General Thoughts: Physics (1 Viewer)

Zeroes

HSC
Idk, i was pissed that there wasn't any mathematical questions in Quanta to Quarks. I spent ages studying chemical transmutations (I dont do chemistry, its all foreign to me) and it wasn't even in there!
Same, it was all writing and bullshitting - and no calculations at all? I was hoping for a few since they're easy and I skimmed over Quanta a bit lol. I was also hoping for standard model with the extended response but the one we got was decent enough.

Do you guys know how each option scales/aligns/whatever it does?

nifkeh

HSC
I think you are allowed to do more than one if you want but they'll only count your best one. I think. I could be very wrong on that. Regardless, you can't go above 100/100, these guys are trolls and you shouldn't have time to do more than one option imo
what my teacher told me for IPT (we had to do 2 options + core) is if you did all option topics, they would count only the first two or something you did (chronologically). I suppose it might be the same for physics dunno. ideally you wouldn't want to waste more time doing more than one option topic because they don't add all your option topics together to give you a score or average them, if you got like 8 out of the whole topic and in another topic you got 15 you wouldn't get the average of those two. But I think they don't give everyone marks for the best topic they did, I think they stick to the 'first option topic you answered chronologically irrespective of marks' criteria, so if you only do 1 option topic then you get your mark set for that.

but logically what you are taught at school, you should do that in the exam, I mean you wasted a whole term learning that option you might as well wrap your head around it and do it in the exam

Dedopcat

HSC
so if I got 80 internally and my raw for the exam was say 60ish what would happen?

Automatia

HSC
Your mark is composed of 50% your external exam mark which in your case would be the stated 60ish and 50% by your internal mark. If you came first in your course internally and also scored the highest exam mark you will receive that mark as your internal mark. This will mean that your exam mark becomes your total hsc mark (once it is aligned relative to the state of course).

Keelan134

HSC
How about the Angry Birds haha, and the question that was to scale. I had to rub my eyes when I saw that hahaha

EinstenICEBERG

Einstein V2
HSC
that's exactly what i did for the last question easy 6 marks... overall option topic for quanta to quarks wasn't that hard...
LoL the only question i was comfortable with.. i had like 5 examples . chadwick, Pauli neutrino, Fermi's discovery of neutron in the process of fission, and 2 more, which i forgot

2xL

HSC
Was pretty good. Comparing the MC on the other thread, I get 18/19 based on whether 20 is A or B (I put B).

As for the stupid shit about the option, you do one fucking option. Isn't that obvious? Christ.

visipac

HSC
A- 80% efficiency
B- 98.4%
C - 99.7% efficiency

it asked for calculations not theory, so I think price might be irrelevant. iono

urgh if it was from the electrons frame of reference, then there would be no change since the laws of physics hold true in an inertial frame of reference. (remain 40cm)
First of all, you don't need to calculate efficiency. You calculate their respective power losses and hence determine an ideal set up, set up B involves half the power losses of set up C (C involves power losses in the form of power requirements in providing temperatures below the critical temperature), therefore set up B is an ideal set up.
Secondly, the electron is observing the contracted length as it is able to detect its motion relative to the anode which it travels towards, hence violating an inertial frame of reference, I believe that the length that it observes is 0.39m

visipac

HSC
LoL the only question i was comfortable with.. i had like 5 examples . chadwick, Pauli neutrino, Fermi's discovery of neutron in the process of fission, and 2 more, which i forgot
Didn't Chadwick discover the neutron and Fermi the conversion of mass on to energy by applying conservation of mass-energy (E=mc^2) in a nuclear fission reaction?

Last edited:

adzlark

HSC
N/A
Where do you reckon a 92% raw mark will compare with the rest of the state?

Stealth_Mel0n

HSC
A- 80% efficiency
B- 98.4%
C - 99.7% efficiency

it asked for calculations not theory, so I think price might be irrelevant. iono

urgh if it was from the electrons frame of reference, then there would be no change since the laws of physics hold true in an inertial frame of reference. (remain 40cm)
I thought design B was most efficient.

nirukk

HSC
Has anyone ever got 100 for physics or any science subjects ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)