General Thoughts: Information Processes and Technology (1 Viewer)

lita1000

HSC
Post your thoughts here

What did you like about the exam?

What were your most favourite parts?

Were there any hard problems?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I hope that exam's not too hard lol.

gsccrepping

HSC
N/A
Okay who was the participant and who was the user in that scenario

Machination

HSC
YAY for no SQL question besides in the multiple choices!
BUT what happened to the Schema, data dictionaries, database and story board questions =( Drawing those diagrams was one of my strengths!

Overall it was pretty good! Definitely a LOT easier than my trials!

Did anyone else here got like so much Cs in a row in the multiple choice?

gsccrepping

HSC
N/A
Two more q's...
Was q8 multiple choice a feasibility study or a requirements report?

And for q19, was it "OR" or "AND" as the SQL code?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Two more q's...
Was q8 multiple choice a feasibility study or a requirements report?

And for q19, was it "OR" or "AND" as the SQL code?
Q8 I put requirements report, it can't be feasibility study because that determines the potential solutions, etc.

Q19 I put the one with AND, I think that was B.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
YAY for no SQL question besides in the multiple choices!
BUT what happened to the Schema, data dictionaries, database and story board questions =( Drawing those diagrams was one of my strengths!

Overall it was pretty good! Definitely a LOT easier than my trials!

Did anyone else here got like so much Cs in a row in the multiple choice?
I got got much A and B in the first 10 questions, barely any Ds, am I the noly one? lol.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Guys about the multiple choice when the guy gave another person's personal details to his cousin, was the answer unethical use of information?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
For those that do transactions, what did you write for how have OLTP contributed to the development of transaction processing systems?

swagmeister

HSC
Really hoping I can pull 96-97 raw, giving me 97-98 overall which hopefully becomes a state rank. We'll see though, I reckon it's 50-50.

tonysoprano

HSC
Was the bank a user?

And for the question "Which hardware component is necessary to physically connect a client to a server?" Is that a NIC or a Modem?

I'm gonna be disappointed if I don't at least get a 90 raw :/

Edit:
Q11: Main function of a switch; c) connects a network device to the internet, or d) enables network devices to talk to eachother.
I was so confident with these questions but then people kept convincing me i was wrong and it's stuck in my head

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Was the bank a user? And for the question "Which hardware component is necessary to physically connect a client to a server?" Is that a NIC or a Modem?

I'm gonna be disappointed if I don't at least get a 90 raw :/
For the necessary hardware question, I put modem.

Also guys what did you put for the what is a switch question? I was tossing up between connecting the device to a network and allows devices to talk to each other, I ended up choosing connecting a device to a network.

tonysoprano

HSC
For the necessary hardware question, I put modem.

Also guys what did you put for the what is a switch question? I was tossing up between connecting the device to a network and allows devices to talk to each other, I ended up choosing connecting a device to a network.
Yeah I put modem. And yeah just added that to my question. I went with c, because "talking to eachother" just sounds wrong.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Yeah I put modem. And yeah just added that to my question. I went with c, because "talking to eachother" just sounds wrong.
I was honestly looking for the answer "provides a direct connection between the sender and a receiver", like what you said "talk to each other" does sound abit simplish and wrong lol.

Moey2519

HSC
I was honestly looking for the answer "provides a direct connection between the sender and a receiver", like what you said "talk to each other" does sound abit simplish and wrong lol.
I put D, idk lets hope the BOS allows the exception of both to be right xD

asdfasdfer

HSC
For those that do transactions, what did you write for how have OLTP contributed to the development of transaction processing systems?
I talked about how real time processing becomes quicker and more efficient as opposed to say an offline real-time TPS, and some other stuff i can't really remember but my textbook doesn't really specify how OLTP's have contributed to the development of TPS's so i'm not really sure of the correct answer.

FightingSmile64

HSC
Hardest bit of the test was the multiple choice. Some of them gave me trouble as there were 2 answers i couldn't pick apart

However the short answers and diagrams were really easy,

asdfasdfer

HSC
Hardest bit of the test was the multiple choice. Some of them gave me trouble as there were 2 answers i couldn't pick apart

However the short answers and diagrams were really easy,
Yeah I was pretty happy with the diagram questions, every year had either a context diagram OR a data flow diagram and I was absolutely devastated to see BOTH in this one, however they were both pretty simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)