General Thoughts: Modern History (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your overall thoughts of the exam here

Kilometrico

HSC
I don't understand the Board of Studies' preoccupation with détente and Afghanistan, they have been in a number of different papers, both together and separately and yet they choose to recycle them over covering other syllabus dot points that haven't been used.

jaev1n

HSC
I thought the Germany and Conflict in Europe questions were great!

Rectanglor

HSC
Meh, not overly hard, but also not overly easy.
Germany was probably my worst section :/

ArguablyMitch

HSC
WWI - Piss easy
Germany national study - fairly easy
Personality - not too bad hopefully good marks
Conflict in the Pacific - good question; not sure if I wrote enough but confident anway

Overall, Band 5 definitely - hopefully a good chance of a Band 6

jenslekman

HSC
pretty tough section 1 i reckon - or maybe it was just because you can't think properly in the beginning of the exam lol.

anyways, think i did well in ww1, russia, personality b).
okay in personality a)
and not so good with section 4 :(:(:(

Kieran95

HSC
I thought the Germany and Conflict in Europe questions were great!
Are you kidding?
I said just to my friends just before we walked into the hall "as long as we don't have a choice between german advances and civilians ill be set". Bad idea saying that.......fuck.

HSC
Most of the sections were ok (Germany was a bit iffy though) but my time management was not too good :( I managed to finish, but I don't think I wrote enough for some of the sections :( AAaah well, no Modern for the rest of my life!! ;)

HAZZA12

HSC
was the answer to the first question in the ww1 section: both statements are correct? i hope that is correct cause i dont know if ransacked means attacked??!!

pb1234

HSC
was the answer to the first question in the ww1 section: both statements are correct? i hope that is correct cause i dont know if ransacked means attacked??!!
thats what i got!

HSC
That's what I got- ransacked means stealing things and damaging, so I think it's the right option

Rectanglor

HSC
Yeah, that's what I got :)

emmmasson12

HSC
Yeah I felt pretty good about it overall.

For some reason i actually thought multiple choice was the hardest part of that exam =]
Germany: was really good cause I know rise of nazi really well, would have been fucked it i had to talk about foreign policy
Personally: quite straight forward. went well with albert Speer
Indochina: anything i can link the geneva conference to makes me a happy bunny

on the whole i think it was a a good and fair exam

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Damn ^I don't remember if I put that for multiple choice:S oh well it's over now, can't do anything about it.

Well I WAS feeling okay with WW1 but idk yet. Pretty confident with personality a) and b) I hope I did okay, I felt confident doing it though.

Germany (I chose question a) I didn't want to do foreign policy, didn't feel TOO confident in it to make a whole essay about it. Conflict in the pacific... I believe is my lowest out of all the sections. I've never been good at that topic, I find no interest in it. >.>

nicolarobin

HSC
Ugh angry with my germany national study response... chose a) but halfway through regretted it and had no time to change :'(

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Foreign policy was nice for germany.
Thank god they put a homefronts question in for europe, I knew nothing else haha

enoilgam

HSC
What were the questions for Germany, the personality section and Conflict in Europe?

ArguablyMitch

HSC
Conflict in the pacific... I believe is my lowest out of all the sections. I've never been good at that topic, I find no interest in it. >.>
What question did you do? I was stoked because I know Japan's defeat pretty well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)