General Thoughts: Physics (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts here.

HSC
It seemed really short to me? And I was expecting so much more on relativity then just a couple multiple choice... but gotta say feel pretty good with it :D

HSC
the one at the end
If that's the AC dominating DC I talked about how less energy is lost in transmission thus allowing for the distancing of power stations away from cities, therefore the harmful effects of pollution on humans are minimised, and I talked about how the slip ring commutator doesnt have a gap like in the split ring which causes sparks and problems under high velocity.

And that the slip ring commutator is a simpler design leading to less expensive maintenance and production, benefitting society in economical factors :)

iStudent

HSC
Stumbled on a few questions but I got them on the end :D
Should do ok. Couldn't get 1 question in my option.

HSC
If that's the AC dominating DC I talked about how less energy is lost in transmission thus allowing for the distancing of power stations away from cities, therefore the harmful effects of pollution on humans are minimised, and I talked about how the slip ring commutator doesnt have a gap like in the split ring which causes sparks and problems under high velocity.

And that the slip ring commutator is a simpler design leading to less expensive maintenance and production, benefitting society in economical factors :)
do u remember the question, I just wanna cross check it with my notes if I got it right or not

TheAbsolutist

HSC
Got caught stupidly on the power loss question and then the stopping voltage. Ugh.... other than that pretty fair paper, although the wording of some of the multiple choice questions was really iffy. (eg. there are fewer high energy photons at high frequencies, no commas.)

cintaurus

HSC
The graph if 0 stopping Voltage was just you had to draw over the same graph right?

orcevalm

HSC
lol idk if i got the projectile one right. option was alright except for the binding energy one :/ i also didnt know how to do the stopping voltage one like i drew another parallel line next to it and probs calculated the whole frequency wrong

iStudent

HSC
The threshold freq was around 9.9
radiation frequency was 12.8 ish

I'll admit I didn't get this q till last 10 minutes.
so work function was qV. (see next page post as to why)
Then you find threshold where KE=0
so hf=W. Find f your threshold frequency. Draw a line parallel then rest is easy

Last edited:

iStudent

HSC
lol idk if i got the projectile one right. option was alright except for the binding energy one :/ i also didnt know how to do the stopping voltage one like i drew another parallel line next to it and probs calculated the whole frequency wrong
The projectile q was 27 spaces down. around 3 spaces up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)