General thoughts: HSC chemistry 2015 (1 Viewer)

Mr_Kap

HSC
There were some more obvious issues with the method. They used 200mL acid rather than like 50mL acid to 150mL water, the acid was dilute when it should have been concentrated, they filtered the dissolved before adding Barium Chloride which was wrong, they added the Barium Chloride quickly when they should have added slowly, etc.
The thing is, how many improvements did we need to mention and justify for 4 marks? I personally answered it like a 6 marker and went into detail heaps but I don't know what would have been necesary to get all 4 marks by writing the bare minimum.

Catz

HSC
The barium modification question was quite broad so I'm pretty sure they'll accept a variety of answers just had to be relevant to the experiment and not talk about something completely off

I did 2

HecticLad

HSC
I dont think we had to mentions a catalyst cause it only asked for temperature and pressure and it was only 6 marks
nah it didnt specify temp and pressure, it just said explain the conditions employed in the haber process with reference to the graph

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
GG when you only memorised Leclanche dry cell and it isnt listed in the dot point
Haha I got extremely lucky with that question

I saw the lead-acid anode and cathode half-equations and I'm like yeah nah ceebs memorising that, if they're going to ask a question about it I'll memorise it for my related battery so I just memorised the equation for the vanadium redox cell :lol:

band6man

HSC
id say so, pretty sure the question said something about the conditions used in the haber process with reference to the chart, but doesnt mean you have to talk specifically about the stuff on the chart, i just basically talked about everything I knew for the conditions of haber process cus it was a 6 mark question, theres no way you would be able to write that much just about the info on the graph
Yes it does that's what reference to the chart means, I filled up all the lines without talking about the catalyst. If you talked about the catalyst you wasted your time pal

mrskheir

HSC
The more I read through these, the more anxious I get. The technology titration questions, I didn't like. The K calculation, I didn't get. The 'buffer' solution I apparently got wrong. I'm freaking out and it's not even December yet.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Yes it does that's what reference to the chart means, I filled up all the lines without talking about the catalyst. If you talked about the catalyst you wasted your time pal
Not necessarily. You needed the catalyst in order to make the temperatures a "compromise"

Catz

HSC
What was the answer for radioisotopes mc question

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
There were some more obvious issues with the method. They used 200mL acid rather than like 50mL acid to 150mL water, the acid was dilute when it should have been concentrated, they filtered the dissolved fertiliser before adding Barium Chloride which was wrong, they added the Barium Chloride quickly when they should have added slowly, etc.
how many do you think were needed to get the 4? I think I only had 2 or 3 basic ones

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
Not necessarily. You needed the catalyst in order to make the temperatures a "compromise"
Yeah I said the you dont use a really high temperature because it might damage the catalyst which helps increase rate of reaction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)