Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your overall thoughts of the exam here

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
The Improving Performance question on Planning and Overtraining was a bit ambiguous...

Madridismo

HSC
The Improving Performance question on Planning and Overtraining was a bit ambiguous...
Agreed, I did quite the opposite I wrote about planning a training session and was still able to link it to the question and over training..Most others talked about subphases, climate/season etc...

Aysce

HSC
Fun fun fun. I gave it my all and I'm hoping that I get 95+ raw :)

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed, I did quite the opposite I wrote about planning a training session and was still able to link it to the question and over training..Most others talked about subphases, climate/season etc...
Yea, I wasn't sure what to talk about, so I mentioned all of them briefly. Had no idea what they wanted... :S.

youseff_01

HSC
i talked about planning the training program over weeks and tapering before the event and mentioned nutrition

mkirsner

HSC
There's a dot point in the syllabus that refers to
- Planning to avoid overtraining
- Amount and Intensity
- Psychological Strategies
- Physiological Strategies

Talked about that and then referred to periodisation, tapering and peaking.

Abanious

HSC
N/A
lol i vaguely mentioned periodisation, but i just said how training programs need to be planned accordingly to ensure players are overloaded with work and have sufficient recovery and some other bullshit. i didnt like that question

waves2xv14

HSC
it was an awesome exam apart from that improving performance one where i just chucked in at least 3 syllabus points just to cover everything. did anyone else get a lot of D's in multiple choice? D:

vonz1

HSC
Was pretty easy. However that 3 marker health priorities on 3 examples of old people organisations I had no clue. I just said nursing homes australia, meals on wheels, and made one up called 'Age Assist Australia'.

Do I have potential for any marks?

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
Was pretty easy. However that 3 marker health priorities on 3 examples of old people organisations I had no clue. I just said nursing homes australia, meals on wheels, and made one up called 'Age Assist Australia'.

Do I have potential for any marks?
I wouldn't worry mate! Haha, sounds like you got the three :) I two of your ones than another random thing. Think I can get 2 for that :p

miranda94

HSC
I liked it! overall I'm very happy. i didn't think it was at all easy, but i was well prepared so nothing was that hard for me.

the multiple choice was easier than i expected, unless i just got fooled on some and actually did terribly?
all short answers were good, the carer and volunteer organisations was a bit unexpected but still managed fine

the options (mine were sports medicine and improving performance) were more challenging, and a little odd but still not that bad

has anyone scanned the multiple choice? i gave my only copy of the whole test to my teacher!!

Ryan_T90

HSC
Too easy, loved almost every question, especially from Core 1 and 2.

The only question that really made me think was the question in one of my options, Improving Performance that asked about Planning and Overtraining. Oh, and I think I may have forgot the heading 'Warm-Up, Cool Down and Stretching' in the first question of Sports Medicine about Physical Preparation.

andrew3

HSC
Wasn't the 'planning' and 'overtraining' question just a bit of a reworded version of the syllabus point "planning to avoid overtraining
-amount and intensity of training
-physiological considerations, eg lethargy, injury
-psychological considerations, eg, loss of motivation"?

2xL

HSC
Wasn't the 'planning' and 'overtraining' question just a bit of a reworded version of the syllabus point "planning to avoid overtraining
-amount and intensity of training
-physiological considerations, eg lethargy, injury
-psychological considerations, eg, loss of motivation"?
Definitely had to link it in with planning for a training year in terms of phases and peaking and tapering and the like to really reach the top band answers.

As for the exam, I thought it was relatively straight forward and nothing too difficult.

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely had to link it in with planning for a training year in terms of phases and peaking and tapering and the like to really reach the top band answers.

As for the exam, I thought it was relatively straight forward and nothing too difficult.
how did you? it was specific to the dot point...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)