General Thoughts - Italian Beginners (1 Viewer)

Numquamtededam

HSC
MadamGuilia said:
I see views an no replies.. where are all the Italian Beginners students?
Penso che un tipico studente di 'italian beginners' non sia abbastanza intelligente per saper usare un computer - e' veramente un immenso peccato che loro siano cosi' 'ottusi' - tu sembri cosi' isolata...

MadamGuilia

HSC
Numquamtededam said:
Penso che un tipico studente di 'italian beginners' non sia abbastanza intelligente per saper usare un computer - e' veramente un immenso peccato che loro siano cosi' 'ottusi' - tu sembri cosi' isolata...
Fuhgeddaboutit... tu sembri cosi scortese e ha un argomento insulso.

Numquamtededam

HSC
MadamGuilia said:
Fuhgeddaboutit... tu sembri cosi scortese e ha un argomento insulso.
Anche se sono scortese, certamente ho ragione...quello che e' insulso non e' il mio punto di vista; anzi, e' il gruppo di alunni che studia il beginners - tu ne sei una dimostrazione. Tu non sai neanche compitare. Hai pensato che scrivere il tuo nome in Italiano sarebbe una stupenda idea - il problema era che non sapevi compitarlo! Guilia! (lol)

Inoltre, hai pensato di essere una brava comica quando hai scritto che vivi in Boganville! IMPARA A COMPITARE. E' Bougainville...a meno che cercassi di essere ironico - ma un tipico studente di Beginners e' troppo insulso per capire l'idea dell' 'ironia'.

MadamGuilia

HSC
Numquamtededam said:
Anche se sono scortese, certamente ho ragione...quello che e' insulso non e' il mio punto di vista; anzi, e' il gruppo di alunni che studia il beginners - tu ne sei una dimostrazione. Tu non sai neanche compitare. Hai pensato che scrivere il tuo nome in Italiano sarebbe una stupenda idea - il problema era che non sapevi compitarlo! Guilia! (lol)

Inoltre, hai pensato di essere una brava comica quando hai scritto che vivi in Boganville! IMPARA A COMPITARE. E' Bougainville...a meno che cercassi di essere ironico - ma un tipico studente di Beginners e' troppo insulso per capire l'idea dell' 'ironia'.
Dear dear dear, you should get off your high horse.

I wrote my name 'Guilia' when I didn't know the spelling was 'Giulia', quite understandable I do say.. and 'Boganville', my dear.. is not spelt 'Bougainville' in my context! Ha, so if you don't know someone, why are you so quick to judge? You poor thing.. I feel very sorry for you and how someone has taught you to be so haughty..

YOU have just made a spectacle of yourself, and I fear that you look terribly stupid :D

Last edited:

redraw

HSC
MadamGuilia said:
Dear dear dear, you should get off your high horse.

I wrote my name 'Guilia' when I didn't know the spelling was 'Giulia', quite understandable I do say.. and 'Boganville', my dear.. is not spelt 'Bougainville' in my context! Ha, so if you don't know someone, why are you so quick to judge? You poor thing.. I feel very sorry for you and how someone has taught you to be so haughty..

YOU have just made a spectacle of yourself, and I fear that you look terribly stupid :D
You are the first person to revert back to English, since you cannot speak Italian to any level (as also shown in your posts above).

I don't think you quite understood the irony in the whole Boganville thing. Perhaps you should look it up.

In any case, it is almost self-evident that "i" is a soft vowel, and thus will change the sound of g and c (as it does in English too). Since there is no "j" in Italian, it is obvious you need a g+i to emulate the sound. U is a hard vowel = failure.

MadamGuilia

HSC
redraw said:
You are the first person to revert back to English, since you cannot speak Italian to any level (as also shown in your posts above).

I don't think you quite understood the irony in the whole Boganville thing. Perhaps you should look it up.

In any case, it is almost self-evident that "i" is a soft vowel, and thus will change the sound of g and c (as it does in English too). Since there is no "j" in Italian, it is obvious you need a g+i to emulate the sound. U is a hard vowel = failure.
What, so I'm a failure because I reverted back to English? Wow, what are you people trying to prove? I can speak as much Italian as I please - but funnily enough I'm not attempting to prove myself, however I wish to close off this argument on a better note.

