General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

labousaleh

HSC
easy.... finished with 20 mins left. favourite question was factorise 9x-15 :p

HSC
Mine was 2x-x =P

It was actually more difficult than I thought it would be.
I'm used to my school exams, which are extremely diffcult and purposely decieving and tricky (I came first in the half-yearlies...with a mark of 62% :/ )
So when I saw questions like that I actually got stuck and wasted a few seconds in shock :| :| :$

dionb2014

HSC
I agree actually, I see questions like that and wonder, are they testing me on extension year 6 algebra or should I be one step ahead of those conniving and tricky BoS test writers.

Lina3

HSC
My favorite was the angle one. It was like a triangle and it asked to find the size of angle BCE or whatever and the angle size was right there on the diagram! I had to double check lol so technically I DID spend a bit more time on the really easy ones than I had to because I had to make sure I was comprehending it properly XD

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I'm used to my school exams, which are extremely diffcult and purposely decieving and tricky (I came first in the half-yearlies...with a mark of 62% :/ )
So when I saw questions like that I actually got stuck and wasted a few seconds in shock :| :| :$
MX2 in year 11.... what

HSC
MX2 in year 11.... what
Huh? If you're saying my 62% as first rank mark is bad, I think it's actually quite a good mark for the tests they give us.
I go to a private school and I'm in the advanced class and the tests they give us are extremely hard :O
I got 62% in the half-yearlies, and in the school certificate trials, bought from another school, I scored a 90 so I think I'm capable of 3-Unit - and very interestsed in it. As weird as it sounds, I actually like maths.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Huh? If you're saying my 62% as first rank mark is bad, I think it's actually quite a good mark for the tests they give us.
I go to a private school and I'm in the advanced class and the tests they give us are extremely hard :O
I got 62% in the half-yearlies, and in the school certificate trials, bought from another school, I scored a 90 so I think I'm capable of 3-Unit - and very interestsed in it. As weird as it sounds, I actually like maths.
How can you do Maths Ext 2 in Year 11? You can only do it in Year 12?
Unless you are accelerated?
That's what RealiseNothing meant I THINK

HSC
How can you do Maths Ext 2 in Year 11? You can only do it in Year 12?
Unless you are accelerated?
That's what RealiseNothing meant I THINK
Nah he didnt mean that :L in his signature he's got "3 Unit MATHS" as one of the subjects he's takin next year :L
3 unit = extension 2
Extension 2 is like a faster extension 1 in year 11 and then carrying on from that in year 12 as extension 2 from what I heard so I meant it like that but whatever...

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah he didnt mean that :L in his signature he's got "3 Unit MATHS" as one of the subjects he's takin next year :L
3 unit = extension 2
Extension 2 is like a faster extension 1 in year 11 and then carrying on from that in year 12 as extension 2 from what I heard so I meant it like that but whatever...
Really now?! Oo"

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
lol yer, I was asking how are you doing MX2 in year 11. The only way is if you are accelerated, but you did the SC with us this year, so you couldn't be.

Lina3

HSC
Just wondering, what was the answer for the angle of elevation one? I had 18 degrees, since it said to the nearest degree. The exact answer was somewhere abround 17 degrees 40 minutes so I rounded it up. Is that correct? Some people have been saying it was 17 degrees???

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Just wondering, what was the answer for the angle of elevation one? I had 18 degrees, since it said to the nearest degree. The exact answer was somewhere abround 17 degrees 40 minutes so I rounded it up. Is that correct? Some people have been saying it was 17 degrees???
It was 17 Degrees...
All my classmates got 17 including me! Even my teacher confirmed it...

Lina3

HSC
I still don't understand, well...not really. Meh -_- there goes another mark

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I still don't understand, well...not really. Meh -_- there goes another mark
Don't worry man, I lost like at least 7 marks in total so far.... I'm like hoping for a raw mark of 91 or 92 or 93!

ProtoStar

HSC
N/A
What I did was flip the triangle the same way you did, but kept the corner of the triangle the same amount of space from point O as the given one. But thats just me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)