General Thoughts: Industrial Technology (1 Viewer)

me121

Premium Member
HSC
How did everyone go?
Post you comments/complaints/thoughts?

I know I did terrible. I thought that I would run out of time, but it turns out that I had time left over at the end. Probably because I couldn't write much for the 7 markers. I thought that this exam was much harder than previous years! Its hard to know what to study for, because the syllabus is not very specific, and the marking guidelines are no help (e.g. full marks=correct answer) they don't tell you what the correct answers may be! Also the marker's comments are all that detailed either. Also I was very nervous and couldn't concentrate for the exam.

My comments for the Graphics Industries section:
  • There were more drawings than previous years. Its hard to know how accurate they must be. esp. when they are not worth many marks
  • It is hard to do isometric when we are not aloud a set square!
  • I don't know if the markers will understand my mathematical comparison of the different projection methods. but i didn't resort to the projection matrices.

Just some general notes about the exam,
you must sign a paper saying that the BOS may or may not keep your answers. and that they may publish them. You must agree if you want your HSC.

Last edited:

LankanG

Maha Pimp
HSC
Re: 2007 Industrial Technology HSC Exam

yeh quite a few drawings this year..and yeh could of done with an extra 5mins to get some good answers for them 7 markers..but yeh think it wasnt too bad

+ the yellow paper was off putting
=)

Last edited:

zagga20

HSC

Graphics

I was running out of time, which made me panic because i usually have plenty of time left...
so i was doing some drawings with shakey hands.

i got my 3rd pt projection symbol wrong, i didnt draw a nut correctly... otherwise i felt fine with the written parts. except 'workplace culture'... that threw me off

bellinda

HSC

didnt relise they actually wanted us to draw a nut.. i demensioned it all.. agh!! lol..

and the 7 markers.. well i didnt do great at them.. lol..

umm.. oh yeah should have taken my calculator!!! lol..

anyway not to bad i guess.. considering the teacher we had.. lol..

anyway! good luck to everyone!! one down 6 to go !!

PulpDood

HSC

Hahaha, that 'workplace culture' one was funny, it's like wtf. I just put it had to do with the behaviours and attitudes of the workers and better work environment would improve it; dunno if it's good enough for the 2 marks but... And that nut bolt one and symbol I totally left out as well, those 2 were definitely band 6 questions. Hey Rishi!, the yellow paper did look funny lol!

Anyway, this year's 7 markers were a lot better than previous years' 8 markers, plus they had one on computers which made it a whole lot easier...

And I'm suprised the people here are talkin' bout graphics, I would've expected all those timber bastards to fill this thread, lol.

Anyway, Good luck to everyone for English!

Last edited:

me121

Premium Member
HSC

Yeah, i'm surprised. Timber has way more people than graphics, yet all these people do graphics.
I was surprised to see a question mention oblique, as the syllabus makes no reference to it.
I hope my major project will help my bad exam mark.

Last edited:

vtcommo

HSC

i do metal work and i thought it was simialr if not easier then our trials! the only weird questions were the workplace culture and a few bout welding! other then that it was alright

as for engineering studies wtf

joshwilliams88

HSC

i did this multimedia exam. it wasnt too bad, but there were certainly, as mentioned above, a few questions which were not very clear and through me off a little bit. I finished with just enough time to check over my answers and i think i will get a reasonably high mark. But then again it all depends on my hsc mark doesn't it.

Member232135

HSC
N/A

bellinda, we both know we had an instant fail. : ) Best teacher ever. gave us the notes 2 weeks before the test ^.^

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/10/19/2063706.htm
The Federal Government and the New South Wales Opposition have accused Labor and the unions of using yesterday's Higher School Certificate (HSC) exam to indoctrinate students with left-wing ideologies.

The question [in the industrial technology exam] asked students to discuss the impact of Government legislation on employees.

Federal Education Minister Julie Bishop says it was clearly about WorkChoices and was another example of how political views are being pushed in the classroom.

"You'd have to be naive in the extreme not to see this as a loaded question," she said.

"It has been backed up by months and months of union campaigning in schools in NSW, pushing their political agenda.

"We've got teachers handing out anti-Government propaganda to school children and parents are complaining that their children are being used as political pawns."

But state Education Minister John Della Bosca has described the reaction to the question as hysterical.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Last edited:
R

rhaps0dy

ooohh here it is. my bad :burn:

^ LOL @ the accusation, i really do hate those type of questions though, maybe because i'm not strong in the industry section as much as i am in the other section. i did multimedia and i found it quite relaxing for a first exam - well, to start off the hsc but i hope it doesn't get included in my uai :burn: and GRR i ran out of time! T__T and ever sooo STUPIDLY thought the finishing time for the other subject was for my exam *siiigggh* overall i'd say i just did ok =/

LankanG: yes! it was VERY off putting - -''

Last edited by a moderator:

georgee6

HSC

hey guys yer i think i fuked it hhahahah lol but wtf is the media snapping it for we got taugght that shit it cam under unionss

maths
english
construction
ind tech
rel

HSC

it was a really hard timber exam. the question about computers and hand drawn helping development of artwork for packaging. like WTF where was that in the syllabus?!

TAREK.B

HSC

hey i found the graphics exam pretty easy just for the drawings as for government legislation that related back to OH&S EPA AND EIS. i think we need more time for that exam 1.5hrs is to short.

anyways goodluck everyone

i have left:
paper 2 advanced english
arabic
2 u nit maths then finished
how did everyone go in engineering studies exam i found that extremely hard it wasnt normal.

good luck everyone and takecare.​

nadz11

HSC

upthedownstair said:
it was a really hard timber exam. the question about computers and hand drawn helping development of artwork for packaging. like WTF where was that in the syllabus?!

haha true. i knew my teacher was shit but when i saw that it just reinforced just how shit he is, never heard about this shit before ever. but having said that my fuknut teacher didnt give us any theory or inclass lessons till 2 weeks after the trials, before then it was just a struggle to get the major works done.

so yes, im pretty confident my hsc is ruined :)

RYZ4OG

HSC

I.t exam this year, compared it to the past emam papers... wasn't to bad! those 7 markers, i didnt to to wele in them, could of done better, but over all it was ok. and that question on the government legislation question, i didnt answer i just wrote, this is bull****! anyways good luck in the upcoming exams.
and lets hope the markers are nice to us this year ;)

in3rtia

HSC

5 minutes left to go, I was quite happy with myself that I finished all the questions when I decided to double check. I accidentally left out a 7 mark questions. Lets just say I have never written faster in my life.

emvru

HSC

lol i found the multimedia one to be quite alrite..
yeh wats wid all this media stuff about one 4mark question .. lolz jeez!
newayz
good luck for the rst of the exams guys :)

mwahz
luv
me

krazeboi

HSC

multimedia = zero study

i was late to this exam and i rkn it was pretty easy overall lol.. all the questions were similar to previous assessment tasks given since year 11. i didnt really do the 'major project' so overall my mark for this subject is so low (even though i improved 20 positions) from 44/60 to 24/60.

despite this improvement i hope it doesnt get counted in my uai - my focus is on my other subjects :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)