General Thoughts on 2005 Examination (1 Viewer)

ruffey08

HSC
so does wireless but IR is usually line of sight and wireless can go through walls

gavmen

HSC
wireless i said distance limitations because walls sap the energy out of the signal, but it can go around walls, and the power that you use in the transmitter of a headphones wireless is pretty low powered...

indeecent

for IR, its point to point and can be obstructed by poeple and other objects due to its small wavelength,

for the radio, interference and the fact to get a decent quality u will need an antenna half the size of the wavelength, which would be larger than that of the IR, and if u read the question, its for use in the entertainment area, so walls are no issue, how many people watch tv without being in the room?

and its not so much effected by distance but by interference and obstructions as the distance grows.

and that exam was a piece of piss compared to my trial, i was expecting it to be alot harder, but i answered every single question, did the drawings perfect (how many of yas actually left the copper thing out of the 1st sectioned drawing ;)...)
and pretty much every question was over answered, the lines where not enough for what i had to say, i double checked every question and made sure i picked up the keywords and answered exactly what they wanted.

all in all, im extremely happy about how it went

Last edited:

MoNNiE

HSC
Congratulations everyone on finishing 2005 HSC Engineering Studies examination :)

I'm sure you all tried your best! Don't kick yourself in the gut if you don't receive the marks you wanted, remember ITS only the HSC!

the test was scheduled pretty early this year! :S i remember my exam was on the 7th of November!

johno34

HSC
I over answered pretty much every question. The drawings were a bitch. And some of the mutiple choice questions were confusing. But overall the test wasn't that hard. I was expecting it to be harder especially the responses. They didn't tend to tell us much about the heat treatment of materials and fibre optics as much as in other years.

ruffey08

HSC
What did everyone get for the reproducing of the carrier signal question and the truss question

mattplaysguitar

HSC
For the carrier signal i got a straight line. um for the truss i wroked out that the reaction on the wall must be 20Kn, so therefore there must be a horizontal force acting directly opposite that reaction. then you had to work out what angle the beam was at, and you could draw up a triangle and solve with trig. i think i got about 18 or 19 kn, but i just went and did it then and i realised it should be more than 20Kn, dammit. i got about 22kn just then, ahh shit. for that truck one i got 4 slabs. this multiple choice everyone keeps going on about, if you looked at the top of the hat it had a little lump where the plastic is fed into, so it must have been injection moulding, cause there was a damn hole in there for it! the first drawing i thought was hard to work out the dimensions, but it was easy to draw when you worked it out, and the second drawing was easy as. i just basicaly said distance for the headphones. what else was in the exam...oh i cant remember, but i wish they had some tricky friction problems cause i love them and they are always really easy when you know the right technique, dammit. but yeah, overall i thought it was a medium exam, it had too little of the technical stuff that i like but yeah, i should go alright. i thought i wasnt going to go that well for the trials cause i only did 2 hrs study, but i ended up getting 90.5 so who knows, they never seem to mark engineering as hard as physics and chem

Last edited:

lars101

yep

yeah i got 4.11 slabs and about 21.6kN for the AB member, headphones were much the same, the drawings sucked pretty hard but i think i scraped a few marks out of them.
there wasnt a question on innovations in technology such as bike gearing or cranes or anything like that, which was a huge relief. nothing on microstructure of heat-treated materials, hell, not ANYTHING on heat treated materials.
i went into that pretty worried, came out totally stoked, id like to think i did really well, and with everyone getting the same answers i did...... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

now to face modules :(

lars101

yep same here, was piss easy, sum of moments about A = 0, and just use the combined force on the wheels, seeing as the weight is the equalibriant, and do it as F x d for that moment = 1600mm

richz

matt since u remeber the truss question can u draw it for me thnx :)

itsbeenfun

HSC
dont forget that the wireless headphones need bettery power to work, hence the need to be recharged, this is also a limitation

mattplaysguitar

HSC
i think it was something like this, i know the distances are correct, the truss placing may be different but that is irrelivent.

lars101

oh yeah and i noticed there wasnt anything on bioengineering like whether a medical pin should be cast or forged, nor any question other than the very first hardhat question, asked about forming processes. all the questions were pretty similar and didnt seem to cover the whole course, but ohwell, made it easier for me

Nixwizit

HSC
dancing_unicorn said:
WEll i got pretty much of the same answers (if i remembered correctly) but with the extension of the cable i got a different answer i think i got 3mm or was it my memory playing up again.lol.

yeah i ended up with 3.2 mm for that PL/eA extension question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)