General Thoughts: Legal Studies 2005 (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Post up your thoughts on the exam after you finish today
2day is gonna be a tough day
Legal and SOR :eek:
who had this?

edit:
Finally got home
4.5 hours of exams has been terrible!

See the second post
They quoted our BOS member Rafy
See, securing the 2nd post in this thread paid off didn't it rafy
the question in crime worth 7 marks "has caused much uproar and controversy among the student cohort". -Rafy
Congrats James! You're famous :)

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Shall edit on my return!

EDIT:
A relatively straight foward examination in most respects. Section 1 was a pleasant
suprise, the questions were fair and an acceptable challenge. Section 3, the Focus studies, were also welcomed. I did B on each focus, as it allowed me to asses the issues and associated remedies and how the law reforms itself in order to reflect community values and concerns.

Section 2 however, soured my initial delight. Having left it to last, i was blissfully unaware of the horrors that awaited me in the final 40 minutes that i had allocated to this section. Parts A and B were simple, fair, and an appropriate assesment of the course content. However, Part C was the exam's weakness and has rightly caused much uproar and controversy among the student cohort. (My views on that question are reflected in my posts in threads dedicated to the distain and anger directed at the board of studies) Section D, appears to be a fair and reasonable question. However, those who did Juvinelle Justice as a case study would have had an unfair advantage.

Last edited:

flying_dragon

HSC
To be frank, I'm screwed. I only got out about 5 pages of unlinked crap for my Family essay, and my answers for the Crime questions made no sense. I mean, what could you possibly write for the males/females question? And how could you squeeze 7 marks out of it!?! The juvenile/adult question...12 marks!?! What can you write to get 12 marks?

I'm sorry for going on, but I'm really not happy about this exam. I also apologise for any profanity I post in this thread...I really really fucked legal.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
i got 8 pages on shelter and only 5 pages on family, the essays were easy because it was what i did for my assessment, but the multiples and short answer questions were hard and stupid! :(

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
i thought the multiples and short answers were moderate, some easy some more difficult...but i would not say that they were hard...am i the only one?

HSC
I really struggled in this exam! Like, really really struggled. I think the multiple choice questions were moderate also, but the Crime question on male/females was horrible and my Workplace essay was crap! I had no idea what to write about and managed to ramble on about nothing relevant for five pages. My Family essay was good - I think - but I did struggle to link my points. Anyway, it's done... I can't change anything, I tried my hardest and that's what matters. *sigh* (or so I keep telling myself!)

sezzley

HSC
yeah I hated hated hated crime, thought the essay questions were brilliant, loved them both to death, and I thought multiple choice was okayish, there were about 4 I didn't know.

Then, I didn't study crime or human rights, so that could account for that.

Revolution

HSC
I liked this exam. M/C was quite easy, short answer was fine, and Section 2 and 3 I wrote a decent amount and remembered enough Case Studies and Legislation to get through alright.
flying_dragon said:
I mean, what could you possibly write for the males/females question? And how could you squeeze 7 marks out of it!?!
You needed to talk about Institutionalised Inequality and access to the law
The juvenile/adult question...12 marks!?! What can you write to get 12 marks?
I wrote about Institutionalised Inequality again, and also stuff about the "punishment fitting the crime"...

b3nn

Starship Trooper
HSC
this exam was so cute and friendly...it made me feel warm and fuzzy when i finished :)

gorgo31

HSC
Was an alright paper. Crime was strange. Short answer and M/C were fine. Essays were a little ambiguous, especially for Workplace. World Order got off easy.

littlebinzy

I felt a lot better than I thought I would. I went in there worried I was going to get a band 2 and came out pretty confident about a high band 4 low 5.

The big marks for crime sucked, but the rest was ok.

HSC
in reading time, i wanted to cry! but towards the end i was pushing for time in multiple choice and short answers (did them last). so, i just made the pen do its thing..... but my brain was going "WFT are you writing?" so i blame my pen for the crap answers.

dont think i went as well on multiple choice and short answers compared to the essays. did an 11 page for crime, 10 pages for family and a weak lil 6 page for envirnoment (studied night b4 - knew sweet FA!)

Jaguar

HSC
Legal.. I'm going to miss it

I thought the paper was ok, although i thought the compare n contrast as well as the adult v juvenile questions were a little obscure. I worked in institutionalised inequality, purposes and types of punishments, process of sentencing, access etc.. hopefully thats enough for 7 and 12 lol
Although I thought the comparision between genders was a waste of a question, they could've come up with something more substantial...

HSC
Which of the following is a collective human right?

(a) Self-determination
(b) Trade unionism
(c) Universal Education
(d) Universal suffrage

I picked B, who else did?

I just remember hearing all the time this term 'collective bargaining' and thought that Trade Unionism fits in with COLLECTIVE and being part of a union is a RIGHT (right of association).

jaihson

HSC
It was terrible, i felt like vomitting when i got to the crime section! I thought i had everything under control but i just stuffed that exam! Multiple choice were fine

Valeroso

HSC
Revolution said:
You needed to talk about Institutionalised Inequality and access to the law
OH MY GOD! Why the fuck did they decrypt the question in SUCH a stupid way so as to get SUCH a fucking stupid answer? Jesus Christ! The last two questions for Crime were absolutely appalling!

Jexi

HSC
An hour into the exam, I seriously was considering walking out. I almost cried. It was crime and it was the short answers. Crap. Please excuse me while I die. Its soooo a hello band 4 its not funny. Crap

kylz

HSC
i didn't like it LOL i don't think the rest of my class did either considering after 2hrs there were only 2 ppl left in the room haha

jack white

After Hours
HSC
loved it. compared to english, it was a treat. however, a few of the multiple choice questions stumped me and i thought the essay quote "societies...in society" was somewhat redundant. above all, good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)