General Thoughts On The Exam (1 Viewer)

June87

HSC
omg....18 pages for a biznez report?! omg.... i think the section 2 was a killer...especially the 3 6 marks questions... it wasn't tat easy....the report was ok...but the section4 almost killed me too...hoping to get a 70+....

caligem

Uni Dropout
HSC
eeeeek!!! i thought it was the worst business exam ive ever done! mc and the essay/reports were ok, but man, those short answers were CRAZY! i was so lost! im supposed to be the business star of my skool, but im tellin u now, i am SCREWED. There goes my only chance at a band 6... ah dear... there was about 5 short answers that i didnt get straight away, including two six-markers, and 3 of them i dont think i even came close with my answer!!! but it is over, and it is too late for regrets...

k-la

HSC
i thought it was a gr8 exam!!! for once i managed my time well... but u know what screwed me over, was that question on finance questions based on efficency strategies...that have an effect on working capital... i h8 finace!!!!! NO MORE FOREVER YAY!

jackcass2

multiple choice was easy (at least 17)
section ii: got like most my marks here, spent so long on it. i thought this was easy.
section iii: only had about 35mins for this bit and wrote 5 pages (small writing)
section iv: only had about 30mins for this and got 3.5 pages in
i reckon probs about 75 to 85 raw mark for me. i got tie rank 1 in my school with only 30students and pretty dissapointed with this exam but oh well.

Mr Mike

HSC
N/A
i think i went pretty decent considering the amount of study i put in. i was pissed off that the last question wasn't on globalisation, because i studied that in a fair amount of detail. but i still managed to write a whole booklet on the rights and obligations of employers.
only me and this other guy were the only two who stayed for the full 3 hours.

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
lol. i went through the 2001 business studies hsc exemplar short answers, last night. the funny thing is that this exams Short answer structure was the same, with a lot of 6 marker evalutions. well i just structured each as was done in 2001 best and brightest. i gave a little introduction to the issues in the question, defined what was needed and ended it with a little evaluation. it was a good exam on that part, as they instead of just asking topic by topic, mixed topics together and also got questions from the deepest darkest area of the syllabus. WHILE THE EXAM WASNT THAT HARD, A GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF THE SYLLABUS WAS REQUIRED, AND THUS IT CONSTITUTES AS A FAIR EXAM.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think the exam was alright.. considering it had a large sylalbus but they didn't ask much which required 'raw knowledge of the syllabus', it was pretty straightforward =]

7th Sign

HSC
xxASCxxSupxx said:
wow .. someone wrote 18 pages for the business report? i didn't even know they had they much paper in this world. i did 1 booklet and a half for the report and 1 same for the essay and i thought i was on fire.

18 pages is ez I could have done like 30 pages for Questions 26 if I had more time and like a better hand :cool:

Danny_the_lad

Case studies?

Hey guys.. just wondering.. was it ESSENTIAL to use a case study in Q27/28.??? I had a couple lined up but i didnt think it was appropriate for the question so i didnt write about one.
Let me know what u think..
Thanks guys

Lucan\'

HSC
Hmmmmm Business...

Really don't know how I went.

Screwed up simple shit like the first multiple choice and the first short answer! argh! I agree with the unfairness of the multiple 6 markers.

Am I the only person who found the exam really biased towards ethics and the 'strategy' parts of each chapter!? Yet barely any global, marketing....and they were the fattest chapters that most people would have studied their asses off for!

However, in saying that, I would like to thank Joanne from the advice line who helped me last night and got me some marks today in relation to hedging, the accuonts receivable ratio and foreign direct investment haha

IT'S ALL OVER FOR ME!

please scale. please.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Danny_the_lad said:
Hey guys.. just wondering.. was it ESSENTIAL to use a case study in Q27/28.??? I had a couple lined up but i didnt think it was appropriate for the question so i didnt write about one.
Thanks guys

It was essential. The rubric says:

In your answer you will be assesed on how well you:
-Use your knowledge and relevant case study/studies

One of the teachers at my school (A HSC Judge marker) said the maximum you can hope for is 15/20 if you didnt include a case study

Mz_mE

Hoxton Park, Sydney (under a rock with the turtles
HSC
omg i cant believe i got the financial calculations in multiple choice right.. i always always get the wrong.. half yearlies, trials financial was always bad.. i always used to get those Qs wrong.. my teacher even wrote in my report i need to improve in that area.. so happy.. lol but i doubt i had that luck with short answer financial Q..

i rekon all the 6 mark question were all worded weird especially the financial 1. they should've made more 4 marks instead of 6, 6 marks is too much 2 lose if u dont know 1 question

Danny_the_lad said:
Thanks guys

Definitely needed a case study

nak

HSC
yeh...it wasn't "too" hard, but not "too" easy aswell.
There were a number of social and ethical questions which was a surprise for me (lol), and no Global Questions......which i studied the most...(lol)
Lucky i studied E.R yesterday^^

dragon fan

Mz_mE said:
omg i cant believe i got the financial calculations in multiple choice right.. i always always get the wrong.. half yearlies, trials financial was always bad.. i always used to get those Qs wrong.. my teacher even wrote in my report i need to improve in that area.. so happy.. lol but i doubt i had that luck with short answer financial Q..

What were the answers to the financial calculations in the multiple choice.
I left my paper in there but i think i got 1:4 for one question and 12.5% for the next question

Shanan

Lumen Ex Tenebris
HSC
No global??

Hey, i thought the exam was pretty straight forward. But i wish exam writters would use commas in there questions. I think i spent half my time decoding the questions due to all the grammatical errors

People are saying that there were no global questions. But wasnt the whole section in part II on the Australian chemical plant relocating overseas and the report on part III (Australian company considering international expension!) all to do with globalisation????

Kabbageau

I'm awesome
HSC
Twas a little late. Forgot my calculator. Good start.

You know something is wrong with the test when you have four "b"'s in a row for the first four questions of the multiple choice sheet. I swear there should never, EVER be more than 3 in a row of the same letter in multiple choice tests!!

The rest was meh...but I managed to crap on for 9 pages in the business report - while managing 4.5 pages for the essay (Which had case studies fresh from my arse).

Looking at a low 70's.

forceblade

HSC
7th Sign said:
18 pages is ez I could have done like 30 pages for Questions 26 if I had more time and like a better hand :cool:
whats your point? everyone can do 30 pages if we have "time" and our hands dont get tired, he meant its hard to believe that he can write 18 in exame, which you couldnt.

Ataturk

too easy. I finished MC and short answers in 55 minutes. i relaxed for 5 minutes and spent 5 minutes catching mosquitos which had been eating my legs all exam.

nothing was a challenge. i doubt it will get adjusted very well if at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)