As for Boganville, it is simply a funny term that I need not go into irony with, it needn't be taken so seriously, like a petty issue about a name. I understand the irony, but really the argument is just ridiculous. I don't wish to disclose my true residence over the internet, 'Boganville' was fitting as it's just so silly. Please, don't take it so seriously and so far!

I spelt 'Guilia' when I hadn't even begun italian and couldn't figure out a name for boredofstudies!? I should be condemned - gracious me!

I do not wish to cause any type of conflict and it's quite surprising that my simple spelling of 'Guilia', a word like 'Boganville', and my lack of reply in Italian, leads people to become so haughty. Reality check may be the way to go.

Italian is a beautiful language, and I'm sorry to see people so supposedly 'knowledgeable' in the language are abusing it. It's a shame.

Last edited:

redraw

HSC
Your only retort consists of the words "haughty" and "scortese". Congratulations on the breadth and depth of your vocabulary and sentence structures. Or is that not a criterion for the Beginners course, as it is assumed they cannot achieve this?

"YOU have just made a spectacle of yourself, and I fear that you look terribly stupid"

And you have not? Perhaps read your posts again (including the ones you deleted so it didn't look like you were the only one who cared) and then try to make an objective judgement.

Also, although "Madame" is French for lady, in our language, the word Madam refers to the female "administrator" of a brothel. But you already knew that, from experience.

redraw

HSC
stellina91 said:
Redraw, why are you so mean to MadamGuilia!!
It's a long-standing dispute we've been having.. don't worry.. we're both being facetious.

MadamGuilia

HSC
redraw said:
Your only retort consists of the words "haughty" and "scortese". Congratulations on the breadth and depth of your vocabulary and sentence structures. Or is that not a criterion for the Beginners course, as it is assumed they cannot achieve this?

"YOU have just made a spectacle of yourself, and I fear that you look terribly stupid"

And you have not? Perhaps read your posts again (including the ones you deleted so it didn't look like you were the only one who cared) and then try to make an objective judgement.

Also, although "Madame" is French for lady, in our language, the word Madam refers to the female "administrator" of a brothel. But you already knew that, from experience.
Gees, you've made yourself look extremely intelligent. I hope you're not too vain to sense the sarcasm.

And for all Italian Beginners, I'm not an image of their ability.

'Madam' is either what you say or a woman of 'refinement'.. and I don't think of myself as either (it's a useless display name) so please just lay off and find something better to do or we can talk about something more important unless your thoughts are impotent.

I'd rather spend my time on something more interesting, thanks for trying to interest me in your argument but like I have already said, "'nough said".

Last edited:

MadamGuilia

HSC
This is supposed to be an 'exam thoughts' forum

however..

I should have named it...

"Unnecessary Criticism on MadamGuilia's Display Name and Use of Language"

Gah, keeps getting better haha.

redraw

HSC
MadamGuilia said:
Gees, you've made yourself look extremely intelligent. I hope you're not too vain to sense the sarcasm.

And for all Italian Beginners, I'm not an image of their ability.

'Madam' is either what you say or a woman of 'refinement'.. and I don't think of myself as either (it's a useless display name) so please just lay off and find something better to do or we can talk about something more important unless your thoughts are impotent.

I'd rather spend my time on something more interesting, thanks for trying to interest me in your argument but like I have already said, "'nough said".
My thoughts, unlike you, are far from impotent.

Sure, if you are no longer interested in it, then why do you continue retorting and posting? I count 5 replies since I last said anything, 4 of which are from you.

Display names, like everything else, always have some significance. I don't arbitrarily mash on my keyboard, and even if I choose a name ironically, it still bears some weighting. I do not consider your argument sufficient. I believe it reflects your aspirations. You want to be Italian, so you chose an Italian name. The same could very well hold true for the other half of the name.

MadamGuilia

HSC
redraw said:
My thoughts, unlike you, are far from impotent.

Sure, if you are no longer interested in it, then why do you continue retorting and posting? I count 5 replies since I last said anything, 4 of which are from you.

Display names, like everything else, always have some significance. I don't arbitrarily mash on my keyboard, and even if I choose a name ironically, it still bears some weighting. I do not consider your argument sufficient. I believe it reflects your aspirations. You want to be Italian, so you chose an Italian name. The same could very well hold true for the other half of the name.
Hilarity!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)