General Thoughts: Modern History (1 Viewer)

ajk92

HSC
sweet questions except i got pwned in the speer question. what did others doing speer think? a bomb question was mad
I thought the question fitted well for Speer. I said that he was a product of his timein the sense that he was invlved in antisemitism, and this wouldn't of occurrd if he wasn't living during the third Reich. And then I used historical perspectives to solidify that he was a product of his time as he was guilty of what was occurijg around him?

haruandyuki

HSC
sweet jesus that exam was lovely. i answered:
the pacific: atom bomb
personalities: leni riefenstahl
germany: weimar/rise of the nazi party

i miscalculated my time on germany though, and also forgot the names of some historians and resorted to making them up.. i hope the markers don't notice?

C-BAS

HSC
Stuffed up the last part of the core (women, bah, if they had stayed in the kitchen I wouldn't have had this problem! lol) and the personality (Speer was a product of fuck you).

But on the up side I'm confident about my two essays.

Physicswawa

HSC
omg that test was so fuking hard. Hey if i got like 10/25 for each of the sections do u think i will get over 90% from scaling?

Physicswawa

HSC
i am actually not trolling. i am being serious and the fact that you accused me of it makes me feel depressed that every1 looks down upon me

Physicswawa

HSC
And i am serious that i have no idea about modern history. thats y i posted to ask for some advice

Currlz

HSC
Fck up youstupid cunts...ffs...its over why ctalk about it...i smahed it..so what..?

Currlz

HSC
Arab-Israel was such a cow. I had hoped that it would be on the first half of the conflict but it wasn't. I literally said "fuck you" when I read it, and it screwed me over so badly; it and Speer.

Yeah well 1967 war shaping conflict is the main thing...so fucking learn to learn yos huit !

tjo176

HSC
thanks cem,

so do you roughly reckon a raw mark of mid 80's would be enough for a band 6, judging on your years as a maker?

Physicswawa

HSC
i am not whining. i am asking for advice and if some1 actually gave me advice for like 10th time then i may not have "fucked it"

nosh22

HSC
How did you disagree with the quote for Gorbachev, it was completely fitting. Growing up in the totalitation Stalinist regime during collectivisation clearly influenced his later policies attempting to reform communism and allow freedom of speech and information. Was a perfect question for Gorbi!
Don't make me feel like crap. I've finished my HSC. Don't take that great feeling away from me. I talked about Gorbachev in effect shaping the events and thus context of the 1980's and early 90's with his various policies and actions.... Blah blah blah. :ninja:

As long as you can argue it, it's fine. And that's what I did.

Last edited:

illa mc

HSC
Don't make me feel like crap. I've finished my HSC. Don't take that great feeling away from me. I talked about Gorbachev in effect shaping the events and thus context of the 1980's and early 90's with his various policies and actions.... Blah blah blah. :ninja:
fair enough, i basically said yes he did shape the period through his reforms but that
"The launching of perestroika was not a personal whim of Gorbachev's but a natural result of the emergence of a new generation of leaders." (a quote by Christian) and that ultimately his policies were a product of his context.. anyway, i'm sure you did fine and congrats on finishing, i still got two to go :(

Rosalily

HSC
Reading this doesn't make me feel confident far how could people write so much???? :(

This is how much I wrote:

America 1919-1941: 6.5
Personality: 8
Indo China: 4.5
Don't worry i looked at some of the standards packages and some of the people who got really good marks only wrote 4-6 pages. It really is quality over quantity.

nosh22

HSC
fair enough, i basically said yes he did shape the period through his reforms but that
"The launching of perestroika was not a personal whim of Gorbachev's but a natural result of the emergence of a new generation of leaders." (a quote by Christian) and that ultimately his policies were a product of his context.. anyway, i'm sure you did fine and congrats on finishing, i still got two to go :(
I've sent an e-mail to my teacher now, worried.
But I didn't think about that in the exam, since my base essay really involved Gorbachev being responsible for everything, lol. Good luck with the next two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)