General Thoughts: Science (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you find the exam? Share your thoughts here

tobbinator

HSC
Too much multiple choice and too much time to do it in. Finished at least a half an hour early despite having a ~10 minute break every page of short answers.

goodie10

HSC
N/A
Science one was basically content really, it was more of things that you would have to memorise rather than always reflecting back to the stimulus booklet. It was an okay test.

goodie10

HSC
N/A
I think its normal for science to have a lot of multiple choice, id rather multiple over short answer or extended response. But that biotechnology extended response was unordainary

tobbinator

HSC
That biotechnology response was just me waffling on about cloning for a page

Eg155

HSC
was pretty ok! I laughed when i saw that biotechnology question- studied that on sunday 'just in case' :) im hoping for a band 6:thrust:, but i would have liked about 10 mins more to double check my answers for stupid mistakes. i can account for 5 marks lost without stupid mistakes...

lath

HSC
too many silly mistakes :(
Other than that is was a decent test.

zombies

HSC
Even though I didn't study I didn't find too bad.. Although I'll probably only get like 3/7 marks for the last page on the biotechnology lol. Also there was one question I had no idea on, the question about the word to describe the water on the earth and in the atmosphere or something. Anyone willing to tell me what it was?

lath

HSC
Even though I didn't study I didn't find too bad.. Although I'll probably only get like 3/7 marks for the last page on the biotechnology lol. Also there was one question I had no idea on, the question about the word to describe the water on the earth and in the atmosphere or something. Anyone willing to tell me what it was?
hydrosphere

HSC
I was alright but I'm a dud a science anyway. Completely forgot what biotechnology was so that's 7 marks down the drain :( Does anyone know what the one about gravity and the one about the dust cloud was in the fill in the box questions? A few people said at school but idk if they're right or not.

Haha dw, I'm not even going to get 3/7 cause I got it mixed up with something else :( I think that one about water was hydrosphere.

Laeth01

HSC
i think lots of people would have lost marks on the last question as they probably wouldn't know what biotechnology is..

i wrote about the different religion groups and animal clone, society + producing medicines through bacteria and such because that what biotechnology is really...( i think)

Lina3

HSC
I said it was Precipitation.

It was a decent test.

lath

HSC
I was alright but I'm a dud a science anyway. Completely forgot what biotechnology was so that's 7 marks down the drain :( Does anyone know what the one about gravity and the one about the dust cloud was in the fill in the box questions? A few people said at school but idk if they're right or not.

Haha dw, I'm not even going to get 3/7 cause I got it mixed up with something else :( I think that one about water was hydrosphere.
weight and nebula

avhead

no-hope fighter pilot l0l
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
HSC
yeahhhhhh got those both right, and the hydrosphere one! :D
I know i made a few other silly mistakes, I completely forget about waste for the nuclear question far out!
These were my two weaker subjects (I'm really good at the physics part of science though, and im still not too bad at them), I'm hoping for getting a high band 6 for maths and h/g :D

Anyway who cares, SC is a complete joke LOL more focused on smashing year 11/12 and getting a good ATAR.

Last edited:

premskies

HSC
Good exam, despite knowing I have already lost 3 possibly 4 marks in the multiple choice..
Do I sound stupid asking what the band 6 cut off might be?
ps. killed question 64 and 67, wrote 2.5 pages for both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)