General thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

Lions_Fist

HSC
Mmm I think the test was reasonable easy in most parts. There were a few different questions, like the one in medical physics about "How would you determine if your sources were reliable?" :p but nothing unachievable.
In general though, the questions basically tested some of the course knowledge, without any of it being overly difficult or unexpected.
I'd say 85-90 raw...

philthy

HSC
this exam was much better then i expected....way better then 2005.
i didnt like the GPE question. i think I got the copper bar questions all right... i worked out the distance between them to be 3cm, did anyone else get this??

g||n

HSC
i thought it was ok, but i know there were some wuestions that i got wrong just from thinking about them afterwards. just a few stupid mistakes.
Ha after getting through the space section without any relativity was like SCORE!!.. but then they threw it in with the cathode ray stuff haha. at least it was still pretty easy.

Ether

HSC
williams180 said:
i thought generally it was hard there were many things i felt if i had studied say 6 hours a night i could have got correct. However i feel i got about 95 to 100 percent

dude are you doing accelerated or something?

95-100 crazy, but i dont get say you had "many things" you "could have got correct"? and get those scores, quite a paradox lol

Mumma

HSC
I liked the exam, much better than 2005. 2005 was more like an English paper.

AlienC

HSC
im pretty sure i didnt do well, even though it felt like i did in the exam.
such a failure.

NDSUTHERLAND

HSC
Woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo
The worst one's over (I HATE PHYSICS). did the best i've done in physics so far i think which will do ok i spose. Been the best exam so far but i've only had english :worried:
What was hard
- Quanta to Quarks (cyclotrons) wtf was with the australian nuclear question??
- Multi choice - the generator with handle. DC Current always flows????
otherwise rest went ok........................ :bomb:

bellanchez

HSC
i hope i get above 80... got 75 in trial but didnt study that much.
how fucked was that energy, work question. i wish it to die

Dark Phoenix

HSC
Physics was a good except for the multiple choice and that question involving potential energy calculations. to my surprise it was a little similar to the catholic triall 2006 paper with the galvanometer, discharge tubes, safety and risks. i also realised that there wasnt many questions involving specific motors and generators which was great! and the quanta to quarks section was so freakin easy. i reckon i got 25 out of 25 for it! and i do agree that this exam was alot easier than previous ones.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Yeah, this paper is relatively easy. Well, that's if you have studied. If you didn't, it was still not too bad.

I only studied for few hours total for physics and I believed I did well, at least 75% raw; MC got me, short answers are ok and I like my option, Medical Physics.

punk_tartan

HSC
very fair and simple exam, option was very good, the longer answer questions were simple and good :)

only need more room to write :mad:

damn verbal dioherra

xxPanDa

HSC
BEST physics PAPER i've ever done
definately easier than rest
multiple choice was hard...

sooo easy i'm scaried they might not scale

Irskin

HSC
I thought it was overall a pretty good paper. I had some trouble with a couple of multiple choices and the gravitational potential energy and distance between the rods question but i think im looking at 85-90 as a raw mark

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
I thought it was a heaps easy test - there were no weird questions like last yeqar and that bubble chamber one.

Although I stuffed up the distance between the 2 wires question...oh well

MUR0031

Papa- Smurph
HSC
I'm so glad it wasn't as bad as last years HSC, but the multiple choice was a tad tricky. Good luck to you all for Maths next week.

shsshs

HSC
anything between 85-90 is reallly really good given the way the HSC is strictly criteria marked.

i hope for 90%

wogboy_jimmy

HSC
maybe everyone should say they found it incredibly hard, and then our marks will be scaled...

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
hmmm was a pretty good paper...
i proli just passed- but for me that is good and is what i was hoping for :)
multiple choice had a few tuffies...
and i didnt know the mass of the rod :p i did this uber long equation of my own lol... ummm projectile motion was stuffed lol i've never understood that...i've tried alot...but yeah dunno if i did it right in the end...
anyhooooz....PHYSICS IS OVERRR!!!
3 TO GO! :jaw:

klaw

HSC
It was funny. Last night, after a while of cramming I thought to myself, "Fuck it... I seriously cbfed teaching myself the whole phys course tonight... I did alright in business and I can't see myself screwing anything else up completely so it's fine if I just fail it." So I turned up to the exam with around 1/3 of the course learnt from the night before expecting to get around 30-40%. Then I started doing the exam, and to my amazement I knew how to do most of the questions!!! I was especially pleased when I figured out how to do some of the harder questions on the spot, such as some of the harder calculation questions. But then I guess I'm still screwed coz I've got a shitty internal rank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)