General Thoughts: Physics (1 Viewer)

foothead

HSC
Very good exam!!

A whole year of stressing for that!! :p

Only bit I didn't like was everyone celebrating for finishing while im stuck with an exam next week :p

Last edited:

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
Very good exam!!

A whole year of stressing for that!! :p

Only but I didn't like was everyone celebrating for finishin while im stuck with an exam next week :p
Oh how I feel your pain -.-.

Username2

HSC
N/A
Was really quite straight forward except for silly mistakes. Ugh forgot what to use for distance half-way through the exam (ie. whether it was altitude or that plus radius of the earth)

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
One of my students wrote 6 extra booklets for the Q2Q option, hahaha.

and another one wrote 4

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah not great idea to annoy the marker who holds your marks in his hand haha. They might have a mark for communicating clearly too so =\

deebsm

HSC
I was shocked that the only projectile motion question was the one in multiple choice... Shame, I like projectile motion.
Loved the option topic though. I had learnt everything! and could answer everything. All up i grabbed 6 extra booklets for the whole test because i just blabbed on and on and on about it just to waste some time. :p

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah not great idea to annoy the marker who holds your marks in his hand haha. They might have a mark for communicating clearly too so =\
This is true! He is my top student, I sometimes thinks he knows too much. It's funny though, he can write a page for a 4 mark answer, showing a logical progression of ideas and communicating ideas clearly, hahaha.

Bobbo1

HSC
idk, y people think that writting more means higher marks, for the higher mark questions more often that not a mark is a allocated for a clear and concise answer, meaning they are not only testing how much u know abut physics but how effectively u can use your literacy skills to communicate this

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
it wasn't extremely hard, but it had a couple of questions that made you think
all in all, i liked it :) probably best exam out of all of them

so glad i'm finished

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
idk, y people think that writting more means higher marks, for the higher mark questions more often that not a mark is a allocated for a clear and concise answer, meaning they are not only testing how much u know abut physics but how effectively u can use your literacy skills to communicate this
Not too sure about concise ever being marked. I know coherent and logical are

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
Not too sure about concise ever being marked. I know coherent and logical are
From what my teacher says (he's a senior marker) they tend to prefer concise answers. I doubt they "mark" concise-ness. (Don't know how you would go about it). If its logical and coherent and doesn't bore the marker to death it should be fine.

it wasn't extremely hard, but it had a couple of questions that made you think
all in all, i liked it :) probably best exam out of all of them

so glad i'm finished
This...except for the finished bit :(

Bobbo1

HSC
i just guess the "concise" part of marks won't come directly but as you write more there is more chance of you lacking "coherence" and you could contradict yourself

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
i just guess the "concise" part of marks won't come directly but as you write more there is more chance of you lacking "coherence" and you could contradict yourself
This.

Username2

HSC
N/A
Golly I made so many stupid mistakes. gahh 1. Mistook nano for 10^-6 2. Didnt add the earth's radius 3. Had no idea about the red/blue light. No more 90+ anymore, mabe not even B6

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
Your response on red and blue light? On the relativity of simultaneity question? Force on AB?

micro-chips

HSC
N/A
everyone found it easy...thats not gooood.
higher cutoffs...every mark gonna be worth so much now.
hopefully markers are lenient on those extended responses...

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Your response on red and blue light? On the relativity of simultaneity question? Force on AB?
red and blue light;
i said something along the lines of the amount of photons depends on the intensity
they differ in energy, blue having a higher frequency than red, therefore having more energy

relativity of simultaneity;
its the same ol' train moving at the speed of light, just a spaceship

i forgot what i put for the force on AB

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
red and blue light;
i said something along the lines of the amount of photons depends on the intensity
they differ in energy, blue having a higher frequency than red, therefore having more energy

relativity of simultaneity;
its the same ol' train moving at the speed of light, just a spaceship

i forgot what i put for the force on AB
For the force on AB...what was the direction of the force...the direction of the motion of the coil had an arrow in both directions so I was a bit put off..and just took one. Also can't remember force on AB just BIL from memory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)