General Thoughts: Physics (2 Viewers)

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
for the question where you had to draw the emf versus time, i drew the wrong graph at first. But then i crossed it out and drew a new graph with all the correct features. However i didnt use a ruler (i only realised 20seconds before end of exam), would this cost me a mark?
Did you provide some sort of way to demonstrate how the EMF got larger in the second one?

superSAIyan2

HSC
^yeh. i showed that the emf doubled in the second second. and the frequency was double as well

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
yeh. i showed that the emf doubled in the second second. and the frequency was double as well
I would think it would be okay then, my first graph looked horrible, i scribbled out like 2 different lines, but in the end I think they understood

Jimmy2064

HSC
I spoke about both superconductors (maglev train and mri) and semiconductors (solid state devices and solar cells) and linked their use to society x.x and I drew a line of best fit lightly, It didn't say you had to but i did it anyway just incase :s
same and same. My teacher said always draw a line of best fit, unless it says otherwise, so I did (you couldn't lose marks for it, could you?)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
What did you guys get for the AU one? The distance from Pollux or something

hjed

HSC
Did you provide some sort of way to demonstrate how the EMF got larger in the second one?
I increased the amplitude and frequency of the sin graph.

for the question where you had to draw the emf versus time, i drew the wrong graph at first. But then i crossed it out and drew a new graph with all the correct features. However i didnt use a ruler (i only realised 20seconds before end of exam), would this cost me a mark?
Wasn't emf a sin graph!? You can't use a ruler for a sin graph (so you should be fine, from memory it was only two marks as well which means they probs won't take anything off for neatness)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I increased the amplitude and frequency of the sin graph.

Wasn't emf a sin graph!? You can't use a ruler for a sin graph (so you should be fine, from memory it was only two marks as well which means they probs won't take anything off for neatness)
3 marks

iBibah

HSC
i wrote
V=Ed = 0.01 x 15 = 0.15 V

b)magnetic field deflects electron down. so electric field must deflect it up. so direction of field is down.
Equate forces caused by electric and magnetic field; Eq=qvB
E = 10^4 x 0.5 = 5000 N/C downwards
But didn't it ask for the voltage? So multiply 5000 by 0.01 ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)