General Thoughts - Modern History (1 Viewer)

HSC
clairet said:
hahaha so, so true
history kidd doesnt understand that until he's made it in the real world, no one gives a crap how well he did in the 2007 modern history exam.
he knows his stuff which is good for him...u keep goin with that...write a book someday.
exam was pretty good overall. the germany questions were good, as well as for conflict in europe. Though one will never know how good until december i suppose.
he has made it in the real world, he has you in the palm of his fucking hand.

by the tone of your post, i sense envy.

edit: btw welcome to bos :)

13thmonkey

Gilliam Stalker
HSC
Personality question was so unexpected, definitely answerable but unsettling, 'cos it's the only section where I'd dare to memorise a plan and it was useless. Thank god I knew my cambodia and Nazi foregin policy. Sources C and D were so predictable, A and B Ludendorff offensive made an interesting change.

somewhereelse

HSC
what did people say about c and d?
i made some generalisations about c being reliable due to not really looking staged/they looked geninunely enthusiastic, and that d was useful because it put forth both german and british views from befroe and after war, but didnt take into account those that remained loyal to the war throughout, or those that were against it from the start.. etc..
i never know what to say for those. i guess it doesnt matter anymore :)

bitter&twisted

HSC
omg just when i thought i did fine for the exam i realise how insufficient my essays were in comparison to some of you guys (NB 16+ pages)!! haha
i only wrote on the sheets for WWI
6 pages for China
10 pages for personality (Sun Yat sen)
8 pages for the Cold War (Truman)
mwhahaha ...screwed

oconnor

HSC
Yeah I only wrote on the sheets too? Is that bad?

bitter&twisted said:
omg just when i thought i did fine for the exam i realise how insufficient my essays were in comparison to some of you guys (NB 16+ pages)!! haha
i only wrote on the sheets for WWI
6 pages for China
10 pages for personality (Sun Yat sen)
8 pages for the Cold War (Truman)
mwhahaha ...screwed

itscatnip

HSC
mc88 said:
I know, I said 30 of 40 years of his prominence. When you think about it, Mandela only really had an impact when he gained fame - which was at the very earliest after Sharpeville. Internationally he never really became famous until he was in prison. It's hard to pinpoint his impact on history because prior to going to jail, Mandela never become the unique figure he is now because there were many other people just like him (eg, Oliver Tambo, Walter Sissulu). It's very hard to pinpoint these questions on Mandela, at least for me.

Perhaps I just don't understand it that much. What did you put for (a) and (b)?
For Nelson Mandela, the role he played in national history was massive. Even forgetting the political issues of Apartheid and the ANC government, the symbolic importance and psychological impact which he has on the nation is incredible. He is the representation of unity and the 'new South Africa'. To describe his role in South African history would have been a really good question for Mandela (I think at least, but I didnt do him) because of what he symbolises and the role he played in post-Apartheid South Africa has led to the democracy and the nature of the society today. He was locked up for 27 years, he came back and didnt condemn those who imprisoned him, he claimed he wanted equality for all genders and 'races'. I just dont reckon you could possibly complain about that question being hard to do for Mandela. And thats ignoring all the political and legal stuff he did!

mc88

HSC
For Nelson Mandela, the role he played in national history was massive. Even forgetting the political issues of Apartheid and the ANC government, the symbolic importance and psychological impact which he has on the nation is incredible. He is the representation of unity and the 'new South Africa'. To describe his role in South African history would have been a really good question for Mandela (I think at least, but I didnt do him) because of what he symbolises and the role he played in post-Apartheid South Africa has led to the democracy and the nature of the society today. He was locked up for 27 years, he came back and didnt condemn those who imprisoned him, he claimed he wanted equality for all genders and 'races'. I just dont reckon you could possibly complain about that question being hard to do for Mandela. And thats ignoring all the political and legal stuff he did!
It was more part (b) that I struggled with. Part (a) was ok.

lilkev161

HSC
historykidd said:
Anybody with a post count under 50 kindly fuck off. Nobody really cares what you have to say.
LOL @ U! hahahaha! Anybody with no life and who sits on Boredofstudies all day posting eg- YOU can kindly lay ur lips on this ass!

Damn i wrote 5 pages and thought it was goood...but the girl with 16 pages....God save the queen

Last edited:

mc88

HSC
It was more part (b) that I struggled with. Part (a) was ok.

robreido

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
hm world war one i wrote an odd 16+ pages for secition one...my hand hurts considerably.

germany i wrote 16 pages. i picked a

leni i done 16 for part b and 13 for part a

pacific i done 16 pages.

MY HAND HURTS A HELL OF A LOT.

overall i think i performed solidly. i hope its a band 5 although i would be extactic if it was a 6. :D

goodluck to all those modern candidates :D

xoxo

so ummm who agrees with me that this chick talks so much shit that her breath smells of it???

itscatnip

HSC
yeah alright
and anyone who thinks they could possibly write... 77 pages i think it adds up to? in a 3 hours exam is most definitely lying their fucking asses off.

.Opinionated.

HSC
it was a reallyy gud exam i think

wwi- was great, ludendorf offensive was the onlii thing i had lookd over
germany- foreign policy was a great question i was expecting it coz it hadnt been askd b4, ii wrote 10 pages 4 that
personality- albert speer- (a) 5 pages (b) 7 pages
international studies-arab-israeli conflict-11 pages

im jst happii its all ovaaaaaaa:) :) :) :) :)

lilkev161

HSC
robreido said:
so ummm who agrees with me that this chick talks so much shit that her breath smells of it???
LOL! *hands up*! Sorry babe i wud stand up 4 u but times like these separate the real men from ass kissers!

robreido

HSC
so umm was i the only one who answered the question on the UN??.... lol so far i think I am... lol we werent even taught it in our class... o well.. hope evryone went well :p

-pari-

HSC
N/A
historykidd said:
Pari i've had well over your 989 posts on this forum. This is just one account.

I just felt like trolling annoying persons so kindly "fucking" let me be.

EDIT:

I take that back. Fuck everyone. Including you Pari you under achieving prick. And yes I am aware of the irony of people mocking my name with posts under 50 - thanks for validating my point.

:D
hahaha, dude - there's no need to get personal. i didn't. i pointed out that you should rectify your behaviour on a forum where all opinion including that of newbies, is accepted.

keep it cool. and no need for trolling ;)

crees

HSC
extraordinary07 said:
he has made it in the real world, he has you in the palm of his fucking hand.

by the tone of your post, i sense envy.

edit: btw welcome to bos :)
i dont think that being a complete arse on BOS is making it in the real world. Who cares wat he thinks - id like to see wat he has to say come december. 'historykidd' must be the most arrogrant name in the world, and unlike 'clariet' he hasnt made it in teh real world. BOS is NOT the real world

rpietriche

HSC
I don't know why everyone seems so comfortable about it! i think i did alright but i thought it was a difficult paper! I thought WWI was simple, no surprises, but the personality question was extremely ambiguous and really open to interpretation. i think if you argued it well either way you'd get the marks. Indochina- i had prepared that exact cambodia question so that was cool, and Russia- communist theory had plenty to it. Nonetheless i thought it was a challenging paper but an interesting one.

And page numbers means nothing- there are guys in my year who write 15 pages per essay but write 4 words per line.

Anyway- good luck for the rest of your exams!

sickdog12

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
hm world war one i wrote an odd 16+ pages for secition one...my hand hurts considerably.
ok sorry....i know this happened a while ago. i.e first page

BUT who the fuck and how the fuck do u right 16+ pages for section one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)