General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 1 (2 Viewers)

poWerdrY

HSC
emmjee92 said:
right now i am VERY disappointed cos i know i could have gona better...
i had my calculator on radian mode, and i have NO idea why i didn't check it b4 the exam...
btw, what do u guys reckon would be the cut-off for band 6??
what's wrong with radian mode?

conics2008

HSC
Re: How did you guys go?

vds700 said:
Wasn't too hard, just long. The only parts i couldn't do were the last part of the car and spectator Q and the 2nd part of the perms and coms Q, Ran out of time as I was doing the 2nd last part of the projectile question in Q7. Oh and I fucked the binomial Q up a bit.

Overall, it was a good paper, really tested your abilities and knowledge in extension 1 as pwnage 101 said. i think i got a raw mark of 70+/84. Im very happy with how i went
Well said same mistakes as I and same raw mark range ... But too much crammed into one page

Rampager

HSC
FUCK, I could've done Question 7, but i got scared off and spent way too long on the other questions, didn't even touch Q7.

Fucking hell, argh, pretty hard paper really. Easily harder than any past year (except maybe 2006, on par there.)

poWerdrY

HSC

u-borat said:
yah they were both p+q C q

im quite surprised they gave us such an easy binomial question. when i first looked at it i skipped it, thinking iit would be as hard as the previous years. came back, and was like, wtf, so easy

drobby

Pwnage
HSC

Was very hard.. i should pass though and my teacher always said that if you pass ext 1 you are going well.. and im not going to a crap school
Q7 wasnt too bad, like still hard, i though Q6 was the hardest

FakeOHNerdS

HSC
piece of monkey shit...
thers about 40 marks i didnt attemp, so if i get everything i attempted ill still only get 44/84.
I had half an hour to do q5,6 and 7

Estimates of where i lost marks and how much:
q1e (-1)
q3aii (-2)
3b (-2)
3ci and iii (-3)
4bii (-1)
4cii and iii (-3)
5ai (-2)
5b (-2)
5c (-3), but i looked at it again when i got home and got it. Dam)
6b (-2)
6c (-5)
7 (-12)

revo

Premium Member
HSC

poWerdrY said:
im quite surprised they gave us such an easy binomial question. when i first looked at it i skipped it, thinking iit would be as hard as the previous years. came back, and was like, wtf, so easy
piss off

poWerdrY

HSC

revo said:
comon, as if this binomial question wasnt easier then the previous ones. i remember there was one where you had to integrate three times and substitute x=0, x=-1 and x=1. that was a hard binomial question

u-borat

Banned
HSC

agreed with powerdry, im hopeless at binomial but found this suprisingly straightforward.

Propadanda

HSC
N/A

Motherfucker! I just realised that I drew the circle geometry question wrong in my book. I noticed the alternate angle, and i realised that using the property of a cyclic quad it was equal to the interior opposite angle, but I can't believe i missed the v.o. angle. I was sitting there looking at it and I knew there was something not right. Fuck that stupid fucking cunt fucking shit fuck. And I fucked up the rates of change question. I've been practicing those a lot and so I was like "hmm all i need is an expression for dO/dx or whatever ro prove part a and so i was like "hmm cos0 is l/sqrt l^2 + x^2 and all this dumb fuckign shit, and i didnt even notice how blatant the tan0 was until we got out of the exam FUCK.

Anyway, I thought I went alright, but I seriously lost so many stupid marks I'm so fucking pissed. Hopefully 65/84? Fucking hell. All that study then I throw away a good mark with stupid mistakes.

henry08

HSC
N/A
lou071 said:
this sound weird but now i barely remember what i wrote....
anyone have same peoblem>?
I'm exactly the same as you.

mudcake42

HSC

4 unit people definitely had an advantage I think. Which is unfair ... but also good cus I do 4 unit...

blackmage

HSC
I left of questions 5,6,7.
I was about to cry after reading time.
I even found question 1 hard.

tpreuss

HSC
emmjee92 said:
right now i am VERY disappointed cos i know i could have gona better...
i had my calculator on radian mode, and i have NO idea why i didn't check it b4 the exam...
btw, what do u guys reckon would be the cut-off for band 6??
oh god i just realised that i put my calculator in radian mode for a question and then didn't take it off. great

poWerdrY

HSC
tpreuss said:
oh god i just realised that i put my calculator in radian mode for a question and then didn't take it off. great
omg you're making me nervous. which question needed degrees?

cathyjun28

HSC
the one where you have to calculate the height of the tower, i think

blackmage

HSC
I know I did.

For question 4 a ii) I wrote 1:44pm, instead of 12.44pm.

FUCK!

revo

Premium Member
HSC
FARK I WROTE 12.44 AM!!!!!!!

nah im kidding

HSC
N/A

I found parts of it to be fairly difficult, but that may have been due to exam pressure.
Ah well. Just deal, I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)