.5 hours. The multiple choice section was difficult, urgh stupid fermination question, but it was pretty straight forward. Alot of questions about our own research tasks, assignments and products, etc. I'm just happy that I never have to do that stupid subject again.
Then why did u choose it?

Memento-mori

HSC
Then why did u choose it?
Because I did enjoy year 9 food technology. We had awesome, fun assignments back then such as recipe and menu production, creating diets and recommendation dietary, it was intereting. It's just food tec is incredibly frustrating. You memorise 300 pages of content, and the exam will only use 75. Plus the questions in exams are incredibly retarted such as '''Samantha is a 16 year old Aboriginal who lives in an urban area. Recommend her some health tips'' and it's so awkward because you don't want to come across as stereotypical or racist. And plus, I wish it was more biology- like when it came to food poisioning, not dumb OH&S. A cool question for me would be ''what would happen if a baby of average health were to consume full cream milk'' as opposed to boring ''what can workplaces do to avoid food poisioning?''

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I found some of the questions to be worded very strangely. Quite misleading. BOS gotta get their act together!

x_cheesecake_x

HSC
I thought it was an okay test, I was preparing myself for the worst :p but I do agree the questions were challenging. One question I still don't know the answer to - which mineral requires supplementation in the diet due to its naturally low levels in the soil? A. Calcium b. iodine c. Iron or d. Sodium??

So which one did you pick?

Airstrike

HSC
I thought it was an okay test, I was preparing myself for the worst :p but I do agree the questions were challenging. One question I still don't know the answer to - which mineral requires supplementation in the diet due to its naturally low levels in the soil? A. Calcium b. iodine c. Iron or d. Sodium??

So which one did you pick?
I picked Iodine

I didn't get so many e.g. like Q2 and Q14 (the person who ate ham and salad rolls) - the micro-organisms
how do we even meant to know lol?

The Multiple choice was fully hard...the theme was basically FDP in my opinion, short answer questions were really straight forward
the Extended was too broad in my opinion, too easy? I think it needs to be more specific

HSC
Because I did enjoy year 9 food technology. We had awesome, fun assignments back then such as recipe and menu production, creating diets and recommendation dietary, it was intereting. It's just food tec is incredibly frustrating. You memorise 300 pages of content, and the exam will only use 75. Plus the questions in exams are incredibly retarted such as '''Samantha is a 16 year old Aboriginal who lives in an urban area. Recommend her some health tips'' and it's so awkward because you don't want to come across as stereotypical or racist. And plus, I wish it was more biology- like when it came to food poisioning, not dumb OH&S. A cool question for me would be ''what would happen if a baby of average health were to consume full cream milk'' as opposed to boring ''what can workplaces do to avoid food poisioning?''
Economics had a question like that, something along the lines of "why do men earn more money than women?". BOS is trolling, making us be all stereotypical.

Louigi-222

HSC
I put Sodium for the mineral question but pretty sure it is wrong and I put Salmonela for the food poisoning one because that is mostly related to ham etc Is the organisation that alerts the oyster farmers re a disease question was that the CSIRO? :confused2: I hope so. I hated the fermentation question and the drying one the rest pretty much straight forward finished it in 2hr 15mins and I checked it 3 times 3hrs was too long. I also did Biology and f/tech was heaps easier :thrust::thrust:

Airstrike

HSC
I put Sodium for the mineral question but pretty sure it is wrong and I put Salmonela for the food poisoning one because that is mostly related to ham etc Is the organisation that alerts the oyster farmers re a disease question was that the CSIRO? :confused2: I hope so. I hated the fermentation question and the drying one the rest pretty much straight forward finished it in 2hr 15mins and I checked it 3 times 3hrs was too long. I also did Biology and f/tech was heaps easier :thrust::thrust:
Oh I put C for the food poisioning question so werid...
I thought the Oyster was AQIS...I really don't know, it's sooooo werid

yeah food tech was MUCH easier

I'm hoping for at least a 80 raw mark

nicola14

HSC
Thought that food poisoning question was dumb as...totally could have been all 4 multiple choice answers!! and found the essay hard as....must not have done enough study....

Airstrike

HSC
Thought that food poisoning question was dumb as...totally could have been all 4 multiple choice answers!! and found the essay hard as....must not have done enough study....
yeah...that means no one can get 100 -_-
well the essay question was really broad...so you can write about anything...I personally don't like it
i think 86 will be band 6 cut off
ohhh cool...well I'm hoping for a mid-high band 5 then!

rayya555

HSC
the food posioning one was salmonella, it was AQIS and the soil was iodine. I said all of them. The fermentation killed me as well as the value adding foods cause i stupidly forgot to revise that and i was so annoyed after. I am hoping for a raw mark of 86-87 if im lucky. I am also rank 1 and I want to do food science in uni so i really hope i get a band 6! For trials i got hit hard on law and legislation and active, MAP and sous vide packaging so i knew them inside out, unfortunately they didnt have a big question on legislation :L

rayraay

HSC
For the fermentation question I completely blanked out and wasn't sure whether I was meant to know what to write...so I thought about Yakult and how it's a "fermented milk drink" ..and I briefly spoke about that just incase the markers decided to show some generosity and give me a mark or something? Not that I had any idea of what I was writing about :\

What did everybody else write about?

And yeah, I was honestly expecting a mad hug question of legislation...to my surprise not at all..I guess revising so hard on other things instead of that would have helped!!!

And

lovely_girl_290

HSC
For the fermentation question, I wrote the process of making wine inwhich carbohydrate are converted into alcohol by micro-organism

rayya555

HSC
For the fermentation question, I wrote the process of making wine inwhich carbohydrate are converted into alcohol by micro-organism
yea thats what it was about xD I wrote about milk then suddenly freeze came into my head who knows i messed it up big time at least it was 4 marks not 8!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)