General Thoughts of Industrial Technology Timber Exam (1 Viewer)

Salehhh

HSC
How'd you people find the exam? Multiple choice was probs the most difficult. But overall, found it alright.

hcornay

HSC
Overall easy except the plinth quesdtion which I don't think I'll get full marks for.

MC was OK. You just had to read carefully. Corrected two MC just b4 the end of the exam, that I had done wrong ! :awesome:

I used biscuit joint for alternative to the butt joint. What did everyone else do?

16 a) Wasn't too sure what what to write, but I got 1 page
16 b) Open ended - Allowed me to write 3.5 pages of general safety stuff I learnt from other subjects :D
Isn't a biscuit joint as type of widening joint?
I did a dovetail joint for that one

Salehhh

HSC
I don't do timber, but for section 3, did you guys actually talk about strategies to establish and maintain a safe work culture? or did you just write about safety equipment and techniques?
What long-term strategies (in order to maintain safe work culture) did you guys talk about?
Yeh i spoke aboustrategies to establish and maintain safe work culture.. (safe working scheme such as someone is outsourced as a speaclist too explain to staff. Also spoke about regulations, incentives, investment in PPE etc..)

and yeh i also used dovetail joint

hcornay

HSC
What was the answer to question 6 of the multiple choice the one about the purpose of dovetailed nailing in timber?

mr_timn

HSC
To strengthen the joint (I think that was D?), it makes it less easy for the nail to get forced back out

mr_timn

HSC
Our teacher reckoned it was the easiest paper he had seen in a long time, I'm annoyed I got the bent nail question wrong, I had to get the out all the time on my project, too bad I couldn't find pincers and just kept using pliers instead...

hcornay

HSC
yeah Q7 was 1:25. Q8 the one about the aim of sustainable forestry I think i answered D instead of C. Im pretty sure its C but im not sure.

Jacques0130

HSC
The exam wasn't bad but I missed the part of the diagram that pointed out the plinth... So I had no idea what a plinth was and described attaching a completely different piece of a cabinet... :punch: haha

Any-mouse95

HSC
what did you get for the last MC question about the laquers? was it b or d?

hcornay

HSC
The exam wasn't bad but I missed the part of the diagram that pointed out the plinth... So I had no idea what a plinth was and described attaching a completely different piece of a cabinet... :punch: haha
Made that mistake as well, lost an easy three marks and I got (D) for the last question

hcornay

HSC
does anyone know what the b6 cut off will be for this subject?

cnewbs

HSC
i thought the multiple choice was the easiest ever!
only one i didn't get was the one about the dovetail nail.. because when you use a dovetail joint you don't use nail, so i was confused.

cnewbs

HSC
i used a stopped rebate joint, it was all i could think of really

cnewbs

HSC
i think i did d, i can't remember which one was which. but when we left the exam we went and talked to our teacher and one of the other boys had the opposite to what i had only to realise he didn't double the answer for the two coats.

cnewbs

HSC
i said to rebate bits of wood in the corners of the plinth then screw up through the bottom of the cabinet to attach it.
if there wasn't a diagram pointing out what the plinth was i wouldnt of had any idea either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)