General Thoughts On The Exam (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Shall edit on my return from the frivolous war that is the HSC.

EDIT: I must admit my feelings regarding this exam are somewhat mixed. Although overall i am happy with it
On numerous occasions i discovered questions that exposed an inner delight; these questions were a pleasure to answer. The initial allure provided by the Multple Choice however, (Of which i found most fair and restrained) were soured by some aspects of the Short answer sections. Firstly many of the questions had grossly miscaluclated mark allocations. These "6 markers" were at times narrow and shallow in their scope, somewhat limiting one's ability to achieve full marks. Despite this, i believe i overcame such limitations. One or two questions were ambigious and poorly phrased. To be fair, there were many brilliant questions there, and dispite my critiscisms all were fair and appropriate.

Regaring extended responses, these were the paper's highlight. The report gave ample opportunity for the discussion of the syllabus content and relationships that existed among the topics. This was mirrored in the final section, where question 28 capped off what i found to be a reasonable exam.

Overall it was a challenging but fair assesment of our knowledge of course content.

And with that, we say aideu to Business Studies. It shall be sorley missed ( no sarcastic undertones intended)

Last edited:

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
How'd you go?

I think I went all right.

There were some hella tricky questions werent there? Like wtf was with ecological question about the chemical manufacturing plant?

Aswell as the last question, I did the industrial conflict one and the effective management of change. I found it tricky to incorporate case studies into that one!!

But on the multiple choice side, I found them unusually straight-forward!

So, how do you think you went? And was this your last exam? It was for me, IM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :)

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
I liked it. I thought it was generally straight forward, and even though the last question was slightly different to what I was expecting, I think I did pretty well.

7th Sign

HSC
Yeah i thought it was pretty easy I was ready for 26/28 didnt make stupid mistkaes like in the trial I did 10 more pages on 28 compared to my trial I think i may have stuffed up around 5 mc questions...some were a bit iffy like it seems their was 2 option?

oh well hope i can get like 80% i hope!!!!!!!

DNOMYAR

It was hard...THe questions was not straightforward especially the short answers and OMG i didnt study any case studies on emplyment relations! =( made it up =D

vaniLLa_554

HSC
yea i think it was alright..mc and short answer was okay.. i agree, that ecological conflict was weird but i made up somethin lol
and i liked the business report question.. spent 1 hour ...
the extended response, i did 28, i finished but i couldve written a LOT more..just didnt have time

~SeXcSuM~

HSC
im soo happy global wasnt in the last question!!! yay :D its over!!!!!!

Pixydust*

yeah i think some of the short answers were impossible !! it was like 'what the?!'! the stimulus based report was okay, but the others were strange...

hipPo3

HSC
It was pretty easy overall . The answeres just popped in my head. I finished 30 mins before so i left. Wrote quite a fair amount on the essays.

Haks

HSC
pretty wierd paper. some of the multi choice were a bit tricky. the short answers were also a bit iffy. it pissed me off how there were 3 6 mark questions. its gonna be quiet hard to get a full 6, which leaves room for a loss a few marks here n there. ah section 3 was ok i guess and i think i ran outta time for the last part. i am expecting late 80s. but it looks like a few ppl found it tricky, so the standard might be lower relative to other years...ah well....desperately needed a band six for biz n eco...

margareth

hak52c said:
pretty wierd paper. some of the multi choice were a bit tricky. the short answers were also a bit iffy. it pissed me off how there were 3 6 mark questions. its gonna be quiet hard to get a full 6, which leaves room for a loss a few marks here n there. ah section 3 was ok i guess and i think i ran outta time for the last part. i am expecting late 80s. but it looks like a few ppl found it tricky, so the standard might be lower relative to other years...ah well....desperately needed a band six for biz n eco...
i agree the 6 markers were like what the hell? LOL

sippi

HSC
business was horrible

i thought section 2 was heaps hard hey! I sat there for like 10 mins just looking at it. multiple choice was pretty basic, ill probz get some wrong. Global question = shit, ER question (i chose 28) i thought was really easy..
hoping for 70s..
Wooooooooooooooo No more finance!!!!!!

deanomyte

HSC
I was happy with the exam, i wanted a good exam to end my HSC on and i happy with it. I loved the business report, managed 18 pages in that and 10 in the essay. Im happy with it all. Some of the 6 mark questions in short answer were a tad trippy though...

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
I thought it was probably the most challenging business studies exam i've done. Although I was more prepared for it than my trial, I think I did similarly in terms of marks. I stuffed up section 4, so I lost quite a lot of marks there. Section 3 i thought was good. the short answers were very iffy, some hard questions there and the multiple choice had some questions i didn't have a clue for. So overall a very hard exam. Nothing left to do now but wait for my mark.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
quite an ok exam...less marketing and financial formulas than i expected, i dont think ill go good in it, i couldnt remmber alot of strategies and was clueless for most of it.

Dan1e1a

HSC
can anyone tell me what they got for the multiple choice questions?

Jexi

HSC
I loved it. I would do it again and again (well not really). But yea some of the questions were tricky...:S I just hope they buy it :p

xxASCxxSupxx

HSC
wow .. someone wrote 18 pages for the business report? i didn't even know they had they much paper in this world. i did 1 booklet and a half for the report and 1 same for the essay and i thought i was on fire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)