General Thoughts: PDHPE (1 Viewer)

electricckid

HSC
i did health of young people and sports med. i thought it was alright :) although they were too specific (with resiliency and coping skills) which is a dot point of a dot point

E

Effekt

For the breast and lung cancer did anyone else talk about behavioural and hereditary factors? I just talked about them as the risk factors then for the groups at risk i listed the dash points from the syllabus as epidemiology suggests they are most at risk of health inequities.

I did Sports Medicine and Improving Performance.

youmadbra

HSC
N/A
For Climate I included (temperature regulation-hypothermia,hyperthermia, convection, conduction, evaporation, radiation. environmental considerations-rain,wind,humidity,pollution. Fluid intake, Acclimitisation)
Technology (Lactate threshold/Biomechanical analysis/Speedo LZR) <-- Talked about them creating unfair competition to those that cannot afford them... but seriously 12marks? What else could you have said that creates unfair competition? Lame.

Exotic

HSC
Easier than what I expected. Im expecting at least an 80/100 in this one. There were few challenging questions in MC and short answers, but overall it was a pretty easy paper.

Exotic

HSC
For Climate I included (temperature regulation-hypothermia,hyperthermia, convection, conduction, evaporation, radiation. environmental considerations-rain,wind,humidity,pollution. Fluid intake, Acclimitisation)
Technology (Lactate threshold/Biomechanical analysis/Speedo LZR) <-- Talked about them creating unfair competition to those that cannot afford them... but seriously 12marks? What else could you have said that creates unfair competition? Lame.
The bold part, that's what I answered for the 12 marker as well. Then i realised that we actually had to answer the climatic conditions only (rain, wind...) Hopefully they'll give me marks for that :)

E

Effekt

Yeah i ended up rattling on about how the world records broken today aren't fair on those who made the world records in the past without the aid of technology.

youmadbra

HSC
N/A
For the breast and lung cancer did anyone else talk about behavioural and hereditary factors? I just talked about them as the risk factors then for the groups at risk i listed the dash points from the syllabus as epidemiology suggests they are most at risk of health inequities.

I talked about the determinants (sociocultural, socioeconomic, and environmental) and somehow linked it, i.e. socioeconomically disadvantaged individuals are at high risk of lung cancer due to inadequate income and lack of education etc etc

VicariousLife

HSC
i dont know how people left so early after that exam :S
it was pretty easy, i was expecting harder
and how the eff did you all write extra booklets for the ottawa charter and cancer question?!? its quality over quantity!
Because I'm a retard. I actually accept this. Don't worry! Haha.

youmadbra

HSC
N/A
Technology q. was ridiculous, you'd expect them to promote technological innovation since the world is advancing

o_0

HSC
They expect everyone to memorise the syllabus, so questions like the distinguish the better students from the average

o_0

HSC
Technology q. was ridiculous, you'd expect them to promote technological innovation since the world is advancing
and by the way it, it was asking "to what extent" so you need to formulate a sustained argument and then conclude with your personal statement

you argue the pros and cons and then come up with an opinion

youmadbra

HSC
N/A
The bold part, that's what I answered for the 12 marker as well. Then i realised that we actually had to answer the climatic conditions only (rain, wind...) Hopefully they'll give me marks for that :)
They'd have to give us marks, because they specifically for STRATEGIES - As far as I know, fluid intake and acclimitisation correspond to those climatic conditions. I also included clothing and stuff like that.

electricckid

HSC
ok so here are my answers. i usually struggle with mc so only expecting like 14-20 for that. but i usually go really well in written answers.
1b
2b
3C
4B
5D
6A
7A
8D
9C
10B
11C
12C
13D
14A
15B
16C
17D
18A
19D
20C

youmadbra

HSC
N/A
and by the way it, it was asking "to what extent" so you need to formulate a sustained argument and then conclude with your personal statement

you argue the pros and cons and then come up with an opinion
Yeah Well I did, I argued that i.e. biomechanical analysis has numerous benefits i.e. correction/improvement of technique.

I know what "to what extent means" , I'm just saying the only CON you could really have is that some people can't afford it in relation to "UNFAIR COMPETITION"

matthewhearne

HSC
The climatic conditions question you only had to talk about temperature,wind, rain, humidity, altitude, and pollution. Technology question you could have talked about any new technology in any sport so there was heaps to write about. Personally i hated the Ottawa Charter question and wrote way too much about it and wasted time on it :/ multi choice was pretty good only a couple i was unsure of. Climatic conditions is an annoying 12 marker considering there is so much other stuff in sports med! Overall a bit of an unusual exam for PE with a lot of specifics but it think i went alright. Have to wait and see i guess!

damo_g

HSC
Didn't study much for this exam. The subject doesn't really interest me and it is only gonna count for 1 unit. Still did okay but not great.

Looking at 16/20 on MC.

Did alright in health priorities in australia. 3 marker was easy and i did well on the 7 marker. The 8 marker wasn't great for me though, i'd say i'll pick up 4-5 marks. Didn't go so well in factors affecting performance, the first 2 were easy but my answers in the last 2 weren't very good. I should get pretty much full marks for the part (a)s of sports med and improving performance. I'm not sure about the 12 markers though. I realise after reading this thread that i didn't talk about enough strategies for sports med one and my answer was pretty limited in improving performance.

B_Ovington

HSC
DR.ABCD is the primary assessment tool for injuries, however, TOTAPS is the secondary assessment tool, and the most commonly used in a sporting context :) That throws people abit.
I thought the marks allocated to the question were abit shit. For the options, there was so much you could write, but it was only worth 3 marks.
Overall, a fair test. It's what I expected, nothing that hard really.

ALSO; Anyone notice question 1 of the multiple choice ? they gave you the answer in the short response.

Last edited:

shermy

HSC
DR.ABCD is the primary assessment tool for injuries, however, TOTAPS is the secondary assessment tool, and the most commonly used in a sporting context :) That throws people abit.
I thought the marks allocated to the question were abit shit. For the options, there was so much you could write, but it was only worth 3 marks.
Overall, a fair test. It's what I expected, nothing that hard really.
that is the stupidest thing i've ever seen. dr.abcd is basically for you 'see someone in trouble you do that', not for injuries A DERP.

As for the paper, i defecated on it. However they were possibly the worst questions i have ever seen.

nZep

HSC
where did you get DRABCD from didnt the question ask what are types of soft tissue injuries? not the management?
That is way too extreme a 12 marker you're only expected to write 3.5 pages and for a what 8 marker or something you wrote 4 pages? time wasted.

If you knew your syllabus it was quite easy the only question i hated was the one on objective and subjective to improve performance i knew what they were just hard to write on paper. Oh and and on the option (sports med) i forgot what the 'APS' was in TOTAPS so i just made it up, meh i should still get marks. Did anyone else write DRABCD BEFORE TOTAPS? Cause my textbook said you should do DRABCD before TOTAPS so i wrote that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)