General Thoughts: Mathematics Ext 2 (1 Viewer)

rune lord603

HSC
OK I'm superrrrworried right now. I haven't marked the paper nor seen the solutions that were posted. But from a few responses, there seem to be those that who over estimated themselves, which makes me believe that I am the next victim. So could people please tell me what score they think is needed for an E4. And please no bullshit like 80 or something LOL. Personally, I believed I scored in the 60s. Max is in the 70s.
You can kinda guess how you did by where you go to school, if you go to a good school like Ruse, then you're fine, in my school everyone gets band 6

nucgaek

HSC
What raw marks would get high 90's (97+) scaled? 85+ or higher?

Sweatyspuds

HSC
There was way too much harder 3 unit I think and not enough mechanics questions. That volumes question = WTF

firelightez

HSC
It was a decent paper, not as hard as last years but definitely not easy. I think i basically got everything right up to the volumes question and then it was pure devastation after that. hoping for an 82-83/100, hopefully that will get me a mid 90's external to pull up my pitiful internal

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Guys, relax. I got like 68% for the 2010 4U external (literally no 4U study on top of school work from July onwards) and still ended up with a 94 exam mark. It's 4U maths for a reason, your aggregate won't be boosted significantly enough to warrant studying it like hell just to go from a 95 to a 97 (or so). Same can't be said for the sciences and English.

Last edited:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Guys, relax. I got like 68% for the 2010 4U external (literally no 4U study on top of school work from July onwards) and still ended up with a 94 exam mark. It's 4U maths for a reason, your aggregate won't be boosted significantly enough to warrant studying it like hell just to go from a 95 to a 97 (or so). Same can't be said for the sciences and English.
This is exactly the reason why I didn't study 4U most of the year - did a couple of past papers, but otherwise, no 4U study.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
There was way too much harder 3 unit I think and not enough mechanics questions. That volumes question = WTF
Mechanics usually doesn't have a massive amount of questions. There's always a few years that will have 1-2 marks on Mechanics only.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't quite understand why so many people are freaking out due to volumes. It was a fairly standard one...

I guess perhaps because the steps weren't spoon fed

Zeroes

HSC
^or because those ones appear much less often than say, cylindrical shells (or whatever the preferred volume is)

ismeta

HSC
I don't quite understand why so many people are freaking out due to volumes. It was a fairly standard one...

I guess perhaps because the steps weren't spoon fed
I thought it was an alright question, although I think I got the answer wrong because of my fantastic propensity to make silly mistakes.

hatennis123

HSC
N/A
I think the test is alright, neither too hard, nor easy. I think E4 would be 65-70+.

What do you guys think the raw mark for a state ranker? (like at least?)

G0

HSC
4u was easy but im repeating it this year [repeating yr 12]/

lol jks

braintic

HSC
N/A
FKin hell man, I swear its the easiest extension 2 exam I have ever done! Except for volumes question! Fahhkkk, I am so happy!
So what mark did you get in the end? I notice you were silent about your results.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Well you guys, I am asking this question a bit late but how much did u guys actually study throughout the year? I am 2014 so the layout I am hoping would be much better. My school literally bombed the test: Girra High and ranking of school dropped from like in the 10's to like in the 30's

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Well you guys, I am asking this question a bit late but how much did u guys actually study throughout the year? I am 2014 so the layout I am hoping would be much better. My school literally bombed the test: Girra High and ranking of school dropped from like in the 10's to like in the 30's
Girraween was never in the 10s...lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)