General Thoughts: Information Processes and Technology (1 Viewer)

KeiKurono

HSC
Could someone explain about the multimedia q's, a but worried about that :s
What do you mean?
Adv/disadv of compressing video: reduces file size and reduces quality of overall video
Online games can be used in education and training: interactivity/detailed visuals keep user's interest so that they learn and enables them to learn at their own pace. Ability to share ideas with one another, etc.
Distinguish between authoring software and HTML editors: authoring softwares combine multiple aspects of application software to provide a "one-stop" program to design a multimedia product. HTML editors edit and create HTML code, but rely on other software to create a complete multimedia product.
Explain how bit-depth and representation of colour data place demands on hardware: increased bit-depth and representation of colour data results in increased processing needs > faster processor, increased file size, greater need for storage space.
Identify suitable file formats: MP3, JPEG - use lossy compression so smaller file size that can be easily stored on system - the reduction in quality won't be noticed on such a small screen. Also most common file formats so there can be an interchange of messages later on with no compatibility issues.
Discuss alternative use: This system could be used as an information kiosk at shopping centres, providing entertainment for shoppers while they wait or children, provide navigation around the building, etc.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
In on the bus and I got the paper with me. So sorry for any spelling mistakes. I have bag autocorrect.
Multimedia
A)I) identify an advantage and disadvantage of compressing video in multimedia (mm for ease)
ii ) describe how online games can be used in education and training

B)I) distinguish between authoring software and HTML editor for creating mm
ii) explain how bit depth and the representation of colour data place demands on hardware in mm

C)I) identify suitable file formats for storing images and audio data in this mm and justify
ii) discuss an Shetland use of this mm

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
*alternative I

I don't know how that turned into Shetland XD

tknight

HSC
N/A
What do you mean?
Adv/disadv of compressing video: reduces file size and reduces quality of overall video
Online games can be used in education and training: interactivity/detailed visuals keep user's interest so that they learn and enables them to learn at their own pace. Ability to share ideas with one another, etc.
Distinguish between authoring software and HTML editors: authoring softwares combine multiple aspects of application software to provide a "one-stop" program to design a multimedia product. HTML editors edit and create HTML code, but rely on other software to create a complete multimedia product.
Explain how bit-depth and representation of colour data place demands on hardware: increased bit-depth and representation of colour data results in increased processing needs > faster processor, increased file size, greater need for storage space.
Identify suitable file formats: MP3, JPEG - use lossy compression so smaller file size that can be easily stored on system - the reduction in quality won't be noticed on such a small screen. Also most common file formats so there can be an interchange of messages later on with no compatibility issues.
Discuss alternative use: This system could be used as an information kiosk at shopping centres, providing entertainment for shoppers while they wait or children, provide navigation around the building, etc.
I pretty much wrote the same!

olimoli123

HSC
Guys did anyone else find the RFID tag 5 marker in TPS quite ambiguous?

"Describe an alternative use of this type of transaction processing system"
I started talking about manual paper-based system for the Pet resort but my friends talked about a library (due to the RFID tag)

I'm not sure whether i misinterpreted it or not hahahaha

Last edited:

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Is the topology question in MP using bus topology ?

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
It's alright. I just wrote how RFID tag can be used similarly in other business services, e.g. retail store.

HSC
What do you mean?
holy shit me too !!!

*prayeremoji*

tknight

HSC
N/A
It was bus topology. They drew it in a ring to throw people off, like in the 2012 exam.

olimoli123

HSC
Dammnit, wasnt thinking straight when i talked about paper based method for that q hahahaha fuark, Hopefully they dont take my beautiful 5 marks away

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC

"Describe an alternative use of this type of transaction processing system"
I started talking about manual paper-based system for the Pet resort but my friends talked about a library (due to the RFID tag)

I'm not sure whether i misinterpreted it or not hahahaha
for both the option topic questions like that i linked it to the army. how these RFID tags/multimedia system could work in the army so yeah i think it was like how could you use this system in a different context

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
What do you mean?
Q1.
A.(i) same idea
(ii) didn't see this so lost 3 marks
B. (i) authoring software allows user to be creative while HTML standardise the text, limit user's creativity and less user friendly
(ii) higher bit-depth= higher-tech hardware required
C. (i) same idea
(ii) the developer could use the same system and develop an artificial intelligent (AI) for the system, making it become an advanced artificial assistant and can be used on smartphone, computer, kiosk or robotic puspose.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
It was bus topology. They drew it in a ring to throw people off, like in the 2012 exam.
i laughed to myself so much when i saw that, idk why. It just brightened up the entire exam

tknight

HSC
N/A
They always do it, so whenever I see a question like that I double check.

2012 exam:

Ring, Star, Bus, Hybrid

Attachments

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
also for higher bit depth question the hardware included display devices, so you need better display devices for higher bit depth.

Nukeboy

HSC
N/A
What was the answer to the multiple choice where they wanted you to identify the hardware component X?
Switch or WAP.?

KeiKurono

HSC
What was the answer to the multiple choice where they wanted you to identify the hardware component X?
Switch or WAP.?
Also wondering this. Someone else pls post their multiple choice answers, I wanna know if I got 20/20

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)